Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

I would assume WWE will try never to mention the murderer again. Hopefully a brief tribute for the two innocents.Benoit was obviously a sick man and should have done everyone a favour and killed himself only. To murder your wife and child is unforgivable under any circumstances. Get over it kids. Wrestler's die all the time. This one deserves to burn in hell.

hay bone brain don't jump gun your making him out to be a cold heartless killer witch he isn't (yet) what if this was result of depression and pressure from the wwe what then huh

I would assume WWE will try never to mention the murderer again. Hopefully a brief tribute for the two innocents.Benoit was obviously a sick man and should have done everyone a favour and killed himself only. To murder your wife and child is unforgivable under any circumstances. Get over it kids. Wrestler's die all the time. This one deserves to burn in hell.

hay bone brain don't jump gun your making him out to be a cold heartless killer witch he isn't (yet) what if this was result of depression and pressure from the wwe what then huh
then he's still a cruel killer who kills his son and wife-hard to say that, i know!

To be honest, the more i read, the more the respect fades.The man may very well have been depressed, he must have been, things must have been going on that we will never understand.But the seemingly sad fact of the matter is this, Chris Benoit killed his family.A 7 year old child, a wife, and then himself. Whatever the circumstances, I can understand WWE not wanting to mention him again, and i feel iof WWE had known these details yesterday, i sincerly doubt they would have aired a 3 hour celebration for him.William Regals speech was the most telling, not saying anything about him personally.This is a tragic set of affairs

Thing is, it couldn't have been say, Nancy poisoning the kid and then poisoning herself, Chris coming home, being distraught, and hanging himself in his weight room. If that was the case, it'd be two suicides and a murder - not two murders and a suicide.

• Paid Members

A 7 year old child, a wife, and then himself. Whatever the circumstances, I can understand WWE not wanting to mention him again, and i feel iof WWE had known these details yesterday, i sincerly doubt they would have aired a 3 hour celebration for him.

Question is, what would they have done? Could they really have gone on with the show as if nothing had happened?

I'm sure the old wrestling industry is tough cliches will come up but pressure from work don't drive you to kill your wife and child unless you're a crazed sick animal. There can be no excuses. Grow up.

Edited by BadNews

• Paid Members

Shit.. I really cant believe this! Just came onto UKFF to browse a little, and didnt even see this thread until I spotted the Chris Benoit memorial thread. Really really shocked.. I dont think Im as shocked and hurt as I was when Eddie died, but the things surrounding Benoits death are really hard to get to grips with. Im going through endless scenarios in my head.. and all of them are just really fucked up.Like someone mentioned earlier, Eddie and Benoit both died in the week they were scheduled to win the main title. Just fucked up. The WMXX end shot has a whole new meaning to it now.Rest In Peace Benoit

I don't think this is a Wrestling Death. This is a death involving a wrestler. What I mean by that is - if it was a good old fashioned 'if I can't have you nobody can' thing, then it would have happened if Chris Benoit was a bus driver or a postman. Especially if he was a postman :(

Edited by CracktonMoj

It's the weirdest death, though, freaky.If it's proven Benoit did this, I'll lose any sympathy or respect I had for him, because no matter how depressed you are you don't take the life of your kid and wife.However, I'll still always be thankful of the great times he delivered as a professional wrestler.

The fact that three people are dead, two adults and a 7 year old child, and the police are not actively looking for anyone else to help them with their enquiries limits the situation to suicide, murder or accidental death.Given that:

Lt. Tommy Pope told the Associated Press that it was being investigated as a homicide pending results of a preliminary autopsy report that will come out tomorrow. No gunshot or stab wounds were found, but they couldn't rule out poisoning, suffocation or strangulation. Pope said he was not confirming any of these potential causes, just not ruling them out.

and

Lt. Tommy Pope told ABC News "the instruments of death were located on the scene," but didn't specify what those were or where they were found. Pope said the department was not actively searching for any suspects outside the house.

it appears to rule out accidental death. So that leaves murder or suicide. A suicide pact is possible, but I can't for the life of me see a 7 year old willingly kill himself. Even if you have an open mind, the details so far are rather compelling.
It is unlikely but piecing together some of this. Benoit left for a family issue. It is alledged he heard that his wife and child were coughing up blood (however until now this is unsubstantiated). The police haven't ruled out poisoning. Is it possible that wife and child were poisoned for whatever reason and Benoit commited suicide later?Seems a possible if unlikely scenario but does blow out all this 'clear cut, he did it' stuff.

Unless the autopsy reports show a clear time difference between the three deaths and these 'instruments' are conclusive, we might NEVER know the full extent of the truth. Someone could have been having an affair or anything like that which this may now never come to light. It is still possible Nancy was killed in a fight (accidentally) and to protect himself and his son from the shame, Chris killed Daniel then himself. Obviously this is not right but it is a possible situation. A lot depends on the order of Death. If it was Nancy, Daniel, then Chris who has apparently hung himself it does not look good. Either way it looks like Chris could have killed his son, if Nancy died on Saturday.