Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

While generally I'm not a fan of Darby, and I'm a bit indifferent to Mox, that was a cracking match. Mox came over as a proper nasty bastard. I still don't want him to beat Bryan though.

Fair play to Nigel, that wasn't a bad match at all. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

This new Mox story would be pretty perfect for Daniel Garcia to get involved in and be the right vehicle to push him up the card.

Though sadly I predict we'll be seeing Garcia on NXT feuding with the likes of Ripley Bishop, Flash Harlem and Xander Klaxx before we know it.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I watched the Danielson / McGuinness match and it was fine for the most part but those slaps that McGuinness was throwing were like something out of Sharmell vs Jenna Morasca.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I haven't seen it yet but I saw Nigel's stuff at All In and while I'm pleased for him that he's healthy enough to work again, I thought it was pretty poor. Trying to do the same stuff at 50% speed is never a good look. All these older guys need to watch more Terry Funk before they try and come back working like they're 25 again.

  • Paid Members
Posted

I thought McGuinness/Danielson was fun for what it was, and Nigel looked decent given how long it’s been since he wrestled. Ultimately, if I’m enjoying what I’m watching, that’s all I really need from a match and I enjoyed this.

I don’t mention it earlier, but it was great to see MVP show up - Lashley/Swerve is a fun next feud for Strickland as they move away from Hangman (for now). I know not everyone on here enjoys Lashley, but I’m going to predict that he’ll win a lot of people over in AEW, assuming that’s the direction they’re taking here.

  • Paid Members
Posted
10 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

I thought McGuinness/Danielson was fun for what it was, and Nigel looked decent given how long it’s been since he wrestled. Ultimately, if I’m enjoying what I’m watching, that’s all I really need from a match and I enjoyed this.

I don’t mention it earlier, but it was great to see MVP show up - Lashley/Swerve is a fun next feud for Strickland as they move away from Hangman (for now). I know not everyone on here enjoys Lashley, but I’m going to predict that he’ll win a lot of people over in AEW, assuming that’s the direction they’re taking here.

I think Lashley can be great, I just don't think he ever really had that in either WWE stint (and it seemed worse when he was under Booker H). But I am more interested in who the Hurt Syndicate will have in their ranks. Can you imagine if this is how Hobbs is brought back?!? What about another promising up and comer like Alex Kane or maybe it's how they bring in the long rumoured Michael Oku (who would absolutely benefit from having MVP talking for him). Lio Rush would be great and out of the Top Flight tailspin. 

Posted
7 hours ago, LaGoosh said:

This new Mox story would be pretty perfect for Daniel Garcia to get involved in and be the right vehicle to push him up the card.

Though sadly I predict we'll be seeing Garcia on NXT feuding with the likes of Ripley Bishop, Flash Harlem and Xander Klaxx before we know it.

I was watching Action Andretti the other day doing his boring crap and looking at his face I thought 'if he got rid of that barnet and went shaved headed he'd look quite a tough bastard to join up as a lackey in Mox's crew'

Posted

There are a lot of talents I see in AEW that I can imagine in NXT and WWE, either slotting in how they are or improving, but Garcia isn't one of them. That's not to say I don't enjoy him but I feel like he's in the best place at the moment. I'd be really surprised if he felt like he'd be better over there.

  • Paid Members
Posted
15 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

There are a lot of talents I see in AEW that I can imagine in NXT and WWE, either slotting in how they are or improving, but Garcia isn't one of them. That's not to say I don't enjoy him but I feel like he's in the best place at the moment. I'd be really surprised if he felt like he'd be better over there.

I could see them pushing him, just to send a message to other high potential AEW talent - come here, and you’ll get the opportunity that you would not on a crowded roster. Potentially, all that they need to do here is make him feel like there’s a level of consistency in how he’s featured - but I could easily see him make the jump, win the NXT title from Ethan Page, then move to the main roster where he quickly wins a secondary belt. He’ll probably get more TV time if he gets over based entirely on the fact their roster is thin, so it may feel worthwhile; at least in the short term. If it didn’t work out, I can’t imagine that Tony Khan wouldnt re-sign him; and with that in mind, I can see why he might be tempted. 

To be honest, I don’t think he’s a major loss for AEW, and I don’t think he’s a major ‘get’ for WWE. He’s a talented young wrestler, but I just can’t see him amounting to much more than he is in AEW, or breaking past the midcard in WWE. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

@RedTwoster Do you think the optics of Garcia joining NXT and beating Page for the title would be well received? I think it would look pretty petty.

I don’t think it’s petty at all, it would make Garcia seem like a hot commodity off-the-gate.

But as I said, I don’t think he’s a major get for WWE, or a major loss for AEW. He’s a ‘nice-to-have’, certainly; but nothing more than that, in my opinion. 

If he leaves AEW, there’s a giant roster of people waiting to take his place. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
8 minutes ago, RedTwoster said:

To be honest, I don’t think he’s a major loss for AEW, and I don’t think he’s a major ‘get’ for WWE. He’s a talented young wrestler, but I just can’t see him amounting to much more than he is in AEW, or breaking past the midcard in WWE. 

Agree, he's got Johnny Gargano written all over him. A very solid talent, occasionally brilliant, but in need of something to help him break out and that's easier on NXT than it is to their main audience. 

5 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

@RedTwoster Do you think the optics of Garcia joining NXT and beating Page for the title would be well received? I think it would look pretty petty.

Don't get petty as an rgument at all. Seems completely logical.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...