More youtube awesomeness.

Mike_h102

• Paid Members

why did that even happen? i was at Leeds that year and i can't recall if they actually played there, the poster says they did (and whilst im at it, that lineup is fucking great):

20090118-082656-386392.gif

they are added onto the bottom of the one day like some kind of sick joke.

Bottling at festival was brutal back in the day. I attended Download in 2004/2005 and the bottle fights just between the fans the one year was just crazy. As the sun was setting, between bands everyone would just start throwing anything they could get their hands on. I had some photo's taken from the hill where the sky is filled with bottles, i've got them on disc somewhere i need to dig em out. It was mental.

• Paid Members

Oh it happened!

I was at Leeds too that year, the crowd went spastic at them. The brilliant thing about their bottling is by all accounts they lasted longer than 50cent.

My fave missile moment was Mel C at V Festival one year. An old school pal of mine threw a mint imperial at her and it conked her right on the forehead, he was miles back too.

• Paid Members

why did that even happen? i was at Leeds that year and i can't recall if they actually played there, the poster says they did (and whilst im at it, that lineup is fucking great):

20090118-082656-386392.gif

they are added onto the bottom of the one day like some kind of sick joke.

Bottling at festival was brutal back in the day. I attended Download in 2004/2005 and the bottle fights just between the fans the one year was just crazy. As the sun was setting, between bands everyone would just start throwing anything they could get their hands on. I had some photo's taken from the hill where the sky is filled with bottles, i've got them on disc somewhere i need to dig em out. It was mental.

I was there, they did indeed play and were bottled off stage by thousands of vessels containing piss.

It was magical and yes, a fucking wonderful line up.

Also bAz, that is an incredible upload mate, I mean, what the fuck??

Still one of the greatest kids themes ever, and considering what the programme was about, beautifully fitting for a news report discussing ukip.

Edited by Kaz Hayashi

• Paid Members

I was at Leeds too that year, the crowd went spastic at them. The brilliant thing about their bottling is by all accounts they lasted longer than 50cent.

50 Cent actually survived the bottling at Leeds and stayed on. I think after about 5 mins everyone gave up and it ended up being pretty good.

If I remember correctly, Daphne & Celeste had begged to be booked so they could meet Eminem who ended up cancelling his spot because he got arrested or something like that. The promotors basically did it as a bit of fun knowing they'd get bottled and only last a few minutes on stage.

Mel C got bottled for doing a cover of Anarchy In The UK, didn't she? And for looking like this I presume.
 _427994_melc_300.jpg

Nothing beats the guy from Panic At The Disco getting knocked out by an empty bottle of Jagermeister.

Lead singer from Nickelback took quite a large rock to the head in Portugal. This was before they started the gig. I think he walked straight back off.

It played out slightly different. They were playing the second song and stuff was being thrown, to which Khad Kroger basically said "we're off if you keep throwing stuff", which is when someone threw a rock and that was that

To quote the comedian Chris Porter, "I've got alot of respect for the Portuguese and their hatred. They threw rocks at Nickelback...it was an indoor venue."

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Someone on the YouTube section reckons Daphne and Celeste cried and fucked off at Leeds and were more prepared for Reading. Maybe someone can verify?

As for them being there, for a laugh they lied to journalists saying they were playing there. As was mentioned, probably so she could meet Eminem and Reading got in touch. They were put on between Slipknot and Rage I think. They did a cover of School's Out by Alice Cooper too - brilliant heel work.

That Reading line up is indeed crazy. Didn't realise Black Eyed Peas were about in 2000.

Edited by Sphinx

I only found that video because I was watching one of the wrestlers doing Hit, Miss or Maybe on whatever breakfast show that's from. D&C were on there and I'd forgotten about the song. Which led me to You And I Alone, which is decent.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Here is the excellent original trailer to Kubrick's "A Clockwork Orange". CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTING EFFECTS AND VARIOUS OTHER FLASHING EFFECTS.

Edited by bAzTNM#1