Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

Jesus wept, you're a tight get :p:laugh:

I have a question while i'm here, in my continued search for full-time work post uni i'm planning on visiting some of the agencies in my local town for general admin work to build up my office experience and was wondering what I should wear? They'll only be small places and i'm just dropping in to enquire and tell them my situation but don't want to look a scruffy git or indeed like an overdressed ponce

Also any general advice on agenices? Cheers.

In any employment situation I'd rather look like an overdressed ponce than a scruffy git. Agencies are bloody useless though. I sign up to three a couple of summers back to help find some office admin work whilst I was back from Uni, two didn't reply and the other gave me a call late Friday afternoon asking if I "fancied working on the production line of a cheese factory for a week from tomorrow". Suffice to say I didnt take up that offer.

:laugh: Oh. Hopefully i'll find a decent one, I don't hold out much hope but it's another avenue to explore.

The other thing is I have a part-time job at the minute that I've done for a few years, do you have to be avaiable straight-away for agency stuff or does it depend? because I wouldn't really want to do a moonlight flit at my current job.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Not at all, it just so happens its a nice shirt is all. I might as well get some ware out of it if I can.

We can't all throw money away on a fancy hat for the night :ninja:

• Paid Members

I have a question while i'm here, in my continued search for full-time work post uni i'm planning on visiting some of the agencies in my local town for general admin work to build up my office experience and was wondering what I should wear? They'll only be small places and i'm just dropping in to enquire and tell them my situation but don't want to look a scruffy git or indeed like an overdressed ponce

Also any general advice on agenices? Cheers.

In any employment situation I'd rather look like an overdressed ponce than a scruffy git. Agencies are bloody useless though. I sign up to three a couple of summers back to help find some office admin work whilst I was back from Uni, two didn't reply and the other gave me a call late Friday afternoon asking if I "fancied working on the production line of a cheese factory for a week from tomorrow". Suffice to say I didnt take up that offer.

:laugh: Oh. Hopefully i'll find a decent one, I don't hold out much hope but it's another avenue to explore.

The other thing is I have a part-time job at the minute that I've done for a few years, do you have to be avaiable straight-away for agency stuff or does it depend? because I wouldn't really want to do a moonlight flit at my current job.

A lot of it is last minute and short notice yeah, may want to explain your situation to the agency when you sign up.

• Paid Members

Why the fuck are there so few Easter eggs around this year? It's March and Sainsbury's have only got a few token Buttons and Mini Eggs ones in. Plus, where are all the Easter themed cakes too, I fucking love Mini Eggs cakes.

• Paid Members
Why the fuck are there so few Easter eggs around this year? It's March and Sainsbury's have only got a few token Buttons and Mini Eggs ones in. Plus, where are all the Easter themed cakes too, I fucking love Mini Eggs cakes.

Our Tesco has a bloody wall of them, although there doesn't seem to be much variety.

• Paid Members

How come this topic comes up...

BT or Talk Talk

and the guy gets shit all over by Chest Rockwell and closed by Tiger Rick

Then one day later this comes up

I need help lap top shit

Chest Rockwell not following up on this one but helping the guy out and offering sound advice.

This thread is hard to find and I have fallen victim to posting a question in a wrong thread. The thread that is pinned is not clear enough to say it is not for normal off topic questions.

So is the paidos really a special place where everyone gets away with everything and you all go around licking each others arses. If not Rick shut the thread and remind old Bono its the wrong fucking place.

WHERE'S THE CONSISTENCY THO MODS? THE CONSISTENCY? WHERE IS IT? fuck this I'm off the pub. Something something wales something beers and darts something yeah 1980s. I'm gonna go fucking Ole Anderson on this shit later.

so anyway I shagged her.

From the name-change thread.

• Moderators

:laugh:

I do have a real answer to that though, whilst I'm killing time on this train journey -

1) Flash was pretty much asking a one line yes/no qustion, whereas Bono's thread is more of a subjective question.

2) Flash has done it repeatedly

3) I'm more inclined to help someone who can actually string a fucking sentence together because they might actually take responses on instead of just not reply and then make a new thread a week later asking another shit question.

So you're kinda half right. I'm biased against Flash, but not showing any favouritism cos I can't even remember who Bono was before the name change.

• Paid Members
:laugh:

I do have a real answer to that though, whilst I'm killing time on this train journey -

1) Flash was pretty much asking a one line yes/no qustion, whereas Bono's thread is more of a subjective question.

2) Flash has done it repeatedly

3) I'm more inclined to help someone who can actually string a fucking sentence together because they might actually take responses on instead of just not reply and then make a new thread a week later asking another shit question.

So you're kinda half right. I'm biased against Flash, but not showing any favouritism cos I can't even remember who Bono was before the name change.

Fair enough that makes sense. In the first thread I just read it as for fuck sake not another idiot posting a question in a thread and not the right place. If he has previous he got everything he deserved.

Now that's cleared up and the UKFF is one again i shall go watch the best of Mysterio box set. Featuring over two whole minutes of unmissable action.

Archived