Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted
14 minutes ago, King Mal the Glorious said:

I'm fairly sure the crowd were chanting "boring" at a point during the press conference which I don't think I've ever heard at an AEW show.

I may be wrong, but I’m pretty sure they were chanting ‘bullshit’ - presumably because the segment wasn’t taking place in front of the live audience.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Kamran said:

Although I did find Hangman's response to the question about who he is if he doesn't win the title interesting. He's clearly flustered, almost angry and it does feel like they're hinting back to his more unstable side.

Yeah this was a good moment. Great acting by Page. The only highlight of an abysmal segment. Like most things in wrestling that aren't the standard rinse and repeat in-ring segments it was a nice idea in theory but they put so little effort into making it unique or interesting that it came across as cheap and shit. Standard practice for modern day wrestling promotions.

Decent episode generally. AEW currently is a show I enjoy and am happy enough to follow along but I'm not hugely invested. The things that I used to get annoyed about and was desperate for them to fix I've now given up that they ever will or will ever meet their full potential so I'm just taking it for what it is.

Like @RedTwoster I too am pretty bored by Mark Briscoe. He's great and has huge upside but he seems to have levelled out and hasn't found the higher gear he needs in my opinion. Now it's just the same old same old.

AEW was really smart with their signings in 2025. In 2026 definitely less so. The Rascals are just more flipping skinny high spot guys which they already have loads of. And now they've got The Dogs who are giving strong miserable, dull early Deathriders vibes. Gabe Kidd is a silly little man - back to Wetherspoons and the betting shop with you! Finlay hasn't impressed me. His physique is fucking weird. Like a giant toddler. Clark Connors is the only one who seems to have a bit of potential as a sleazy dirtbag heel. Not a fan of them at all. I'm happy to leave NXT Black and Gold in the past but I don't think Tony Khan is. Ciampa may be talented but he has that NXT/WWE stink on him that I could really do without in AEW.

Fletcher/Speedball was obviously great. I really hope Fletcher patches the few holes left in his game because he definitely has the potential to be their top heel for the next few years but he's just missing a few pieces that he needs to get him there. He's so close!

Nice having a break from Excalibur for an episode. On the commentary side I heard Veda Scott doing commentary on CMLL the other day - she's decent, they should bring her in. Freshen things up!

Booking a big babyface angle for Roderick Strong is incredibly baffling. I can't even begin with that.

Everything Willow/Persephone was brilliant. Persephone is really good and I hope she becomes a main player on the womens side. Willow is so great at the little things - her huge smile after winning with the flash pin was perfect. I would take away about 30-40% of the mens stuff across the board and give it to the womens division. Huge untapped potential.

Anyone who doesn't like Hechicero needs a slap. He's does wacky submissions, He throws a really decent punch. He does that weird thing with his hands. What's not to like?

I'm not big on the Swerve heel turn but the stuff with Brody King was a decent bit of business. King came out of it looking like a beast but I didn't really buy Swerve trying to run away. 

I think they've done an alright job building up the PPV. Well, until they kept announcing more and more matches. 9 matches was too many and now they've announced TEN! Can you really not save The Dogs vs Strong/Darby/Cassidy for Collision or Dynamite next week? Special mention to actually getting me halfway interested in FTR vs the Young Bucks. Unlike the other matches which felt closer to exhibitions they've done a solid job of making this feel more personal and intense. Hope we see a more violent, scrappy match out of them this time round.

The visual style/production of AEW TV is so goddamn boring. They really need to bring someone in to freshen it up, make it unique to them and consistent. Someone with an actual coherent and original artistic vision not just some twat who makes everything look like 2010 WWE like every other fucking wrestling show.

Edited by LaGoosh
Gabe Kidd is a twat.
  • Paid Members
Posted

Swerve costs Hangman the Title at Revolution. Hangman costs Swerve the finals of The Owen Tournament. They settle it at Wembley, in an Exploding Bard Wire Black Cab Red Phone box Deathmatch.

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Swerve costs Hangman the Title at Revolution. Hangman costs Swerve the finals of The Owen Tournament. They settle it at Wembley, in an Exploding Bard Wire Black Cab Red Phone box Deathmatch.

Poor Shakespeare. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

Might be completely irrelevant to anyone here, but might save someone a few quid. I've just realised that if you've signed up to DAZN Ultimate Package for all the Boxing PPV's this year, the Wrestling PPV's are chucked in as well. Revolution is showing up as "Purchased" on my app.

Dunno if it'll be a regular thing.

Posted

Another heads up for anybody thinking of switching from Triller to MyAEW.

I went on last night to try and find the Danielson/Omega match from the fist Dynamite: Grand Slam, only to find that the Dynamite & Collision archives currently only go back to the beginning of 2025, whereas Triller still has the entire run of both shows 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, WyattSheepMask said:

Another heads up for anybody thinking of switching from Triller to MyAEW.

I went on last night to try and find the Danielson/Omega match from the fist Dynamite: Grand Slam, only to find that the Dynamite & Collision archives currently only go back to the beginning of 2025, whereas Triller still has the entire run of both shows 

Could be a licensing thing. Triller may have the rights until the agreement ends. The original agreement was signed in April. I know it’s been re-signed since 2019 so I’m not sure when the next cycle is up, but could be next month.

Also heard someone say you can only watch one stream at a time. Triller allows I think 2 co-current streams. That will make sharing a pain if it’s true.

Posted

I have just worked out that if I pause the show and then hold down the remote I can scroll back and forward on the timeline and the picture jumps to where I want it. So long as I keep pressure down on the remote with my thumb.

If I don't keep the button held down and scroll, rather I just rub my thumb in the direction I want (forward or back), the timeline icon moves, but the picture doesn't shift, it just keeps playing from where I paused it.

That's not how any of my other apps work, but at least there's a way to skip on Apple TV.

  • Paid Members
Posted

Andrade’s ‘women really like me’ gimmick has gotten old, fast. They had an opportunity to position him as a main event wrestler when he rejoined, and at first that seemed to be working. This being the main thing about him really defines him down. 

AEW is getting bad at not following up story points, in a way WWE was in the McMahon era. Who gave Mina Shirikawa flowers? and Caster/Bowens is the latest example of that. Even if Caster is leaving or injured, have Bowens address what they were doing rather than clean ignore it. 

From a storyline perspective they have shat the bed to the point they need a new one - in other words, I think they need to freshen up their creative team.

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

Who gave Mina Shirikawa flowers

Oh shit, I completely forgot about that!

But I guess they did too.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...