Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Not sure I can put into words how much I hate Wes Streeting. Weasel-faced toadying lackey. That kid at school who did his homework before everyone else and then spent the week mentioning whenever he could, only to get a C-. 

If you really want your piss boiled, try listening to his recent interview on the Leading podcast.

I took a few goes at it but couldn't do it. He really tries to talk up his East London gangster, criminal underworld bonafide's and its horrible.

Whilst I'm sure his back story is genuine to a point, he's definitely edited bits and added elements as every story point seems perfectly crafted for a 2024 Labour candidate.

"Ey up guv'na, me ol' Grandad went to prison for armed robbery so he did, but he was secretly anti violence and a bit of a Robin Hood character."

"Alright sunshine, my other Grandad, proper dyed in the wool Tory he was. Loved his Queen and Country. But he was also very compassionate and in his later years realised a vote for Labour was okay."

Just fuck off mate, with your crafted-in-a-lab New Labour personality.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

5 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

He already gave off that vibe when he was President of the NUS. It was obvious then he refused to go too hard on Blair over top-up fees and Iraq because he was eyeing up a top job in a future centrist Labour government.

And now he'll be the minister who gets to oversee the final abandonment of the principle of healthcare free at the point of need.

• Members
37 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

If you really want your piss boiled, try listening to his recent interview on the Leading podcast.

I took a few goes at it but couldn't do it. He really tries to talk up his East London gangster, criminal underworld bonafide's and its horrible.

Whilst I'm sure his back story is genuine to a point, he's definitely edited bits and added elements as every story point seems perfectly crafted for a 2024 Labour candidate.

"Ey up guv'na, me ol' Grandad went to prison for armed robbery so he did, but he was secretly anti violence and a bit of a Robin Hood character."

"Alright sunshine, my other Grandad, proper dyed in the wool Tory he was. Loved his Queen and Country. But he was also very compassionate and in his later years realised a vote for Labour was okay."

Sorry, are you talking about the same Wes Streeting? East London gangster? Haha, what???

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Sorry, are you talking about the same Wes Streeting? East London gangster? Haha, what???

Yeah.

His grandad was an armed robber apparently, but also a super cool guy.

An associate of The Kray's apparently: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10928719/Wes-Streetings-grandfather-robber-hung-Krays-writes-RICHARD-PENDLEBURY.html

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

4 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Wonderful.

As good as it is, it would be remiss of me not to point out it's series 2 DiBiase. Let's not lose track of what's really important here.

1 hour ago, Fog Dude said:

They only changed the rules on that in 2006 though.

That is absolutely nuts!  I suppose that the 101 on becoming a career politician. The longer the loop hole was open, the longer it was in their interest 

• Paid Members

Here's a fun & insane stat - Bromley FC, newly promoted to League 2, are the one and only football club among the 92 league clubs to be based in a Conservative constituency. 

Just noticed one of Starmer's cabinet appointments isn't an MP (and didn't even stand for a seat yesterday) so will be put in the Lords instead. So much for democratising the upper house. Start as you mean to go on eh, Keir? 

The constituency where I grew up is the only one in all of Avon and Somerset to have stayed blue. I'm due to visit again next month but that's got me wondering if I can get a refund on the train ticket. 

• Paid Members

Is it the one who's got the position of "leader of the house of Lords"? 

48 minutes ago, Jazzy G said:

Is it the one who's got the position of "leader of the house of Lords"? 

No, she was already in the Lords and her nomination was widely expected.

It's the Attorney-General, the position shadowed by Emily Thornberry for the past few years. You know, the same Emily Thornberry who was safely returned again as MP for Islington South. But perhaps she didn't shun Corbyn harshly enough during the Islington North count for Starmer's liking.

• Paid Members

Crikey. I was unaware of that.