AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Just when you thought it was going to be a weird Blackpool Combat Club and FTR vs House of Spookies and Bill/Starks, the House of Spookies turn on Starks

Did they turn on him? I thought it was more an overconfident Starks thought they had his back so charged the ring but they just left him behind. Worked for me. There's an absolutely banging 10 man TV match to be had with them lads.

In fact, I thought the episode as a whole was pretty excellent. A lovely balance of competitive matches, surprises, squashes, match styles and both serious and funny promos.

Kingston vs Jarrett was obviously the highlight, what an insanely fun match which brought the comedy and the hate at just the right times. Then Eddie follows it up with a perfect promo. Superb stuff all round.

My only gripes are very minor - Miro/Andretti was a great competitive squash but it was too long. They had the perfect match but they basically had it twice in a row. And the cut to black for the masked devil was just too much and didn't really add any intrigue.

But a fantastic show and far better than Dynamite this week. Next up: Battle of the Belts.

I wish they would learn with the 2nd disappearing lights out for House of Black. I can think of a few times now where they do an in person confrontation of some type and then 'lights out'. It always kills the crowd. It's one thing getting a surprise appearance. It's another knowing they're stumbling round in the dark and leaving the opponent left like a spare part.

Decent enough show. Trying to do some things and time will tell how it plays out. Still not a fan of FTR's quick return after the tag title loss or the CJ Perry/Miro recruitment angle.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

CJ Perry/Miro recruitment angle

I quite like how it's seemingly playing out. CJ seems to be intentionally trolling and manipulating Miro for his attention and to wind him up. It's an original way of doing an angle like this.

42 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Did they turn on him? I thought it was more an overconfident Starks thought they had his back so charged the ring but they just left him behind. Worked for me. There's an absolutely banging 10 man TV match to be had with them lads.

Turning on him might have been a bit strong, but I can’t imagine they’re on his Christmas list now.

It just felt like an extra topper the story didn’t need, when they could have just finished with the 5 v 5 staredown.

It also felt a little odd, in that last week a lot of the same stuff was happening only Edge and Christian’s mob were involved.

I’m not saying it’s bad, necessarily (the only thing objectively bad on the show was the use of the lights out gimmick multiple times and across two different angles), it just feels a bit messy and unfocused at the minute on Saturdays.

Agree that the lights out bollocks was overused (especially also doing it for "the devil") but I still really enjoyed Collision.

Imo like a lot of matches in AEW, the Miro match suffered because they had to fill picture in picture, time.

Hurry up and get back, Rush and The Lads. 

Fun post match brawl.

Street fight was bags of fun. 

Belter of a Kingston promo. Easily up there with his best. 

Collision is currently my pick for TV show of the year. Just a breezy two hours of wrestling.

1 hour ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Only clocked CJ Perry's theme this episode. 

Has to be a shout for all time worst, surely? 

And the nickname. I’m aware, before anyone points it out, that she’s taken it from the Miro vignettes - but even so. It’s the kind of embarrassing nonsense that makes you not want to watch wrestling when other people are around. 

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, RedRooster said:

t’s the kind of embarrassing nonsense that makes you not want to watch wrestling when other people are around. 

You should be embarrassed to watch the best stuff when other people are around too. Non-fans think it's all embarrassing and shit.

• Paid Members

Miro vs Action Andretti felt like it was going so long me and a mate joked they'd called an audible to go broadway. When Action rolled out of The Accolade we bust a gut laughing and got actually worried they had. Match could have been 5 minutes long but felt like a lifetime.

When Miro is still dead in the water a year from now they can look at matches like this why. Should not be going toe to toe with low card nobodies.

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

This shit here has me feeling like tonight's Collision is a PPV:

2:57 - “We have both made it to the pinnacle of this industry…”

It’s happening. I won’t give up on this!

Anyway, that was phenomenal, especially the tacked-on promos at the end. Such a wild, vibrant web of storylines that could go in a million directions. I hadn’t even considered Don Callis as the devil. Would make sense. Jay White vs. Omega would be awesome too. Fuck it, put the belt on Kenny, just for the chaos of it. Figure it out later when they do the Armageddon Hell in a Cell at World’s End.