AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

3 hours ago, 69MeDon said:

I assume they'd have some ability to move the stage back and open up other areas, if ticket sales indicated they could do so?

Probably be the upper tiers to either side opened. Read elsewhere that some Wembley events get limited by the council so may be “just” 60k they are permitted 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Nick James said:

Official seating plan is now up on Ticketmaster, very ambitious and if filled, is going to look fantastic:

At those prices, I sincerely hope not. I've spent a fair amount following wrestling in my time but if you're spending ÂŁ400 on a ticket to a single show, I think you should be shot.

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, air_raid said:

At those prices, I sincerely hope not. I've spent a fair amount following wrestling in my time but if you're spending ÂŁ400 on a ticket to a single show, I think you should be shot.

This is a huge PPV. To compare it to WWE's last stadium show, Wrestlemania, here were some prices: 

Tickets for the first night of WrestleMania 39 start at $67 per TicketSmarter. 

Prices then range from $70, $80, $90, $100, $200, $300, $400, $500, $600, $700, $800, $900, $1,000, $2,000, $3,000, $4,000, $5,000, $6,000, $9,000, $10,000, $15,000, and $16,000. 

Some further context, my wife bought tickets for my daughter to see Harry Styles at Wembly this year. Cost over ÂŁ100 each and that was in a cheaper section.

Smackdown /MITB at the o2 Started at ÂŁ76 up to ÂŁ923 according to ticketmaster.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

This is a huge PPV. To compare it to WWE's last stadium show, Wrestlemania, here were some prices: 

In other words, to compare it to some prices paid by some other people that should be shot.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

To compare it to Wrestlemania would be daft. 

Both Stadium shows. I am not saying it's the same spectacle as Wrestlemania but it is the first PPV outside North America, one of their main PPV's and in a stadium. Should I compare it to Clash at the Castle instead?

CATC - Following the pre-sale today, ticket prices were confirmed as floor seating (mostly covered by hospitality offerings but otherwise) priced between £112.50 to £1,687.50, lower tier seats starting at £67.50 to £450, middle tier seats starting at £168.75 to £450, and upper tier seats start at £39.50 to £281.25.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

3 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Should I compare it to Clash at the Castle instead

If you want to, that isn’t seen as the biggest wrestling show of the year with nearly 40 years of mainstream crossover appeal. If people want to spend 400 quid on a wrestling show, that’s up to them. The £30 ones are the ones that’ll entice new or lapsed fans so good to see there’s a good amount of them. 

• Paid Members
8 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Show hyped with An Important announcement from the “head of the company” that will rock the foundation of The WWE.

Announces a new belt. Tony Khan is living rent free. HHH trying to pop those rating up from last week.

And it seems that Summerslam '92 is living rent free in Tony's though Scorchio, but let's not compare AEW and WWE, nobody needs that.

There have been a lot of things said about Tony Khan, positive and negative but you have to admire his ambition.