AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

3 hours ago, Louch said:

It wasn’t meant as a bandwagon to the genuine people who care and take action repeatedly in trans rights and show their full support. It was meant fully at flip flop Phil in his support of causes as you won’t hear a peep out of him in a month about it. 

You can support multiple causes, you know - and sadly, there’s little benefit to Punk personally in publicly supporting Trans rights in the current climate; it’s likely to lose him as much support than it gains. Transphobia has become a kind of acceptable bigotry. I think you have to put aside the dislike you clearly have for Punk, and accept using his platform to do something like this is pretty admirable. 

On a separate note, on the back of @Infinity Land’s post, I’m absolutely gutted if this is Riccaboni’s last week. He and Nigel are a brilliant little team, and Kevin Kelly is, sadly, a bit crap. 

• Paid Members

Ahh was really hoping Collision would remain the Riccabone zone. :( 

Totally agreed on Toni Storm’s Blanche Dubois arc being a revelation. Had no idea she had that in her. 

2 minutes ago, JLM said:

Ahh was really hoping Collision would remain the Riccabone zone. :( 

Totally agreed on Toni Storm’s Blanche Dubois arc being a revelation. Had no idea she had that in her. 

The shoe being thrown at Lexy was a proper comedy topper. 

• Paid Members
31 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

Oh, one more thing I noticed; there seemed to be a genuine ripple of anticipation when Malakai and Punk got in the ring together. That could be something they could explore post All In/Out.

Malakai Black just seems to have this special energy where whenever he first steps in with another top singles star everyone in the live crowd goes nuts. It always feels like a big deal for some reason. 

6 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Malakai Black just seems to have this special energy where whenever he first steps in with another top singles star everyone in the live crowd goes nuts. It always feels like a big deal for some reason. 

I’ve always liked him, and wanted to be a fan, but equally would struggle to name you many great matches he’s been in.

I’d like to see him have a run in big singles matches on Collision.

37 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I’ve always liked him, and wanted to be a fan, but equally would struggle to name you many great matches he’s been in.

I’d like to see him have a run in big singles matches on Collision.

I’m in the same boat. I really enjoyed his matches with Cody, but outside of that I’d definitely struggle to list any great matches he’s had. 

Still, the idea of him working with MJF, Moxley, Danielson or Omega feels pretty exciting and novel.

21 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

https://x.com/wrestlepurists/status/1690867846102847488?s=46&t=RdB-Xs_hRBlnYBmGIKzebg

I neither know nor care whether this is real or not. All I know is, if this is a work, it’ll make for some tedious television.

Probably had a location for his promos to go do them. That punks supposedly blackballing Ryan Nemeth for tweeting he’s a soft man when he’s the one actually joining the strikes is the more fun story for voice of the voiceless 

• Paid Members

Nigel had an excellent line in the Luchasaurus v Brock Anderson match. "They say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree... must have been a strong wind that day." 

Fun show as always. Starks is really coming across now I think, he's felt like a star these past few weeks. 

3 minutes ago, gmoney said:

Nigel had an excellent line in the Luchasaurus v Brock Anderson match. "They say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree... must have been a strong wind that day." 

Best part of that match was a very clear "...the fuck was that, dude?" from Luchasaurus after Brock botched taking a suplex.