WyattSheepMask Posted July 1 Posted July 1 4 minutes ago, Merzbow said: Oh god, not stretching out the Deathriders story even longer... I could maybe see it working if it's leading to a hostile takeover and Mox ends up kicked out of his own group although I thought they were going to go down the "the rest turn on Mox" route ages ago. They could go that route, as you said it did look as though they were going to them on turn on Mox a while back only to then drop the angle. A double turn maybe? Have Mox try and stop Will from battering Omega only for the group to turn on Mox in the process? I don’t know, I just feel as though they need some kind of heavy/big heat angle to show where they’re going next with things rather than the show just ends with Will winning and some fireworks go off. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted July 1 Author Paid Members Posted July 1 Was I the only one to watch the whole show without skipping anything? 😆 As always, I enjoyed the PPV, I watched it over a couple of days, they always seem to deliver with the match quality. A few random notes - Still no sign of RJ City, I hope they're keeping him around in some capacity. - I know the whole lights-out reveal is overused but I liked the Jay White reveal and what a great reaction that was. - I thought Maya World did pretty well, I was worried the fans might be dead for it but credit to Mercedes and Maya for getting them involved with the duelling chants etc. I wonder if Newell/Alize regret walking out yet... - What did people think of the round cage? I like it, obviously they needed a bigger one to fit the number of wrestlers in the match but I thought it looked good. - Lio Rush deciding to change his gimmick seems to be working for him, TK seems to be using him more now. Someone mentioned recently how Toni Storm came up with her gimmick too, I wonder how many more could benefit with a change. - I got absolutely sick of Escalibur talking about Wembley Stadium and the Cathedral of football. Quote
FTR2020 Posted July 2 Posted July 2 6 hours ago, Kamran said: Was I the only one to watch the whole show without skipping anything? 😆 As always, I enjoyed the PPV, I watched it over a couple of days, they always seem to deliver with the match quality. A few random notes - Still no sign of RJ City, I hope they're keeping him around in some capacity. - I know the whole lights-out reveal is overused but I liked the Jay White reveal and what a great reaction that was. - I thought Maya World did pretty well, I was worried the fans might be dead for it but credit to Mercedes and Maya for getting them involved with the duelling chants etc. I wonder if Newell/Alize regret walking out yet... - What did people think of the round cage? I like it, obviously they needed a bigger one to fit the number of wrestlers in the match but I thought it looked good. - Lio Rush deciding to change his gimmick seems to be working for him, TK seems to be using him more now. Someone mentioned recently how Toni Storm came up with her gimmick too, I wonder how many more could benefit with a change. - I got absolutely sick of Escalibur talking about Wembley Stadium and the Cathedral of football. I really like Lio Rush's character and The Conglomoration's reactions whenever he appears makes it better. I personally would like them to take his gimmick from being a comedy gimmick to be realistic of someone who suffers with mental health issues to help bring awareness of it. Have Lio be ok the one minute and then he isn't ok. Have The Comgloration be there for him and stand up for him when others take the mick out of him. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted July 2 Paid Members Posted July 2 4 hours ago, FTR2020 said: I personally would like them to take his gimmick from being a comedy gimmick to be realistic of someone who suffers with mental health issues to help bring awareness of it. They should definitely not do that. I think I'd just like the gimmick to have a bit more explanation. At the moment he's just a vague "weird" guy. Is he possessed? Has he had a nervous breakdown? Does he think he is an ancient Lovecraftian cosmic entity? I think establishing a few things would help me get into it a bit more. Quote
FTR2020 Posted July 2 Posted July 2 1 hour ago, LaGoosh said: They should definitely not do that. I think I'd just like the gimmick to have a bit more explanation. At the moment he's just a vague "weird" guy. Is he possessed? Has he had a nervous breakdown? Does he think he is an ancient Lovecraftian cosmic entity? I think establishing a few things would help me get into it a bit more. Fair enough. I just think it would be good to have a realistic gimmick of someone who suffers with depression. A lot of people could understand and see a bit of themselves in his gimmick. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted July 2 Paid Members Posted July 2 Lio could have benefited from going to this slowly rather than seemingly overnight. But it's still a lot better than Cru and as a hometown native I'm happy to see him succeeding as he puts so much work into it all. Quote
FTR2020 Posted July 2 Posted July 2 Just now, I Bent My Wookie said: Lio could have benefited from going to this slowly rather than seemingly overnight. But it's still a lot better than Cru and as a hometown native I'm happy to see him succeeding as he puts so much work into it all. Yeah Lio Rush has to give himself credit for turning his career around. I have always rated him and I hope this is start of a bigger push for him. Lio Rush vs Will Ospreay. Lio Rush vs Kyle Fletcher, Lio Rush vs Takeshita etc. These matches would rule. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted July 2 Paid Members Posted July 2 39 minutes ago, FTR2020 said: I just think it would be good to have a realistic gimmick of someone who suffers with depression. A lot of people could understand and see a bit of themselves in his gimmick. They've done that with Hangman Adam Page - twice! Quote
DavidB6937 Posted July 2 Posted July 2 20 minutes ago, LaGoosh said: They've done that with Hangman Adam Page - twice! Yeah and people would take it a lot more seriously than the way Lio acts. There's no way you can attach a genuine mental health examination story to that character. Quote
Awards Moderator HarmonicGenerator Posted July 2 Awards Moderator Posted July 2 2 hours ago, LaGoosh said: They should definitely not do that. I think I'd just like the gimmick to have a bit more explanation. At the moment he's just a vague "weird" guy. Is he possessed? Has he had a nervous breakdown? Does he think he is an ancient Lovecraftian cosmic entity? I think establishing a few things would help me get into it a bit more. Cold open to an episode of Collision where Cru were fishing together, Action Andretti spots a Dynamite Diamond Ring in the river, Lio demands it because it’s his birthday… the rest writes itself. Quote
The King Of Swing Posted July 2 Posted July 2 23 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: Yeah and people would take it a lot more seriously than the way Lio acts. There's no way you can attach a genuine mental health examination story to that character. Agreed. Lio's gimmick is way too silly, to try and make something serious out of it. Just let the fun midcard act, be a fun midcard act. Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted July 2 Paid Members Posted July 2 He’s a weird little freak, but he loves to have FUN. Quote
FTR2020 Posted July 2 Posted July 2 7 hours ago, LaGoosh said: They've done that with Hangman Adam Page - twice! It is different to the Hangman gimmick. Anyone in here who has suffered with really bad depression or no someone who has had that will understand what I mean. Hangman's gimmick was a millenial who used alcohol to deal with life. Lio Rush would be someone who finds it hard to distinguish what is a real and not real. Quote
Snitsky's back acne Posted July 2 Posted July 2 3 minutes ago, FTR2020 said: It is different to the Hangman gimmick. Anyone in here who has suffered with really bad depression or no someone who has had that will understand what I mean. I can only speak for myself, but as someone who has suffered with really bad depression my entire adult life the last thing I want from wrestling is to have depression turned into a gimmick or an angle. The reason I have always loved wrestling is that is it escapist entertainment. Let the documentaries and dramas cover the real world stuff. Yes, there have been gimmicks that have undertones of depression (Raven in ECW for one) but I honestly could not think of a worse outlet for depression to be explored than pro wrestling. Just my opinion. Quote
FTR2020 Posted July 2 Posted July 2 Just now, Snitsky's back acne said: I can only speak for myself, but as someone who has suffered with really bad depression my entire adult life the last thing I want from wrestling is to have depression turned into a gimmick or an angle. The reason I have always loved wrestling is that is it escapist entertainment. Let the documentaries and dramas cover the real world stuff. Yes, there have been gimmicks that have undertones of depression (Raven in ECW for one) but I honestly could not think of a worse outlet for depression to be explored than pro wrestling. Just my opinion. Yeah that is fair enough. Wrestling helped me a lot with my mental health issues so I get it. I just thought it might be good to have a gimmick that represents people like that in wrestling to maybe help them think that they aint the only one who suffers with depression etc. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.