Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members
Sarah Palin ("I've yet to find a redeeming quality in this woman... that tweet after the shooting in Arizona made my blood boil. A vile human being." - Dead Mike).

From the Twatlist thread. What was it she said?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

Umm. I don't think that's how it went down did it?

I believe she was using the slogan "don't retreat, reload" as part of that win back the 20, crosshairs map campaign, but that was all before the shooting. Which is what brought the heat on her for using all that violent imagery and rhetoric.

I'm no fan, but I don't think even she'd be that dumb and heartless to say that after the fact..?

• Paid Members
Yeah, Sartre.

*chortle*

We don't like existentialists around here. And we certainly don't like French philosophers poncing around in their black polo-necks filling everyone's heads with their theories about the bleakness of existence and the absurdity of the cosmos!

seriously though, if some one could it would be grand. I've had a look round but I assume some one on here will put it across or know a site that puts it across at a level that is more me, if you will.

Existentialists essentially believe that the individual is responsible for creating a life of meaning and substance for themselves. The emotions such as despair, angst etc. are hindrances to the ultimate state of understanding oneself and one's purpose in life.

Franz Kafka's Metamorphosis is a good book to read to understand the concept of an existential crisis of personality.

• Paid Members
Existentialists essentially believe that the individual is responsible for creating a life of meaning and substance for themselves. The emotions such as despair, angst etc. are hindrances to the ultimate state of understanding oneself and one's purpose in life.

Franz Kafka's Metamorphosis is a good book to read to understand the concept of an existential crisis of personality.

Many thanks, you're a top chap.

Archived