My Best Film: Jason Statham

Devon Malcolm

The Stath  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

The boy Statham is having a busy year. Operation Fortune has already come out (it was alright) and he has The Meg 2 and Fast X on their way in the next couple of months. And The Expendables 4! So the question had to be asked.

I know it's not fair to narrow it down to nine films, especially because he's done a load of good stuff that everyone's forgotten. Like Safe, Hummingbird, Wrath of Man, Blitz, Parker and so on. He never lets you down.

But it's Crank for me, just ahead of Spy and Crank: High Voltage.

• Paid Members

Absolutely love the bloke - Crank tops it for me as it’s just complete madness throughout, will never forget watching that for the first time with a group of mates and all of us being in tears laughing at it. Delirious fun. I hope my rapidly receding hairline ends up looking roughly like his. 

EDIT - Every time I’m on a boat or by the beach or like last weekend for my brother’s stag do on the Broads, I’ll always send a picture to some mates and say “Sometimes a man needs to go to sea” after the end of Spy where he rides off on a boat…but doesn’t realise he’s on a lake. “Where’s the fucking sea?!”

Edited by Fatty Facesitter

• Paid Members
10 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

Is Snatch really a Jason Statham film?

Debatable, I agree. So obviously it's winning because UKFF.

14 minutes ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Absolutely love the bloke - Crank tops it for me as it’s just complete madness throughout, will never forget watching that for the first time with a group of mates and all of us being in tears laughing at it. Delirious fun. I hope my rapidly receding hairline ends up looking roughly like his. 

EDIT - Every time I’m on a boat or by the beach or like last weekend for my brother’s stag do on the Broads, I’ll always send a picture to some mates and say “Sometimes a man needs to go to sea” after the end of Spy where he rides off on a boat…but doesn’t realise he’s on a lake. “Where’s the fucking sea?!”

He's so obviously a natural at comedy that I'm surprised he's not done more. He's hilarious in Spy, which is overall very, very funny.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

I might have mentioned this before, it's my claim to fame. Jason Statham gave me his skateboard when I was a kid. I'd still have it if some bigger boys hadn't smashed it to pieces.

Also, it's The Meg.

Statham films are my cinematic comfort food, the man is infinitely watchable. I went with Snatch because as much as I loved him in Lock Stock it was the film that made me realise how great he is. The Bank Job is a cracking film but stresses me out so I've only seen it a few times. I'm a big fan of both Mechanic films and the first two Transporters, obviously The Meg is a masterpiece and his turn in Spy is a joy. The man's a treasure.

• Paid Members
23 minutes ago, mim731 said:

Crank is definitely the answer. But Safe is near-peak Statham and a glaring omission from this list. 

I really like Safe. He did so many films of that good quality for over a decade.

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Daaaaaad! said:

Remember, you are not a salmon.

And it's Crank, closely followed by Crank 2. Spy would get a shout if it wasn't so crap outwith his deadpan performance. 

I completely forgot that this great advert existed, and I don’t know why but I never remembered that Statham was in it. What a wonderful find this is. 

Fun fact, Statham is not only an acting extraordinaire, but he’s a former athlete/diver and has represented Team England at the Commonwealth Games. Is there nothing the man can’t do?