Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

Thing is, it couldn't have been say, Nancy poisoning the kid and then poisoning herself, Chris coming home, being distraught, and hanging himself in his weight room. If that was the case, it'd be two suicides and a murder - not two murders and a suicide.

Agreed.But how about Nancy killing their Son, Chris getting home and finding this, Killing nancy and then Hanging himself?As stated, we don't know the facts of the case yet and everyone is speculating.

• Paid Members

Unless you actually met the guy and knew him well, then I could see you losing respect for him, as you'd have thought you knew the guy and now you feel let down by his lack of control, perspective, character and morals.If you had respect for him as a person, because you respected him as a family man, then I could see your point about losing respect for him.

how can one respect someone who is supposed to have killed his family?!?Benoit was a fantastic wrestler, but i dont respect him as a person!
That's the point he was trying to make.

The thing with Regal's tribute is that although it was kept as short as possible, he done exactly the same when Eddie Guerrero died. I'm going to assume it was to stop himself breaking down, as the circumstances surrounding the three deaths has not emerged when Regal's tribute aired.

Thing is, it couldn't have been say, Nancy poisoning the kid and then poisoning herself, Chris coming home, being distraught, and hanging himself in his weight room. If that was the case, it'd be two suicides and a murder - not two murders and a suicide.

Agreed.But how about Nancy killing their Son, Chris getting home and finding this, Killing nancy and then Hanging himself?As stated, we don't know the facts of the case yet and everyone is speculating.
Hasn't it been stated it looks like the order of death was Nancy, Daniel, then Chris, all with a day apart? Edited by Finlay

• Paid Members

The thing with Regal's tribute is that although it was kept as short as possible, he done exactly the same when Eddie Guerrero died. I'm going to assume it was to stop himself breaking down, as the circumstances surrounding the three deaths has not emerged when Regal's tribute aired.

I thought he was just too upset. There's no way that Regal knew about the situation but WWE still ran a tribute show, no way.

Ah, no problem.Does anyone know if there's anything on Sky Sports News on just now? Sky's messing up and it's making it near impossible to check.

Edited by GIB

I'd go with that too. WWE went with a tribute show as they had very little time between getting the info to going on air. If they had the info they do now then I don't think we would have seen the same show.

I'd go with that too. WWE went with a tribute show as they had very little time between getting the info to going on air. If they had the info they do now then I don't think we would have seen the same show.

wwe did the right think according to their information they had at that time!

This is all so surreal, find it hard to beleive that Benoit would murder his family and then kill himself. Regardless of what did or didn't happen, RIP Chris. One of the true greats of the sport.

I concur. In all investigations theres whats called the MMO: Means, Motive, and Oppertunity. I realise there could be Means and Oppertunity, but why would he WANT to kill his wife and kid? It doesn't make sense. I've been working it through in my mind but the only thing that gets me is why would he? It defies logic. Perhaps he recognised how bad a situation Eddie left his family in when he died and didn't want them to go through the same thing, but thats pretty infeasable.EDIT:

I thought he was just too upset. There's no way that Regal knew about the situation but WWE still ran a tribute show, no way.

If you watch Regal's tribute, at the end he does say "sorry guys, I can't" and moves as if he's getting up to leave. Edited by thejeffjarrettone

I don't understand why people are saying they'll lose respect for him if he did kill his family.Unless you actually met the guy and knew him well, then I could see you losing respect for him, as you'd have thought you knew the guy and now you feel let down by his lack of control, perspective, character and morals.As a performer, him being a murderer (if thats what he turns out to be) doesn't change the fact that he was a terrific wrestler, one of the all time greats. Respect for him as a performer should always be there.If you had respect for him as a person, because you respected him as a family man, then I could see your point about losing respect for him.

With all due respect I completely and forcefully disagree. I've started to think that (in Britain in particular) we far too easily disassociate the performer (or sportsman) from the people they are and the actions they take. I don't respect for Benoit as a man (performer and person) if he has done what is widely being reported.

Guest delirious2007

His Personal life should not affect how much respect he garnished in the wrestling buisness, and we dont know 100 % for sure he did kill his family.