• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I think basically all I want from Dynamite is it to be a modern day Attitude era show with better wrestling and no weird sex and misogyny. This weeks episode embraced that vibe big time and I enjoyed all the big over the top stuff.

Ideally AEW's weekly TV should be Dynamite - the biggest stars, biggest angles, biggest matches, Rampage - wacky matches and comedy, and Collision - wrestling heavy, old school, more chilled out, build up the mid and upper card wrestlers.

Nick Jackson calling Darby a pervert after being thrown from the stage made me spit my tea out. Brilliant.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members
41 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

I think basically all I want from Dynamite is it to be a modern day Attitude era show with better wrestling and no weird sex and misogyny

If you take the weird sex and misogyny out of the attitude era then surely there is fuck all left? I'm with you on the rest though. 

• Paid Members

Daft car angles, crazy nutcases messing around with fire, blood baths, babyface World Champions outsmarting everyone, heavy blood angles, big surprise returns where guys come back jacked to the gills, genuine laugh-out-loud humour, commentators making each other corpse, and when all else fails, just doing mad visuals to keep you hooked. Just fucking look at it!

IMG_8279.png.97a74e1c33d861fd54f1adf84a90fe57.png

Best episode of Crash TV I ever did see.

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Supremo said:

Daft car angles, crazy nutcases messing around with fire, blood baths, babyface World Champions outsmarting everyone, heavy blood angles, big surprise returns where guys come back jacked to the gills, genuine laugh-out-loud humour, commentators making each other corpse, and when all else fails, just doing mad visuals to keep you hooked. Just fucking look at it!

IMG_8279.png.97a74e1c33d861fd54f1adf84a90fe57.png

Best episode of Crash TV I ever did see.

Danielson “One in a billion you say? Well ACKSHUALLY:”

9CFB1C29-DF98-4EA0-939A-E9CAEAA5914A.jpeg

Posted (edited)

I’m usually an advocate of wrestlers only carrying gimmicks they can actually use on their opponents but that pervert standing there with his flamethrower was a great visual.

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members

I’ve watched that Swerve/Christian angle back about three times now. It’s peak, top tier AEW content. A proper throwback to the Pandemic Era at Daily’s Place. Super creative, well-thought-out, subverting expectations, and peppered with fun, clever little touches.

The way Swerve stops mid-chase at ringside to quickly wallop Killswitch with an incidental kick to the face. “Fuckin’ ‘ave it, you prehistoric prick!” Taz shouting, “Car Jack Jones!” as Christian nicks the car. The way it calls back to when Christian has previously driven off into the night, only for Prince Nana to pull the switcheroo. The cheeky sip of coffee. Christian deciding the only way to escape is to climb up on to the car roof. Christian running off into the night as Swerve and Nana high-five, standing tall, in the beautiful daylight. Top babyface shit. The guy.

This is my AEW. Bottle it up. The company I fell in love with.

I’m doing my best to enjoy Tony’s new Attitude Era, stunt-angle kick whilst I can. If I know anything about his booking and his tendency to run tropes into the ground, I suspect we’re probably only a few weeks away from something like this.

• Paid Members
40 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Christian running off into the night as Swerve and Nana high-five, standing tall, in the beautiful daylight.

I know it's only a small thing but I love it when backstage angles take place in daylight. It's just so much more fun and alive.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Even in a post-2019 world, where everything has happened in pro-wrestling, I’m still amazed by Will Ospreay casually becoming a North American promo guy. This is how you get back at Triple H for his shitty remarks. Performances like this. Not rubbish jokes about shagging the boss’ daughter, likely fed to you by Chris Jericho.

But yeah, get the International Title on Will, then let him spend the rest of the year unifying all the belts. Win the Continental Classic. Hoover them all up until you win the World Title. Clean this place up, bruv.

Edited by Supremo

Checked out this episode off the positive reception on here.

I really do wish I could get lost in it more, but this once logical, positive, momentum filled promotion doing WCW 2000 shit in front of pub metal crowds just feels desperate. And sometimes that can be fun, but for me the massive anchor with AEW for years was that it didn't feel desperate at all. I can genuinely see them eventually coming off the road and just running Daily's Place with the lights down low, Keraaazy Elite version 2637 lording over the proceedings as Hunter picks the bones. 

Happy people are enjoying it, and I can see why.

I'll check this period out again when OSW cover it in a few years. 

5 minutes ago, The Gaffer said:

Checked out this episode off the positive reception on here.

I really do wish I could get lost in it more, but this once logical, positive, momentum filled promotion doing WCW 2000 shit in front of pub metal crowds just feels desperate. And sometimes that can be fun, but for me the massive anchor with AEW for years was that it didn't feel desperate at all. I can genuinely see them eventually coming off the road and just running Daily's Place with the lights down low, Keraaazy Elite version 2637 lording over the proceedings as Hunter picks the bones. 

Happy people are enjoying it, and I can see why.

I'll check this period out again when OSW cover it in a few years. 

What do you find desperate about it? Just curious, especially if you didn't think it was desperate before. I get there's a few little OTT things here and there, but on the whole they're not anywhere near WCW 2000 for me.

14 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

What do you find desperate about it? Just curious, especially if you didn't think it was desperate before. I get there's a few little OTT things here and there, but on the whole they're not anywhere near WCW 2000 for me.

No, it's a fair question. They've done some crazy shit since year one, but it always played out in the context of a promotion that - if it didn't have long term booking nailed down - at least felt very sure of itself in terms of the overall feel of the promotion and what was they wanted to present.

Copeland doing bloodbaths gets absolutely dunked on if it happens elsewhere. Hook, Shibata and the guy in the Halloween bounty hunter costume looking like complete idiots in the ring whilst Jericho babbles incoherently and Tony talks over him on commentary because other Tony is texting him something is late stage Thunder lower midcard stuff. The Bucks "Say goodbye to the good ol' days" act is on the nose, fuck off heel heat for me and it seems from reading elsewhere that's an oft-expressed sentiment. I understand that's the most subjective part of an entirely subjective take though, as I've never particularly enjoyed them. 

And the optics factor in for me. I'm at a disadvantage there - totally. It was just fun watching this company with packed houses and bright lights punching upward. Now they're just punching the mirror and stumbling all over the broken glass in the dark. 

Real glass. And I've cried a river!