18 hours ago, lars85 said:

But the one that had the biggest impact on me was The Host. 

Yep, watched that one just before bed last night. Not the wisest decision ever.

I loved Blood but was a bit annoyed by the lads choice of weapon to start picking people off on the tower. I get you need a high powered scope rifle, but you literally have to do it bullet by bullet. Sod that effort.

It’s hard to imagine any series having the impact that the X Files did when it arrived.  I was about 15 and a boarding school and so I saw the first half of every episode of the first series as we got sent to bed during transmission!

Everyone was obsessed with it.  Obsessed.  The mythology it exposed you to was so different to anything else, suddenly everyone was a conspiracy theorist and subscribing to Fortean Times.

I even made an X Files parody film after my A Levels with a mate who was into movie making.

I did a rewatch a few years ago but noped out at the point Mulder left the series.  Robert Patrick is a great actor but the series had run out of ideas by then.

And oof, that reboot series.  Awful.  Chris Carter had become a very lazy writer.

I enjoyed both the feature films though.

What I really want to see again is Millennium, Carter’s other series that appears to have gone to tv purgatory.  That was excellent.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Loki said:

What I really want to see again is Millennium, Carter’s other series that appears to have gone to tv purgatory.  That was excellent.

I'd love to see this and The Lone Gunmen again. I've never watched either of them properly (same with The X Files) but have good albeit vague fuzzy memories of watching them when I was younger and knowing they were too grown-up and scary for me at the time. 

It's always annoying when a streaming service has a show but doesn't have any of its spin-offs. Really hurts the completionist in me. 

Edited by Lorne Malvo

4 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

The Lone Gunmen

I didn't even know this was a thing!

I'm definitely watching that after I've finished The X-Files.

American Gothic was another show I remember enjoying as a kid (IIRC it was always on some randomly late time on Channel 4) but I've never revisited it. 

• Paid Members

You chaps have inspired me to start the X Files again myself. Absolutely adored it as a teenager but never actually finished the series. I had no idea it was on Disney Plus! Classes have just finished for the summer. I detect a plan coming together. I'm already looking forward to once again seeing Fox Mulder unnecessarily leaping off things.  

mulderjump.jpg

mulderjump2.jpg

mulderjump3.jpg