Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

Yeah, Sartre.

*chortle*

We don't like existentialists around here. And we certainly don't like French philosophers poncing around in their black polo-necks filling everyone's heads with their theories about the bleakness of existence and the absurdity of the cosmos!

seriously though, if some one could it would be grand. I've had a look round but I assume some one on here will put it across or know a site that puts it across at a level that is more me, if you will.

Courtesy of Squashed Philosophers here is a link to a condensed 2300-word version of 'Existentialism is a Humanism' by Sartre, which was recommended to me as the ideal starting point when trying to get to grips with the topic. For a Sartre piece it is uncharacteristically readable.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

All images, especially thumbnails, have all of a sudden gone a very poor quality in my web browser and emails. They're blurry as hell. If I hover over the images I get the 'hold shift and R to improve image quality' message.

Anyone know why this is all of a sudden happening and how to fix it? I'm getting the same problem in IE and Chrome.

Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Does anybody know of any good Twitter software? All I want it to do is to send my tweets, when I type them, to Twitter. The new Twitter site takes forever and a day to load here.

Thanks a lot!

Does anybody know of any good Twitter software? All I want it to do is to send my tweets, when I type them, to Twitter. The new Twitter site takes forever and a day to load here.

Thanks a lot!

Tweetdeck. Excellent client. I use it plenty, friendly interface too.

I'm just wondering if anybody can help me with the name of a film - I can't remember too much about it though but for some reason I've spent today trying to work out which film it was.

It was about a guy who gave a lass he met his number by writing it on a dollar bill. She let the money go and said that if it was meant to be, she'd find it again. Anyway, whatdayaknow she finds it and they meet on an outdoor skating rink at the end and live happily ever after.

It was set in America and was a romantic comedy - the term 'comedy' being used loosely.

Thanks.

• Paid Members
Love Cusack. Wasn't there a similar film with Nic Cage about a lottery ticket?

That was It Could Happen To You with Bridget Fonda where he offers her half a lottery ticket instead of a tip and he wins (mediocre Rom-Com shennanigans ensue)

• Paid Members

Not sure about that but my Mum and Dad didn't get married till 1997 I was about 11 at the time someone always died or something along those lines. They got "Married" on a beach in the Caribbean but they found out it's not worth the paper it was written on sham marriage. They have been together for like 35years though so a piece of paper don't mean shit really.

Archived