When wrestlers show up on other telly!

air_raid

• Paid Members

…. Not acting, obviously. There’s tons of that. *

So, fiancée raid leaves this channel running in the background when she’s multitasking that is constant re-runs of Bridezillas - not my bag, I don’t find people being appalling pieces of shit particularly interesting. Tonight, I overhear a hapless groom say he works for a “sports entertainment company” which clearly narrows the field down to one, and sure enough when I look up, it’s WWE ref Brian Nguyen. Remarkably even though she was a total thundercunt, Mrs Ref still managed to pull off being the second shittiest human being on this instalment after some inbred called Tabby from Ohio.

What are some of your favourites? I loved when Tanahashi showed up on Ninja Warrior wearing the IWGP belt because of course you would.

* Don’t make me Meltzer you.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Damien Sandow cropping up in this popped me I'll admit.

Edit: I completely misread that acting bit due to not having glasses on. I'm leaving it though.

Edited by SuperBacon
YOU SURE ABOUT THAT?

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, air_raid said:

What are some of your favourites? I loved when Tanahashi showed up on Ninja Warrior wearing the IWGP belt because of course you would.

Kota Ibushi has been on Ninja Warrior too, and I think Great Sasuke was.

NJPW lads showing up on Takeshi's Castle - both the original and the reboot - is great fun.

Best Friends on The Floor Is Lava was a laugh.

Absolute pinnacles are Jim Duggan and Kendo Nagasaki on Gamesmaster, surely?

It was always incredibly surreal in the mid 90s when wrestlers would turn up in character on Saturday morning kids TV.

I can't remember that clearly, but didn't Nash and Hall turn up on Live and Kicking with Gordon the Gofer or some such?

7 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

It was always incredibly surreal in the mid 90s when wrestlers would turn up in character on Saturday morning kids TV.

I can't remember that clearly, but didn't Nash and Hall turn up on Live and Kicking with Gordon the Gofer or some such?

Hall was wankered, he even gave the female presenter a pat on the arse. 

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, Supremo said:

I think Bret was on The Simpsons once.

It's a really jarring appearance for me. From the accent he affected and using the phrase "pencil-necked geek" which he clearly thought he was just playing "a wrestler" but the estate agent refers to him as "Mr Hitman" and he's drawn as himself. Never jived with me. Even though he is a jam up guy.

19 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Hall was wankered, he even gave the female presenter a pat on the arse. 

I popped when they cut back from cookie-eyed Emma Bunton to Hall and Blobby dancing together.

All the stars.

That said, there's something uniquely pre-2005 about the way the presenter slapped him after he patted her arse. Done in that way of 'I want to register my dissatisfaction but also come across like it's all fine and a joke because the culture still hasn't recognised this as inappropriate.' Minus one star.

• Paid Members

Chris Hero is in an episode of Border Security: Australia (or whatever it's called). He gets pulled out and questioned about something. I don't believe he is cavity searched. 

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, air_raid said:

It's a really jarring appearance for me. From the accent he affected and using the phrase "pencil-necked geek" which he clearly thought he was just playing "a wrestler" but the estate agent refers to him as "Mr Hitman" and he's drawn as himself. Never jived with me. Even though he is a jam up guy.

If nothing else, it’ll always be worth it just for Meltzer and Alvarez getting completely whooshed. Hilariously trying to give a legitimate answer when asked if Bret ever sold his mansion back to Mr. Burns.

Streets won’t forget.

13 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

The real match made in heaven

Imagine making Lily Savage look understated.

There's something so jarring about the wrestlers of that era being put out of place. You don't realise quite how ridiculous they are until you place them in a more normal environment. Look at Randy, for Christ sake.

• Members

Is YouTube telly?

Anyway, big Dave pops up in this* and it's really lovely. 

*third time I've posted this video on here. I'm not on Mr Beasts payroll I can assure you.

Have another Dave and dogs video for good measure.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Edit: I completely misread that acting bit due to not having glasses on. I'm leaving it though.

Forgiven for a late catch ; you will not be Meltzered.

16 minutes ago, simonworden said:

We can't mention Big Dave and not mention his best ever showbiz role surely?

https://youtu.be/d6Ob1ckD12o?si=WXYXxl-wdT3l9d4b

11 hours ago, air_raid said:

…. Not acting, obviously. There’s tons of that. *

..... Reading would be your friend.