AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

“Adam Cole being announced as the main event took this show over the line to beating the legitimate Wrestlemania 3 attendance.”

Even six months ago, that would have been the craziest statement ever made. I fucking love pro-wrestling.

43 minutes ago, Supremo said:

“Adam Cole being announced as the main event took this show over the line to beating the legitimate Wrestlemania 3 attendance.”

Even six months ago, that would have been the craziest statement ever made. I fucking love pro-wrestling.

the amount of people who thought they should have used Craven Cottage instead and this happens. Personally I thought hitting 50k for this would have been good but this is amazing.

• Paid Members
22 hours ago, WyattSheepMask said:

£15 on FITE, even cheaper if you buy it through Roku

https://www.fite.tv/watch/aew-all-in-2023/2pdhf/

I got this email from Fite today:

We're revving up the excitement for the biggest event in wrestling history! As a thank you for being part of the AEW Plus family, you'll receive a special 20% discount on the PPV price with your subscription!

Order now and get ready for history in the making: Sunday, August 27th LIVE on FITE PPV.

The regular price on Fite is $19.99 however this is reduced to $15.99 with the discount. Buying through Roku is £10.99, still cheaper there as you said.

• Paid Members
On 4/6/2023 at 7:44 AM, DavidB6937 said:

They've got a good shot at selling out. It won't just be the UK fans. Its end of August so I'm sure plenty of people would be willing to travel to it.

On 4/6/2023 at 8:14 AM, garynysmon said:

I think this will sell out.

People underestimate the fact that AEW is on ITV/ITV4 and until very recently was on ITV at 11pm on Mondays. Its visibility has to be way and above WWE’s, which is tucked away on BT Sport and lost its Channel 5 showings due to poor ratings.

The AEW product isn’t at its height but its a very different fanbase to WWE’s. The buzz will carry them through.

Look at the blockbuster business TNA did in the UK when it was on Challenge TV, compared to the arenas it was booking in the US.

On 4/6/2023 at 8:38 AM, BrodyGraham said:

I thought the idea of running Craven Cottage was a bit mad, but at least it wouldn't have cost the company that much.

This is fucking mental. Like Wrestlemania 1 levels of rolling the dice.

Mad twat.

On 4/6/2023 at 9:06 AM, FUM said:

People thinking this will sell out are deluded imo but I admire the ambition. Fair play to him.

I’m already booked to come down to London for MITB so trying to clear coming down again so soon afterwards won’t go down well! Sure it will be a great show though.

On 4/6/2023 at 9:10 AM, WyattSheepMask said:

I don’t think they’ll be under any illusion that they’ll fill the place from the off. Sell it section by section then open up sections further back. 40,000+ will be very respectable.

But as others have said, you’ve got to admire the ambition.

On 4/6/2023 at 9:20 AM, Supremo said:

They'll need big mainstream press to sell even half of the stadium. And that's why it's got to be Sting vs. MJF for the Title. With Sting winning after jumping off a balcony.

On 4/6/2023 at 9:52 AM, Daddymagic said:

I'll be shocked if they sell 30k tickets. 

Clearly has money to burn does TS, but won't be a good look. When Wembley is empty it looks verrrry empty and soulless. 

On 4/6/2023 at 9:57 AM, simonworden said:

I'd be very surprised if they are planning a set up of more than half the building. They'll either keep people low or cut off half the stadium. 30,000 would be a great number and I'd love them to do 50,000 plus. How's their coverage in mainland Europe these days? I'd be going if I was able to absolutely.

On 4/6/2023 at 9:58 AM, LaGoosh said:

I'm almost certain we'll get Saraya vs Hayter on the show but it's unlikely to be the main event. Or TK is going to shell out the big bucks for Sasha Banks vs Hayter. That would be a genuine main event I think.

30K is still a lot of tickets. If the production team can make 30k in Wembley look and sound good for TV then that'll be a success for them I imagine.

just some posts from the first few pages. Madness that this is now the biggest selling wrestling event ever. Even I thought this was a mad endeavour.

The PPV angle has been the one major bungle. They either knew it would be a PPV from the start. Expected lower than normal buys due to the time difference. So were willing to keep All Out on the calendar to boost the total numbers for the year. 

Or they thought they had something else lined up and failed in delivering.

54 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

The PPV angle has been the one major bungle. They either knew it would be a PPV from the start. Expected lower than normal buys due to the time difference. So were willing to keep All Out on the calendar to boost the total numbers for the year. 

Or they thought they had something else lined up and failed in delivering.

Why a bungle? Seems they believe their audiance will buy twice given loyalty of buyrates so far. Wembley availability probably biggest factor in dates being so close, move all out and you lose some of the holiday weekend for domestic travel stateside 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Louch said:

Why a bungle? Seems they believe their audiance will buy twice given loyalty of buyrates so far. Wembley availability probably biggest factor in dates being so close, move all out and you lose some of the holiday weekend for domestic travel stateside 

There was talk it was going to go on Max in the states as part of an AEW streaming service. I believe that’s delayed due to Fite (who have said that people who bought their annual AEW+ service will not be able to renew next year). 

I'm pretty out of the loop with AEW (I watched the latest Collision but hadn't seen much this past year before that). I'm going to this event so need to pick up storylines/characters.

Anyone have any suggestions on where would be a good place to pick up from/matches worth watching? Cheers

Mu apologise in advance if I'm asking this in the wrong topic, but does anyone know if any news on whether CM Punk is going to be on this show? 

I'm surprised to hear how many tickets they have already sold for this show, I didn't have any clue AEW was that popular in the UK.  Good on them though, hopefully it will turn out to be a fantastic show. 

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Gooner said:

Mu apologise in advance if I'm asking this in the wrong topic, but does anyone know if any news on whether CM Punk is going to be on this show? 

I'm surprised to hear how many tickets they have already sold for this show, I didn't have any clue AEW was that popular in the UK.  Good on them though, hopefully it will turn out to be a fantastic show. 

Yeah he's definitely going to be on the show. He cut a promo two weeks ago and pretty much confirmed it.