Paid Members JLM Posted September 17, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2024 The Outrunners are meeting with Silver Vision execs as we speak to corner the home video market. Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted September 17, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2024 5 minutes ago, Supremo said: The Outrunners appear on Dynamite once. AEW becomes one of the most successful professional wrestling promotions of all time. What next for the youngest men alive? I can't fucking wait for the "Turbo, you SON OF A BITCH!" double elbow drop to get the same response as "D'VON, GET THE TABLES!". If they can keep it going til the next Wembley show that'll blow the roof off the building (yes I know Wembley doesn't have a roof). Quote
Paid Members TheBurningRed Posted September 17, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2024 16 hours ago, Supremo said: I can forgive all the potholes, just for the way he delivers, “FRAGILE COUNTDOWN!” Hater of the year. Couldn’t take my eyes of that Just For Men job he’s had done. Quote
Paid Members GlennCullen Posted September 17, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2024 3 hours ago, LaGoosh said: I can't fucking wait for the "Turbo, you SON OF A BITCH!" double elbow drop to get the same response as "D'VON, GET THE TABLES!". If they can keep it going til the next Wembley show that'll blow the roof off the building (yes I know Wembley doesn't have a roof). It did that night. Quote
HobowithaShotgun Posted September 17, 2024 Posted September 17, 2024 Wonder will Nigel bust out the spiked hair for it. Quote
Paid Members JLM Posted September 17, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 17, 2024 If he’s dyed it black purely so he can frost the tips then he is truly an elite worker. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted September 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 19, 2024 (edited) Another enjoyable Dynamite, although I’d love to see them put more thought into how they order a show. Kicking things off with a 20-minute Jericho match in 2024 is a bold move. I just skipped through it, but it doesn't exactly scream ‘unmissable show!’ to anyone watching - start off with the Hangman/Jarrett segment or Moxley and you’re on to a winner. Or maybe end the match quickly - have Orange hit an Orange punch almost immediately, grabbing the pin - doing something you just wouldn’t expect. I like a lot of what they’re doing right now, but they’ve never quite nailed their show order. It’s a shame to see them draw under 3,000 to a venue capable of holding much more - but I do think simple changes would make shows like this one feel red hot. Although I’d like them to blast the tripod titles off to the sun, I love what they’re doing with Yuta. It’s really different, and it’s a story you couldn’t tell quite as well with tag titles. The reluctant partner story has been done multiple times, but not in a format where it’s essentially 2 against 1. I’m really enjoying Moxley’s heel character, although I wish the fans would just boo him and give him the reaction he’s going for. I don’t normally care about that kind of thing, but Moxley as a mega heel feels fresh and exciting…I don’t want them to feel tempted to present him as a tweener, or use him as a babyface character prematurely. Edited September 19, 2024 by RedTwoster Autocorrect fucked me over… Quote
DavidB6937 Posted September 19, 2024 Author Posted September 19, 2024 55 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: I don’t want them to feel tempted to present him as a tweeter If he goes full Elon Musk and does an entrance in a Tesla and then goes to space with Marina then I'm all for it. Quote
Paid Members Lion_of_the_Midlands Posted September 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 19, 2024 Starting with a 20 minute Chris Jericho match is a real "Fuck You" to the fans. Proper Vince McMahon levels of not giving a shit what people think of the booking. Tony may like to think he is cut from a different cloth to Vince but he really isn't. Quote
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted September 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 19, 2024 1 hour ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said: Starting with a 20 minute Chris Jericho match is a real "Fuck You" to the fans. Proper Vince McMahon levels of not giving a shit what people think of the booking. Tony may like to think he is cut from a different cloth to Vince but he really isn't. I’m hoping Jericho went running to Tony with the quater hour breakdowns and told him the ratings go up when he’s on TV, so he’s out him on the biggest part of the show to shut him up, but that’s probably just wishful thinking. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted September 19, 2024 Author Posted September 19, 2024 Jericho's probably schmoozed up to someone at WBD and convinced them that he's the biggest star out there and that as part of their new deal he has to get TV time on every show or else they'll fail. Quote
Chili Posted September 19, 2024 Posted September 19, 2024 (edited) I think basically Tony Khan puts too much stock in him and maybe outside of the internet and with casuals he's still a thing. I wish he'd fucked off around last year and came back around now, he'd be fine because he'd gone away, but he hasn't so it's just a fucking drag nearly all the time. Still should have gone full white linen flowing clothes/on the nose vignettes with this learning tree guff, at least it would have FELT different to just doing an inferior version of two stables he's already had that worked for differing reasons, the current schtick is bollocks because it actually could have been better. 22 minutes that match was, fuck off with that. Edited September 19, 2024 by Chili Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted September 19, 2024 Members Posted September 19, 2024 51 minutes ago, Chili said: I think basically Tony Khan puts too much stock in him and maybe outside of the internet and with casuals he's still a thing. I wish he'd fucked off around last year and came back around now, he'd be fine because he'd gone away, but he hasn't so it's just a fucking drag nearly all the time. Still should have gone full white linen flowing clothes/on the nose vignettes with this learning tree guff, at least it would have FELT different to just doing an inferior version of two stables he's already had that worked for differing reasons, the current schtick is bollocks because it actually could have been better. 22 minutes that match was, fuck off with that. Chilli Fogg Quote
Paid Members LaGoosh Posted September 19, 2024 Paid Members Posted September 19, 2024 I totally understand why Tony Khan has so much stock in Jericho. Jericho is not given anywhere near enough credit for the early success of AEW and through the pandemic - they probably couldn't have done it without him. And he's also carried the company through significant rough patches. He's earned faith and loyalty from Tony Khan. But yeah, he's washed and 22 minute openers from him is absolutely not what this company needs right now. Decent show though I completely agree with @RedTwoster the layout of these shows drives me crazy! You could easily re-jig matches and segments around to give the episodes vastly improved momentum from both a crowd stand point and a narrative one too. Every week it annoys me. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted September 19, 2024 Author Posted September 19, 2024 Going to sound predictable with the moaning (sorry!) but Ospreay/Ricochet thrown out on Dynamite? I get it's the anniversary show but surely that's one of the biggest Ricochet matches they've got, if not the most anticipated? I'm sure they'll get some PPV rematches but I'm really surprised. Feels like the only real ready made feud with depth that they've got for Ricochet. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.