Billy Jack Haynes murders his wife

The Reverend

Although not formally named as yet, the buzz on social media is that the shooter in this tragic story overnight is none other than former wrestler Billy Jack Haynes: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.koin.com/news/portland/shelter-in-place-in-lents-neighborhood-during-shooting-investigation/amp/

Not surprising unfortunately due to Billy Jack having become more and more volatile in the last few years.

Edited by The Reverend

• The Reverend changed the title to Billy Jack Haynes murders his wife
3 hours ago, The Reverend said:

Although not formally named as yet, the buzz on social media is that the shooter in this tragic story overnight is none other than former wrestler Billy Jack Haynes: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.koin.com/news/portland/shelter-in-place-in-lents-neighborhood-during-shooting-investigation/amp/

Not surprising unfortunately due to Billy Jack having become more and more volatile in the last few years.

Link not accessible over here in the UK, Reverend.  I can't find any other sources at the moment for this.

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, Browser Brady said:

Didn’t he claim to be a witness to some shady stuff involving Bill Clinton ?

Yes, and it's the most obvious bullshit you can wish to hear. 

• Paid Members

He also believed that Chris Benoit was set up, because Daniel was actually Vince's son, and they had the family killed to cover all of that up, and that's barely scratching the surface. I honestly think he's a paranoid schizophrenic who was taken advantage of by the shoot interview mob.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Browser Brady said:

Didn’t he claim to be a witness to some shady stuff involving Bill Clinton ?

He’s claimed to have witnessed, and tried to attach himself to a bunch of murders and high profile crimes over the years. I went down the rabbit hole on one of the stories a few years ago during lockdown. There was a case in Arkansas in 1987 where 2 teenage boys were murdered and left on train tracks. There’s been a load of theories about corruption involving the Arkansas police and right up to Clinton himself being involved. Some of it seems plausible, some of it veers a bit into conspiracy theory territory. But regardless it’s a tragic case. Billy Jack tried to inject himself into the story, going as far as to say he was on the tracks that night and even had video or something. At one point he even wormed his way in and briefly convinced one of the dead kid’s mother that he had legitimate information, after she’d been desperate for answers for decades. Clearly a load of bollocks and she saw sense and cut him off eventually.

This guy on YouTube has done a ton of research on the case, to the point he became close friends with some of the victims’ family members, he has a series of videos going into detail on it and in this one he completely debunks and rips apart Billy Jack’s claims…

As for this latest news, absolutely horrific but sadly not massively surprising given who we’re talking about. If there’s anything surprising about it, it’s that it’s taken this long for something like this to happen. Feels like he’s been a ticking time bomb forever. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
17 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

He’s claimed to have witnessed, and tried to attach himself to a bunch of murders and high profile crimes over the years.

This is one of the reasons I think he might be schizophrenic rather than just a conspiracy theorist - I've known a few, and those who went down the conspiracy rabbit hole often did so with full conviction that they were personally being targeted or otherwise implicated in it all.

On top of that Arkansas is rife with Clinton conspiracies, that would definitely have indulged the worst of that, and then shoot interviewers played him for laughs and encouraged him and egged him on.

• Paid Members
On 2/9/2024 at 8:01 PM, Browser Brady said:

I remember watching wrestlemania 3 in the mid 90’s and wondering why i have never heard more of from Billy Jack Haynes……i just assumed he was a huge star …

He could have been. He got a bit lost in the shuffle. He was a big star in Oregon and it went to his head a bit. Imagine, in going back to recover what I’d said about his eventual release in January 88, I even found some elaboration from wand…

On 2/12/2022 at 12:59 PM, wandshogun09 said:

August 87 is when Billy Jack claims he was involved with those two teenage boys being killed and left on the train tracks in Arkansas. Despite wrestling Bundy in Detroit just 2 days earlier.

On 2/14/2022 at 2:50 PM, air_raid said:

Januarys huge as the build is on to The Main Event, we have the first televised Royal Rumble at which the Jumping Bomb Angels will finally wrest the womens tag belts from the Glamour Girls, Honky vs Macho Man will carry on drawing huge amounts of dollar, and Paul Orndorff and Billy Jack Haynes will finish up.

…Hacksaw and Ken Patera beating Demolition & Mr Fuji in handicap matches, and battles royal won by the Million Dollar Man. Billy Jack Haynes was advertised for Duggan/Pateras team but he’s quit the company before the loop after learning that he and Patera where going to lose to Demolition on 28th in Portland, his hometown, leaving Ken to tag with subs or wrestle singles with Ax or Smash 24th through 30th. I’m sure he didn’t regret that over the next 8 years working indies save a cup of coffee as Black Blood in WCW.

• Paid Members

Yeah he definitely could’ve been a bigger deal than he was. He’d have never been ‘the guy’ obviously back then given who was around but he had an intensity, a good look and at times I thought he legitimately had one of the best physiques in wrestling. Even by roidy 80s standards.

IMG_6571.thumb.jpeg.6098f48344aa87132da9e1ffbc9eb1d4.jpeg

IMG_6570.jpeg.30a90984b0faa58f673175b93d8649c1.jpeg

Timing-wise though, obviously the best he could’ve hoped for in the WWF would’ve been second top babyface behind Hogan. And depending on which side of the babyface/heel divide Savage was on at the time, or when Warrior got big, he’d have been third or fourth at best anyway just because those guys were more charismatic/larger than life characters. He definitely could’ve got a lot more out of his career though. 

On 2/9/2024 at 7:20 PM, IANdrewDiceClay said:

I dont think he was ever there. He was apparently like this when he got into it.

This is the thing. The wrestlers used to call him 'Billy Whack' because he was off his head. He had a bad temper and was clearly gassed to the fucking gills, so would often fly off the handle backstage. 

Didn't help that the other wrestlers used to rib him and set him off. He was, by all accounts, a dangerous man.

Billy Jack has clearly battled with some serious mental illness issues in recent times. According to neighbours, he adored his wife and always looked after her as she had dementia. I wonder if him shooting her wasn't due to a domestic dispute, but a 'mercy killing' or something. It just all seems so odd. He had apparently discharged himself from hospital after a fall on Tuesday, despite needing further medical attention, so he could be back at home with her and make sure she was alright. 

In any event, it's a sad situation. Oh, and shame on those who gave him a platform to push his conspiracy nonsense and played up his unhinged behaviour for laughs, too.