AEW Saturday Collision

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
38 minutes ago, David said:

Are you watching it on a FireStick by any chance? There was an update done a few months back that has fucked with the syncing on a few different apps, including Fite. I have to keep restarting my FireStick to get it back to normal.

Normally Apple TV but I will try on my fire stick, just don’t like the interface as much.

• Paid Members

Just catching up on Saturday's show now, and jesus christ this commentary team is the pits. Like, genuinely terrible. I've lost count of how many times Kevin Kelly gets halfway through a sentence then tails off. No enthusiasm or excitement, talking in boring tired cliches, McGuinness and his heel patter being sub-Corey Graves level. It almost sounds like those Tom Phillip/David Otunga pairings you would get on WWE D-shows a few years back, which is perfectly fine if this is NXT Level Up, but it's meant to be their brand-new exciting fresh show. And these two dullards are just endlessly dragging everything down.

Anyway, it was a solid two hours of wrestling other than that but the show still seems to exist in this weird alternative universe/vacuum setting which makes it hard to care about much of it. 

Edited by Lorne Malvo

• Paid Members

The main problems to me seem to be 1) that it only has the same 10 or so people on it every week so it feels like this weird empty roster in comparison to Dynamite & Rampage which are stuffed to the brim, 2) the truly awful commentary, 3) there's barely any backstage stuff, it's pretty much solid match-match-match, 4) right now it feels like The CM Punk Show, so whenever he's not on screen it feels like you're just waiting for him to turn up and finally, 5) it's just not a very fun show. It's all very serious straight-faced wrestling without any of the funny, silly mad stuff you need on a wrestling TV show.

The booking feels like a block taping. They've clearly tried to map out the main few stories for a handful of people building to an ending. Little on the edges of note. 

I'm hoping there's going to be some more crossover after setting things up. Maybe once the Owen and Blood & Guts are over (happening same week Saturday - Wednesday) 

• Paid Members

As there isn’t a dedicated catch all AEW post, I was looking to watch some Dynamite on ITV tonight, only to see the schedule all changed due to ideal worlds sudden demise. But when I checked the TV guide there seemed to be no Dynamite, Rampage or Collision scheduled this week on any ITV channels.

• Paid Members

Yeah, even a weaker episode of Dynamite still breezes by and I find it easy watching, but Collision overall feels a bit flatter, not helped by the unacceptably dull commentary. 

The commentary really is the pits. I don't mind KK on Forbidden Door or the bits of NJPW I've seen but he's dreadful here.

The Andrade/HoB angle is the only thing really grabbing me at the moment. I'm assuming it'll lead into a trios match with the rest of LFI but I don't know how that'll work with RUSH/Vance/Dralistico being heels. Maybe Vikingo and Kommander instead?

Hoping the BCG/CMFTR thing is leading to White getting the win over Punk and solidifying him as a proper main eventer, as he should be.

Edited by King Mal the Glorious