Warhammer/Wargaming Thread

CharlesTuckerTheThird

Hi folks, long-time lurker, this is my first thread. I noticed there wasn't a Warhammer/Wargaming thread here so I was wondering if anyone else plays anything Warhammer, Mantic, Privateer Press, anything really! I'm currently working on a Space Marine army for Warhammer 40K, a Chaos Daemon army for Age Of Sigmar and I'm looking at a few other games (Fallout: Wasteland Warfare looks pretty fun!)

So, to quote someone much wiser than me: "What Play You?"

• Paid Members

I haven't played in years but I do collect/paint. I don't drive, so transporting large amounts of models for playing sucks.
I'm currently working on a Kommandos Kill Team so I could maybe play some smaller games in the future.

The last model I got done painting was the big Mangler Squigs model that was a blast to put together 

1 minute ago, Jesse said:

I haven't played in years but I do collect/paint. I don't drive, so transporting large amounts of models for playing sucks.
I'm currently working on a Kommandos Kill Team so I could maybe play some smaller games in the future.

The last model I got done painting was the big Mangler Squigs model that was a blast to put together 

I always loved the Mangler Squig, big fan of Kill Team too, got the Arbites box, I'm just trying to work out a way to put them together so I can use them in Necromunda as well!

40 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

I will obviously impress you all with the fact that I was mentioned in the acknowledgements section of the first printing of Warhammer 40,000, Rogue Trader.

Ah the good ole days when Space Marines could have total nervous breakdowns and you could shoot a tank, only for it to flip over and crush you to death.... That's pretty cool though!

• Paid Members
50 minutes ago, Thunderplex said:

I will obviously impress you all with the fact that I was mentioned in the acknowledgements section of the first printing of Warhammer 40,000, Rogue Trader.

I was counted in the official world top 100 players in second edition.

By that I mean I came 96th out of 100 in the international tournament.

I am mainly into the books/lore these days, but I have put together a 1000pt Marines army (Alpha Legion loyalists).

I started eyeing up Age of Sigmar at the start of the year but never jumped on board and then life got in the way. 

I have zero experience with wargaming but it seemed more fun and fresh to me than 40K - with an enthusiastic reception thus far - and fantasy's always my bag over military sci-fi. 

I think what's holding me back from taking the plunge is knowing how I am with these things. I'll either need to invest a couple of hundred quid over the space of a few months before only then realising I feel like I'm wasting my time, or I'll joyously take to it and...waste my time. Down the rabbit hole. Which is fine - no judgements - but my life already has enough rabbit holes. I'd never be able to justify building a bookshelf, a vinyl collection and having a go on me warhammers. 

I've always had a distant appreciation for the lore of it though. It seems fucking mental. Maybe I'll just start reading the books. 

27 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

I started eyeing up Age of Sigmar at the start of the year but never jumped on board and then life got in the way. 

I have zero experience with wargaming but it seemed more fun and fresh to me than 40K - with an enthusiastic reception thus far - and fantasy's always my bag over military sci-fi. 

I think what's holding me back from taking the plunge is knowing how I am with these things. I'll either need to invest a couple of hundred quid over the space of a few months before only then realising I feel like I'm wasting my time, or I'll joyously take to it and...waste my time. Down the rabbit hole. Which is fine - no judgements - but my life already has enough rabbit holes. I'd never be able to justify building a bookshelf, a vinyl collection and having a go on me warhammers. 

I've always had a distant appreciation for the lore of it though. It seems fucking mental. Maybe I'll just start reading the books. 

Oh I could recommend so many series of Warhammer novels! Gotrek And Felix, Gaunt's Ghosts, The Last Chancers, The Horus Heresy, Eisenhorn, I could go on and on!

• Paid Members

I used to dabble a little in my teens. The game I put the most time into was probably Warhammer Quest, although I did have a couple of Blood Bowl Teams, and some Neceomubda gangs. I was never very good at them, well, apart from Warhammer Quest. I do like all the lore though. I follow a few channels on YouTube that are pretty good viewing.