Shocking, Surprising, Unlikely

Weezenal

• Paid Members

Roman Reigns Vs The Rock in Perth, Scotland,

Ric Flair doesn't betray Sting.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, IronSheik said:

I'd fucking love to see Corny appearing in AEW. It would pop and enrage the hard core wrestling fan demographic.

I’d like to see that as much as I’d like to see Donald Trump to appear on AEW television. 

S,S,U:

-Best Friends to win the trios titles.

-CM Punk to headline night 1 of Mania vs LA Knight

-CM Punk to not cause any drama in WWE

11 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

-Best Friends to win the trios titles.

You know I think you’re great Hannibal, but if we’re at the point where this is being touted as the next ‘Austin/Rock/Punk returns’ level moment, we should probably all quit watching wrestling now.

12 hours ago, IronSheik said:

I'd fucking love to see Corny appearing in AEW. It would pop and enrage the hard core wrestling fan demographic.

I wonder if Tony Khan would view the allegations of impropriety made against Cornette as more of a positive than he would the fact Cornette is an extreme critic of his as a negative? 

It must be quite the conundrum for him. 

On 1/5/2024 at 12:47 PM, SuperBacon said:

Boss Man winning the Rumble.

Not at all, we know it's his year.

Mox getting a holiday is perhaps beyond even this. Maybe a day trip to Brighton around All In?

Cornette working with any "major" company - Could he have another NWA run, or some WWE legend deal. If they persuaded Precious Paul back, is the door open to more?

I'm not sure what Cornette would offer a major company. It's not like you can ever trust him to do commentary again. And while I certainly think AEW could do with a negative nelly every now and then, he's not it. 

John Cena appearing on an AEW show. It's obviously extremely unlikely, but given his relationship with WBD, if a mad set of circumstances occurred that led to him leaving WWE; I don't think it's completely out of the question - even if it was just to promote Peacemaker or a movie. 

I suppose you could broaden that further, to a genuine WWE megastar appearing on AEW TV - someone like Austin, 'Mark Calloway', Batista or The Rock. 

From a WWE perspective, I'm not sure what is left. You could say MJF, Omega or The Bucks appearing on WWE television, and while it would be shocking in the moment, it doesn't seem unlikely - at least, not in MJF's case. 

The most shocking thing they could probably do at this point is to purchase AEW, or launch some kind of working relationship with them allowing for talent exchanges. If WWE and AEW ended up on the same network, or on networks owned by the same company maybe something like this could happen. Again though, it's obviously not likely. 

4 hours ago, RedRooster said:

From a WWE perspective, I'm not sure what is left. You could say MJF, Omega or The Bucks appearing on WWE television, and while it would be shocking in the moment, it doesn't seem unlikely - at least, not in MJF's case.

Most people have said the usual WWE figureheads turning up in AEW. Don't think anyone has mentioned Tony Khan turning up in WWE one day.

• Paid Members

Another one which could fall into any of the categories is where the two big shows end up. USA are very unlikely not to keep Raw now they have the rights to Smackdown. Talks of everyone from Amazon, Disney+, FX Networks and Warner Bros Discovery currently custodians of AEW programming. And AEW's current deal is up this year as well. Could the unthinkable happen where WBD gets the rights to Raw? Would this mean the end for AEW, or would they instead be moved to TBS and Raw is exclusively on TNT? What if they want to move Monday Night Raw from Monday nights? They have been candid in saying they aren't precious on Raw on being on a Monday night anymore. And what if WWE will only agree to the WBD if AEW isn't featured at all in their family? For the cost of AEW it is a steal in comparison to what WWE costs, but the ratings are a good 500k less than Raw. Who takes a punt on them? Would AEW sanitize the product if a network was interested? It's going to be an interesting 12 months for the future of these shows.

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, Vamp said:

I'm not sure what Cornette would offer a major company.

I'm not sure what he offers a minor company. The daft old cunt seems happy sitting at home complaining to his incel fanbase, he's not arsed about not working for a company anymore.

40 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Most people have said the usual WWE figureheads turning up in AEW. Don't think anyone has mentioned Tony Khan turning up in WWE one day.

Can’t see it, mainly because it means working for someone else in someone else’s company. Unless his dad buys him the whole shebang. 

45 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

Can’t see it, mainly because it means working for someone else in someone else’s company. Unless his dad buys him the whole shebang. 

That's actually not a bad shout at all for this thread. It's unlikely - but not impossible. He has the money to do so, and if TKO ended up in financial trouble or WWE wasn't making them as much money as expected, Tony Khan would salivate at the opportunity to buy the company. 

It's probably even more likely if things go tits up with AEW - not necessarily through financial issues, but perhaps it struggles to find a network, or is forced to downsize to accommodate decreased demand/being on a smaller TV network. WWE becoming available again would effectively allow him to buy a larger audience, and a major TV contract once again. 

33 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

That's actually not a bad shout at all for this thread. It's unlikely - but not impossible. He has the money to do so, and if TKO ended up in financial trouble or WWE wasn't making them as much money as expected, Tony Khan would salivate at the opportunity to buy the company. 

It's probably even more likely if things go tits up with AEW - not necessarily through financial issues, but perhaps it struggles to find a network, or is forced to downsize to accommodate decreased demand/being on a smaller TV network. WWE becoming available again would effectively allow him to buy a larger audience, and a major TV contract once again. 

Whilst Lil Sniff would love that, it’s Big Daddy Shaddy who holds the purse strings. Doubt he’d buy him a bigger train set because his smaller one broke. But as you say, these are the scenarios that this thread is all about.