Saw a clip of Flair in ring....Christ almighty someone fly him to Switzerland and put us all out of our misery! Absolutely abysmal and not even a speck of his former self, let alone a shadow.

I've seen old men bed bound at my care home look more threatening than Flair!

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, Chili said:

Some welcome relief here for wrestling fans. AEW don't have to produce nearly two dozen vignettes explaining a load of back stories now.

You've got is backwards buddy. Had the US government seen some vignettes they wouldn't have cancelled all those visas as they would have known who they were. 

I saw a theory from ProWrestling.net's Jason Powell on what might happen on Sunday, which seems worryingly plausible - Ric Flair costs Sting and Darby the tag match, leading to Sting challenging Flair to an impromptu match, which Sting quickly wins; squashing Flair - allowing him to end his career against the guy. I hadn't even considered that this might happen, but I could absolutely see them do that. 

I might be in the minority here, but I think Bryan Danielson might be the most boring man on the AEW roster right now. I guess he's on his retirement tour, wrestling the people he wants to wrestle, but he feels so purposeless in the wider context of the company. I thought he'd be a brilliant signing for AEW, but he has so little value. It's a shame, because I was a huge fan of his. His matches are still superb, but he's not the big star he could be. 

Also, I'd completely forgotten about the Continental Crown. 

I'd have quite liked to have seen Nick Wayne win the International Title. Yeah, we have the PPV match to consider, but it would have gone some way towards making these matches feel unpredictable going forward. Plus, Wayne is more interesting than Roderick Strong. The Dynamic between Christian and his protégée, with them both being belt holders, would have been a lot of fun. 

The Hangman Page ruse...the segment was good, but it didn't really make sense. What was he going to do if Swerve didn't turn up, or hung around on the ramp like Joe? 

22 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

The Hangman Page ruse...the segment was good, but it didn't really make sense. What was he going to do if Swerve didn't turn up, or hung around on the ramp like Joe? 

I was thinking the same thing, if swerve didn't come out, get in the ring, and turn his back when Joe came out, was hangman just not gonna wrestle on Sunday?

• Paid Members
16 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

Wayne is more interesting than Roderick Strong. 

The lowest of low bars. 

The first part of your post about Sting and Flair makes me want to drink bleach to forget that that idea is out there. 

The bit about Bry D is both fair and sad. He should be the man in AEW but I don't think it's what he wants and Tony isn't ruthless enough as a booker to make the talent do stuff they don't want  to do. For all the great stuff in AEW there is not enough "Do as you are told" rather than the "Do what you want" attitude that prevails. 

39 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

I saw a theory from ProWrestling.net's Jason Powell on what might happen on Sunday, which seems worryingly plausible - Ric Flair costs Sting and Darby the tag match, leading to Sting challenging Flair to an impromptu match, which Sting quickly wins; squashing Flair - allowing him to end his career against the guy. I hadn't even considered that this might happen, but I could absolutely see them do that. 

I might be in the minority here, but I think Bryan Danielson might be the most boring man on the AEW roster right now. I guess he's on his retirement tour, wrestling the people he wants to wrestle, but he feels so purposeless in the wider context of the company. I thought he'd be a brilliant signing for AEW, but he has so little value. It's a shame, because I was a huge fan of his. His matches are still superb, but he's not the big star he could be. 

Also, I'd completely forgotten about the Continental Crown. 

I'd have quite liked to have seen Nick Wayne win the International Title. Yeah, we have the PPV match to consider, but it would have gone some way towards making these matches feel unpredictable going forward. Plus, Wayne is more interesting than Roderick Strong. The Dynamic between Christian and his protégée, with them both being belt holders, would have been a lot of fun. 

Any positives? I thought that was a fun go home episode. Trios Match was good, good bit of further scran on the TBS title, Hangman's 'swerve' had some logic potholes but I think we've seen worse and it's actually a silly logic hole I've seen I'm WWE, TNA and several indy promotions. Please don't ever bring up that Flair idea again. You're know what wrestlers are like 😂🫣

16 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

The bit about Bry D is both fair and sad. He should be the man in AEW but I don't think it's what he wants and Tony isn't ruthless enough as a booker to make the talent do stuff they don't want  to do. For all the great stuff in AEW there is not enough "Do as you are told" rather than the "Do what you want" attitude that prevails. 

Or body wise, they both know that going with him in a big feud might not be wise. I agree that he needs to be involved in better stuff, but I imagine backstage is Bryan's real value for AEW at the moment.

I can see Flair turning on Sting for sure as a nod to their past. But an impromptu match is just nonsense. I still think Flair going for a low blow but Sting having a cup or something knowing what Flair would do would be good. Then have Stinger kick the old bastard in the nuts.

45 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

21 minutes ago, poetofthedeed said:

I was thinking the same thing, if swerve didn't come out, get in the ring, and turn his back when Joe came out, was hangman just not gonna wrestle on Sunday?

Guys, I think we need to have a chat.. we might need to talk about Santa too..

• Paid Members

If we are picking holes in the Hangman / Swerve segment for not making sense, then we need to talk about pretty much every aspect of wrestling in existence. Seems like nit picking for nit pickings sake. 

Sting being lowered from the rafters like a sack of shite was brilliant. Just a massive nostalgia moment that is exactly what people want. Fantastic stuff.

37 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Guys, I think we need to have a chat.. we might need to talk about Santa too..

Santa has a contingency plan for everything from no chimney to a child walking in on him to an elaborate mind melt where nobody believes a child's trauma after he's caught kissing the child's mother....... Wrestling wishes they could write a tweener like that.

1 minute ago, poetofthedeed said:

Santa has a contingency plan for everything from no chimney to a child walking in on him to an elaborate mind melt where nobody believes a child's trauma after he's caught kissing the child's mother....... Wrestling wishes they could write a tweener like that.

Except for getting stuck in a chimney. You'd think he'd plan for that rather than just expecting random strangers to help him.