Your last meal

Gus Mears

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

A nice pie with mash is a lovely combination. Us Northerners usually eat it with a good gravy and veg though. 

Eating it with fucking parsley liquor and jellied eels though, insert Clint Eastwood looking disgusted gif.

We'll have to beg to differ there. To be pedantic, it's stewed eels not jellied eels (you have them as a side dish if you feel inclined). I like a steak pie with gravy though when it comes to traditional pie and mash I stick with the liquor.

42 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Honestly, it tastes better than it looks! I go to White's pie and mash shop in Walton on the Naze quite often. Not sure if they have any execution facilities nearby though.

All joking apart, it is my favourite meal closely followed by a massive mixed grill.

Whites is incredible! Been going there forever,although havent been in a few years as not been down Walton in a while. Shame they shut down the Martello!

• Paid Members
Just now, SuperBacon said:

Northerners or Southerners (sane ones) unite over this.

Anyone choosing parsley liquor over gravy deserves that to be their last meal to be honest. 

It's vile.

It's a matter of taste at the end of the day. At least you've actually tried it. If you don't like it then fair enough.

If we're talking about people who deserve a last meal, it's people who say they 'don't like' something despite having never even tried it before. 

21 minutes ago, Boycie said:

It's a matter of taste at the end of the day. At least you've actually tried it. If you don't like it then fair enough.

If we're talking about people who deserve a last meal, it's people who say they 'don't like' something despite having never even tried it before. 

Yeah I've had it. For me it overpowers the pie and the mash. Each to their own.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Boycie said:

White's pie and mash shop in Walton on the Naze

Genuinely read that as Walton on the Nazi. 

My last meal would be beef cheek slowly braised in a bottle of red wine and a buttery mustard mash. Follow that with sticky toffee pudding with cream and then a cheese board with 12 different cheeses including an Eppoises of artery destroying quality and the hangman can have a day off. 

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Yeah I've had it. For me it overpowers the pie and the mash. Each to their own.

That's interesting, I find it compliments it rather than overpowers it. I find it quite a subtle flavour personally. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Bradyisgod22 said:

Whites is incredible! Been going there forever,although havent been in a few years as not been down Walton in a while. Shame they shut down the Martello!

It's still going strong! I'm from Ipswich but a few of us go down there for pie and mash sometimes.