FA Carling Premiership and Milk Cup thread 2024/25

I'm so proud of our players on Sunday. It wasnt enough to get the three points in the end, unfortunately but 11 vs 11 we were beating them on their own pitch at the 45 minute mark. The sending off completely changed the game and going by the letter of the law he had to go, I wish the same referee in charge of our game at the Emirates last season used that same mentality when Kovacic should have been sent off in the first half of the game and he didn't do it because "he didn't want to ruin the game now this sending off is the 'letter of the law" 

Haaland should be done for throwing the ball at back of Gabriel's head or from now on, everyone can pick the ball up and throw it at someone no matter what and get away with it. 

We just need to find a way to beat these, most miserable, whiniest team I can remember in a long time.

• Paid Members
29 minutes ago, Gooner said:

I'm so proud of our players on Sunday. It wasnt enough to get the three points in the end, unfortunately but 11 vs 11 we were beating them on their own pitch at the 45 minute mark. The sending off completely changed the game and going by the letter of the law he had to go, I wish the same referee in charge of our game at the Emirates last season used that same mentality when Kovacic should have been sent off in the first half of the game and he didn't do it because "he didn't want to ruin the game now this sending off is the 'letter of the law" 

Haaland should be done for throwing the ball at back of Gabriel's head or from now on, everyone can pick the ball up and throw it at someone no matter what and get away with it. 

We just need to find a way to beat these, most miserable, whiniest team I can remember in a long time.

• Paid Members
11 hours ago, Gooner said:

Even as an Arsenal fan I have to disagree. We can't be all for Ben White shithousing every keeper going and not be able to accept that in return. Football needs more shithousery. 

I'd have taken a point beforehand, and would have bitten your hand off for it at half time, so happy enough with that, after a couple of days to be a bit annoyed, naturally. 

Edited by mim731

4 hours ago, mim731 said:

Even as an Arsenal fan I have to disagree. We can't be all for Ben White shithousing every keeper going and not be able to accept that in return. Football needs more shithousery. 

I'd have taken a point beforehand, and would have bitten your hand off for it at half time, so happy enough with that, after a couple of days to be a bit annoyed, naturally. 

White does what he does in front of everybody, there's no hiding it. Retrieving the ball to pretend you want to get the restart going quicker and throwing it at the back of someone's head who has no idea is a coward move. I'm not saying he should have got sent off, but the fact he got away with it and we had a men sent off for kicking the football a slight second after the whistle doesn't sit well with me. 

I'll take the point as well with everything that happened.

Hopefully Man City get their season null and voided and any team that has taken points from them has them taken away too, in the interest of fairness of course.

Edit. And those cheating bastards Forest.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, Mr_Danger said:

Hopefully Man City get their season null and voided .

As fun as that would be. . . Do we really see them getting more than a slap on the wrist?

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

As fun as that would be. . . Do we really see them getting more than a slap on the wrist?

An "unprecedented fine" I reckon. Which they'll pay off from what's down the back of the sofa. 

1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

Relegated at least one division. Then on appeal a big fine and a points deduction that doesn't relegate them. 

Shades of the scandal in Italy which came to a head in 2006. I remember a fake headline from an Italian satirical site at the time which basically said "Calciopoli latest: Juventus reinstated to Serie A with 10-point headstart".