Really didn't care about Jack Perry too much before, but he's great in this role, as are the Bucks.

I really hope Willow wins. Mercedes won't lose anything and can easily get her heat back but Willow is an absolute star and a win could really catapult her.

8 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Really didn't care about Jack Perry too much before, but he's great in this role, as are the Bucks.

I really hope Willow wins. Mercedes won't lose anything and can easily get her heat back but Willow is an absolute star and a win could really catapult her.

I think this is the best version of the Bucks in aew. I really hate them which is what is supposed to happen. For me they are like heel mjf.  You hate them but know they are good and respect them.

Good to see the crowd cheer when willow put mercedes through the table. Unfortunately if mercedes does turn heel it may because she cheats to win. Either that or willow wins and mercedes attacks her after. Which I hope is what happens as I don't want to see willow loose. I really really hope willow doesn't cheat to win and turn heel 

I'm so sorry everyone, but I'm liking the Jericho thing. I'd rather Big Bill be doing something else, but he's leaned into this stupid idea enough I'm finding it charming. I still think he should've gone full Messiah complex new age cult leader and wore white linen like he's The Cult of Nirab.

33 minutes ago, Chili said:

I'm so sorry everyone, but I'm liking the Jericho thing. I'd rather Big Bill be doing something else, but he's leaned into this stupid idea enough I'm finding it charming. I still think he should've gone full Messiah complex new age cult leader and wore white linen like he's The Cult of Nirab.

And this is part of the problem. He'll end up thinking he's done something amazing and entertaining again and there's no stopping him damnit!

But glad someone's enjoying it..

• Paid Members

"he's too large to be wearing a floral pattern" somehow is my top moment of the year so far. Bloody brilliant, really want Shibata to use that calm translate voice to tell Jericho he's going to kick his head in. 

• Paid Members
18 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

All I could think of when I saw Joe, HOOK and Shibata together was "these guys would make great Trios Champs".  

Likewise, I really hope we get that later down the line.

I absolutely think Willow should win, and a loss being the catalyst for Mercedes to go full heel is probably the best route - a long-running thing of Willow just having her number could be the best approach to this. On the flipside, though, one of the benefits of having such a good sympathetic babyface as Willow Nightingale is that her losing would be authentically heartbreaking - but to make that work, they need to follow up on the loss in a big way, and AEW haven't been great at that kind of thing lately. 

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

Likewise, I really hope we get that later down the line.

Blackpool Combat Club vs Samoa Joe, Hook and Shibata sounds pretty tasty to me. And then transition from there into a Joe vs Danielson feud. That'd be some good stuff.

• Paid Members

Have they ever referred to Taz once being Joe's mentor, as a kind of backdrop to him potentially working with Hook?

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Have they ever referred to Taz once being Joe's mentor, as a kind of backdrop to him potentially working with Hook?

It was alluded to when Joe defended the title against Hook; I don't know if they came right out and said it, but they talked about them having known each other since Hook was a kid, and Taz knowing Joe very well.

• Paid Members

It's monumentally shit that Mercedes still hasn't wrestled. They didnt know when she'd be ready when they debuted her, did they? Its the only plausible reason for stringing this out.

42 minutes ago, air_raid said:

It's monumentally shit that Mercedes still hasn't wrestled. They didnt know when she'd be ready when they debuted her, did they? Its the only plausible reason for stringing this out.

It's an odd one. They obviously wanted to show her off and get her out there, but her strength is not interviews and character work, so she's already been exposed.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, air_raid said:

I think they probably booked the venue thinking she’d be cleared, because it would have been booked months in advance. It’s been a shame because what we’ve had has been lukewarm, until now.

Belter of an episode. All killer no filler.