westlondonmist Posted June 19 Posted June 19 On 6/11/2026 at 10:37 AM, The King of Old School said: I think a better stipulation is that if Briscoe's team win then all the members of that side get a title shot in July on Dynamite/Collision before the next PPV. The caveat for the heels is obviously a big pay day from MJF. I'm not sure how it's going to go, and I'm still not 100 convinced it's going to happen but Omega has to be taking the belt at Redemption next month to face Ospreay at Wembley hasn't he?! Yeah I don't really see what's in it for the good guys, except Briscoe. Why are they putting their body on the line? Quote
Paid Members BomberPat Posted June 19 Paid Members Posted June 19 it's a very weird set-up. The story is that if Mark Briscoe's team wins, Briscoe gets a title shot, but if MJF's team wins, he's promised a title shot to Kevin Knight, so he's defending his belt against somebody he's already lost to either way! In terms of why people would side with Briscoe, I think they've done a decent enough job with that - Orange Cassidy, Roderick Strong, and Kyle O'Reilly are Briscoe's mates and want him to get the title shot, Takeshita wants to get his hands on Kyle Fletcher and Okada, and Darby Allin wants to get revenge on MJF and Kevin Knight. They all have a reason to be there. But it's very weird that last week the story was "nobody likes MJF, how could he possibly find people to team with him?", yet this week the story was that Mark Briscoe, the most well-loved man on the roster, with loads of mate, would struggle to find partners to help him fight the people everybody hates. Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted June 19 Paid Members Posted June 19 Imagine having friends who'd go to war for you? Fucking weird company. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 19 Paid Members Posted June 19 (edited) 4 hours ago, westlondonmist said: Yeah I don't really see what's in it for the good guys Because they're good guys and they are 1) supporting their friend and 2) want to fight the bad guys. Wrestling can be simple sometimes. Edited June 19 by LaGoosh Quote
The King Of Swing Posted June 20 Posted June 20 Thekla doing more to get me excited for Forbidden Door, than anyone else. Quote
Paid Members Kamran Posted June 28 Author Paid Members Posted June 28 The Buy In begins at midnight with the main start starting from 1am: Quote
The King of Old School Posted June 29 Posted June 29 Dare I ask how long this show ran for? They seemed to hit a sweet spot with DON that just felt nice. Only seen a few clips but the Ospreay/Swerve match seems to be getting a lot of love. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted June 29 Paid Members Posted June 29 I lost track of time but I think it finished around 6am so 6 hour including the Pre show buy in. Quote
The King of Old School Posted June 29 Posted June 29 4 minutes ago, I Bent My Wookie said: I lost track of time but I think it finished around 6am so 6 hour including the Pre show buy in. Just completely unnecessary isn't it. Fair play to the crowd still being up for that main event, shows you how good both guys are that they were still invested after that length of show. Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted June 29 Paid Members Posted June 29 As a UK fan, its killing me. But if I was in the US I don't think I'd mind. Arena wise the main show kicked off at 5pm, so I guess crowds in from 3, main event finished just after 10. If I was at a gig I'd get there about 7pm to leave for curfew usually around half 10/11pm and there's very little downtime during that time to get a drink, see merch etc. From a PPV standpoint you're paying for a full event, put in the analysis, interviews, entrances and packages and there's value for money there that make it outshine a normal 3 hour Dynamite. There didn't feel a match last night that could be any better off being bumped to Dynamite Wednesday, everything felt like it had a point in the grander scheme. But yeah from a UK point of view I'm shattered. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted June 29 Paid Members Posted June 29 I've found that with the PPVs I usually watch them over a few days, watch the matches I'm most interested in first then catch up with the rest when I can. Quote
thatvinylgeek Posted June 29 Posted June 29 As much as a love Ospreay. That bane cosplay was horrendous! Quote
WyattSheepMask Posted June 29 Posted June 29 15 minutes ago, thatvinylgeek said: As much as a love Ospreay. That bane cosplay was horrendous! Sounding like Simon Moon obviously wasn’t silly enough, had to knock it up a notch for the PPV. A shade under 5hrs lads, absolutely ridiculous. I’m looking forward to going to watch All In, but it’s going to be a hell of a long day Quote
Paid Members I Bent My Wookie Posted June 29 Paid Members Posted June 29 23 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said: Sounding like Simon Moon obviously wasn’t silly enough, had to knock it up a notch for the PPV. A shade under 5hrs lads, absolutely ridiculous. I’m looking forward to going to watch All In, but it’s going to be a hell of a long day Wembley has air con right? Based off current weather 5 hours may be a lovely afternoon for you. Quote
thatvinylgeek Posted June 29 Posted June 29 They annoyed me lots again (I really shouldn't be so literal), but they keep harping on about it it will be HUGE for Ospreay to go to Wembley and challenge for a title. They def didn't mentioned the word "World" a few times, just a title. He already has, not only has he challenged for one, he bloody won the match. As I say it is def me, but I am very literal so this irks me, surely I can't be the only one? Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.