The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

Nicely done GIB, there's nothing better than grinding a smallish bet up to something decent. I prefer it to when I'm betting £200 or so on 4 to 1 or so.

Tonight was a good night for where I think the nba is at the moment. I did one of my small £25 bets (I try to not bet too much in the week) which I put on the football, and then went for the over of the Bucks/Cavs. Which I thought would be a lock, but was a bit of a sweat. (To the BradyisGod, it was okay odds but definitely the spread was a great choice for the bucks. Mainly because the bucks can score against any team who aren't organised on defence. Against a team which can make them go for long twos constantly is where you never want to take them.)

image.jpg

uploading pictures

I then saw the over for the Mavs/Bulls game which I thought was too low, so put a bit on that.. Then after a couple minutes of no scoring it went all the way down to 205.5. And doubled down, As that's insanely low. It had an inflated over due to double overtime, but still I would have been comfortable without it.

image.jpg

screen shot on windows

Every game I wanted to bet on, won. Now we are a month or so in I think the overs are going to hit far more, also there were some weird lines today I thought. I feel pretty happy with the nba right now and if my posts aren't too annoying I will post some more from time to time.

To add a question here, let's say you have an accumulator of five teams and the 4th match lets you down with one game later on still to go. Do you still want that team to win, so your instincts were on point? Or do you want them to lose so you don't feel so annoyed that one team let you down?

I know, a fairly stupid question, but it's something I always think about and usually want the team to lose as it would be too annoying if they won.

In the end I went with Bucks/Cavs double result at 5/1 which went well but it was in an 4-fold with Bulls on the spread (think it was -1.5) which let me down. The other selections was Lakers and Hawks both with no handicap.

Looks like there seems to be money to be won on the nba though so going to try and follow more closely! Thanks for all your insight Ron,I'm finding it proper helpful mate!

And if I have one team left to run and the accas already out the window I sort of want them to win! Like you said it's good to know you was close rather than miles away!

had a really good day yesterday could have been better though. lost 3 games by a point and 3 more as a draw so bit gutted. i had 41 wins 24 loses so

thanks magnum milano now sorted

total wins 335 loses 311 = +24

Do you even have any interest in what you're betting on or do you just go down the page? yes to both

NCAAB

Valparaiso -1 @  Eastern Kentucky - won

San Jose State  @  UC Davis -9 - won

Canisius  @  Saint Peters -2.5 - lost

North Texas +19.5 @  Oklahoma State - won

Western Carolina +8 @  East Tennessee State - won

Old Dominion -4.5 @  George Mason - won

Georgia Tech +3.5 @  Northwestern - won

Montana  @  California -14 - lost

Villanova -10 @  La Salle - won

Nevada  @  Long Beach State -12 - lost by 1

Texas-San Antonio  @  Northern Arizona -8.5 - lost

East Carolina +3.5 @  Florida Atlantic - lost

Virginia Tech  @  Penn State -9.5 - lost

Bowling Green  @  Western Kentucky -2 - won

William & Mary +10 @  Richmond - won

Portland State +11 @  Portland - lost

Texas El Paso +6 @  Colorado State - won

UNLV  @  Arizona State -5 - won

Temple +1 @  Saint Joseph's - lost

Toledo +3 @  Cleveland State - won

Northeastern  @  Harvard -7 - won

Michigan State +2.5 @  Notre Dame - won

Virginia -4.5 @  Maryland - won

Southern Illinois  @  SIU Edwardsville +1.5 - lost

Butler  @  Indiana State -7.5 - won

Loyola Marymount  @  Southern Cal -5 - won

Creighton +1.5 @  Tulsa - lost

Auburn +7.5 @  Texas Tech - won

Charlotte +4.5 @  Davidson - lost

North Dakota State  @  Southern Miss -2 - won

Buffalo  @  St. Bonaventure -3 - won

Wichita State +3 @  Utah - won

San Francisco +12 @  Colorado - lost

Duke  @  Wisconsin -3 - lost

Tulane  @  Loyola of Chicago -7.5 - lost

Iowa  @  North Carolina -9.5 - lost

Dayton  @  Miami (Ohio) +11 - won

over/unders

Georgia Tech @ Northwestern 117.5 over - won

San Francisco @ Colorado 136.5 over - lost

Virginia @ Maryland 119 over - won

Auburn @ Texas Tech 138.5 under - won

Michigan State @ Notre Dame 137.over - won

Idaho @ Washington State 148.5 over - lost by half a point

Wichita State @ Utah 127 over - won

UNLV @ Arizona State 128 under - lost

Loyola Marymount @ Southern Cal 131.5 over - won

Temple @ Saint Joseph's 124.5 over - lost

Iowa @ North Carolina 149 over - lost

Duke @ Wisconsin 136.5 over - won

NCAAB picks

1 Georgia Tech @ Northwestern 117.5 over - won

2 San Francisco @ Colorado 136.5 over - lost

3 Virginia @ Maryland 119 over - won

4 Auburn @ Texas Tech 138.5 under - won

5 Georgia Tech @ Northwestern +3.5 - won

NBA

Detroit  @  Boston -4 - won

Philadelphia +7.5 @  Minnesota - won

Atlanta  @  Miami -4 - lost

San Antonio  @  Brooklyn +8.5 - won

Orlando +15 @  LA Clippers - lost

Dallas -5 @  Milwaukee - lost

Chicago -3 @  Charlotte - won

Toronto -4 @  Utah - won

LA Lakers  @  Washington -8.5 - won

over/under

Atlanta @ Miami 199 under - lost

Philadelphia @ Minnesota 213.5 under - won

San Antonio @ Brooklyn 192.5 over - lost

Orlando @  LA Clippers 201 over - won

Chicago @  Charlotte 193 under - lost

LA Lakers  @  Washington 208.5 over - lost

Memphis @ Houston 191 under - lost

Dallas @ Milwaukee 207 under - lost

Toronto @ Utah 203 over - won

NHL

St. Louis @ Chicago 5 over - lost

Edmonton @ Winnipeg 5.5 under - won

Montreal @ Minnesota 5 over - lost

Philadelphia @ Anaheim 5.5 over -  won

NHL pick

1 Edmonton @ Winnipeg 5.5 under - won

picks will be up later had 4 out of 6 yesterday. good luck with all your bets

Edited by wooly

wooly, on 24 Nov 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

after yesterdays games i had 32 wins 32 loses some where a point either way and lost about 3 games. but all that matters are the odds of the games. that way. so my overall record is won 50 lost 51.

wooly, on 25 Nov 2014 - 12:00 PM, said:

ok yesterday i had 21 wins 16 losses so a very good day overall. so my over all record is 53 wins 48 loses.

wooly, on 26 Nov 2014 - 3:19 PM, said

had 21 wins 19 loses and all 5 of my top picks won. so my record is 74 wins 67 loses

These figures don't add up.

You went from 50-51, then won 21 and lost 16 and went to 53-48, and then won 21 and lost 19 and went to 74-67?

Just to say for people who do want to bet on nba, I highly recommend following Haralabos Voulgaris On Twitter. May already know who he is, but probably the most successful nba bettor in the world who also has a knowledge which suits betting. What I mean by that is he doesn't just have a knowledge of the game, he understands match ups and schemes better than it seems anyone else, valuing stats that not everyone does. He tweets a tremendous amount during games too.

Anyway I won't make it a daily thing of me saying what I bet (as that gets tedious fast!) but tonight is going to be where I look a fool and felt like sharing what will be a bet which looks like a sure thing, but loses! The Boston, Chicago & Toronto lines are great value, but they also all feel so trappy it seems doomed to fail.

Boston by all rights should destroy Detroit, yes in theory Detroit still believe they can make the playoffs with a trade, but their team sucks, so does Bostons to be fair. It's just Boston at least try to win and Brad Stevens seems to hate losing.

Chicago just came off a double overtime killer agains the Mavs, which is why their line is fairly low. Playing the Mavs and their tempo in a double overtime game is like playing two games that night. Plus they travelled, which isn't a good sign, but this is another example of one of the best coaches in the league (Tom Thidodeau) not wanting to lose. Plus the Bulls are scary, against the east they will crush teams.

Toronto... I mean, they are just better, but they are playing in bloody Utah. No one wants to play in Utah!

I put £60 on Boston/Boston, Chicago/Chicago and Toronto money line, to come back at £350. I could have done spreads for the same price really, but felt like changing it up.

• Moderators

after yesterdays games i had 32 wins 32 loses some where a point either way and lost about 3 games. but all that matters are the odds of the games. that way. so my overall record is won 50 lost 51.

ok yesterday i had 21 wins 16 losses so a very good day overall. so my over all record is 53 wins 48 loses.

had 21 wins 19 loses and all 5 of my top picks won. so my record is 74 wins 67 loses

You went from 50-51, then won 21 and lost 16 and went to 53-48, and then won 21 and lost 19 and went to 74-67?

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLDBERG! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLDBERG! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLDBERG!

I put £60 on Boston/Boston, Chicago/Chicago and Toronto money line, to come back at £350. I could have done spreads for the same price really, but felt like changing it up.

You know when you are correct in everything you say, then try and be cute and all "I'm Keith Hernandez"? Well, yeah, don't! If I had just stuck to spreads then I would have won. But nope, gotta have to seem even smarter by going for what I did... I'm an idiot :(

On the bright side, the league is right where it should be. Whilst the nfl can be random, I do find the NBA follows a pattern which does allow for some good betting spots. Yesterday was another one, for people who aren't morons trying to be clever that is.

Edited by Ron&Hermione

good day again won 40 lost 30 so now 375 wins loses 341 = +34. also thanks to magnum milano for showing mw a mix up now sorted cheers. also a bet i put on a while ago is next james bond will be micheal fassbender 5/1 also i have a bet that as of midnight new yrs eve ill become a vegan for whole year. not looking forward to that.

NCAAB

Western Illinois  @  Akron -12 - won

Arkansas-Little Rock  @  Missouri State -6.5 - lost

CS Northridge  @  Pepperdine -9 - won

Monmouth -3.5 @  Marist - won

Arkansas +7.5 @  Iowa State - lost

Baylor -3 @  Vanderbilt - lost a draw

Morehead State +1.5 @  UAB - lost

LSU  @  West Virginia -8.5 - lost

TCU +6.5 @  Mississippi - won

San Diego +12 @  San Diego State - won

Wisc-Green Bay +3 @  Georgia State - lost

over/unders

Baylor @  Vanderbilt 118.5 over - won

TCU @ Mississippi 128.5 over - lost

San Diego @ San Diego State 124.5 under - won

Arkansas @ Iowa State 160 over - won

LSU @ West Virginia 147 over - lost a draw

top picks

1 Baylor @  Vanderbilt 118.5 over - won

2 TCU @ Mississippi 128.5 over - lost

NCAAF

Central Florida +7 @  East Carolina - won

over/under

Central Florida @ East Carolina 56 over - lost

NBA

Cleveland -7.5 @  New York - lost

New Orleans +8.5 @  Golden State - lost

Indiana  @  Portland -8.5 - lost

over/under

Cleveland @ New York 197.5 over - lost

Indiana @ Portland 194 over - lost

New Orleans @ Golden State 205 over - lost

NHL

Los Angeles @ Arizona 5 under - won

Colorado @ Calgary 5.5 under - lost

Columbus @ Florida 5 under - lost

Buffalo @ Tampa Bay 5.5 under - lost

NHL top picks

1 Columbus @ Florida 5 under - lost

2 Buffalo @ Tampa Bay 5.5 under - lost

3 Vancouver @ Pittsburgh 5.5 under - lost

4 Los Angeles @ Arizona 5 under - won

NFL

Dallas  @  Chicago +3.5 - lost

over/under

Dallas  @  Chicago 51 over - won

picks will be here later yester had 5 out of 6 good luck on all be

Edited by wooly

Wooly?

I had pretty much the exact weekend betting wise as last weekend. I had two football bets for about £210 total (one £130 and one £90) which both lost as those wankers Chelsea decided to screw me two weeks in a row! (Though in fairness in one of the bets I also had Spurs, Liverpool & Arsenal... So right on the money in that bet. :( )

Though between some basketball and mainly the nfl i on another £160 and got back just over £850. Ravens & Steelers was beatifiul for me, I was going to do one of my long previews saying why to bet on them, but was too lazy, plus my last one couldn't have been more wrong. Almost identically I had about £370 in bets to come back as £850.

And because I'm a greedy idiot who wanted to collect money from the store again, the Chelsea bet would've got my stake back online but did all my bets in store. Idiot I know.

Anyway did my £20 bet today (though in fairness I ended up betting £50 total as another one lost.), I'm trying to limit myself to about £50 a day for weekdays. Just because it just gets stupid after a while, it takes away from Saturday & Sunday's fun of betting. And it's not like I'm doing it to live on. Pretty sure that's a super dumb paragraph, so moving on.

I did Utd, Bos/Wash over (I thought would be an absolute lock.) & Cavs/Nets under. (Which turned out to be a sweat.)

image.jpg

gratis bilder hochladen

Wanted to jump on the halftime over of 61.5 for the Falcons/Packers game, but I didn't want to deposit anything (I have a rule of not depositing whilst I have bets on, well unless I love the value.). So I waited til the winnings came through and by then the spread was all the way upto 68.5. Which I still thought was too low. So took that and then doubled down when it went to 65.5, to then I realised as I bet in play I originally thought my first over was for 68.5 but it was for 65.5... Which was a wonderful gift from the betting gods.

image.jpg

bilder kostenlos hochladen

Then because I liked the idea of making it over £300 I went for the over on the Suns/Clippers match up. Again when it went down I figured I would put some more on. This game was a fun sweat, in the last few seconds the Suns had free throws down 111 to 112. I was praying they would miss one to level and guarantee all my wins due to having over 225 & didn't want to push. Luckily that's what happened, went to overtime and easily won.

image.jpg

kostenlos bilder hochladen

So ended up with £325. A pretty good night all in all.

Oh and I completely forgot to do that £10 bet I said I was going to do. I will try and rember to do it for Wednesday as there's a load of basketball to do it on.