AEW London 2023

Hannibal Scorch

8 minutes ago, TobyK said:

I know he gets heat on here, I’m also a bit tired of him, but the crowd and Jericho is gonna be absolutely loving Wembley stadium shouting along to Judas…it will be a rockstar moment for him. Can’t think of many more who will get a bigger pop, just considering there will be a large portion of casual fans who will be going for a day/night out 

Yeah the roster are gonna be buzzing for this I expect…most should be naturally elevated by the moment, but there will no doubt be some performers who will stumble at the occasion. 

With All Out the following week, I have no clue to what the card will finally be like. Or are we thinking it will be more of a showcase card where they just put on top matches, with some light storyline in there? WWF Rebellion-esq

Probably mostly showcase I imagine. They can still incorporate storyline to an extent. Might not be a bad thing, get a couple of "dream" matches in. Probably better and more storyline driven than Rebellion, as I imagine they will have 1 big storyline for it. 

Edited by westlondonmist

At the risk of repeating myself, you’re almost better at that amount than you are getting stuck between 50k and 70k.

At 50-70 you probably still have to stage it like a full arena, and risk it looking patchy or empty.

At 35/40, you could get creative with ring placement and have a visually full looking arena.

But, with day 1 sales of 35k, very hard to see them voluntarily choosing to stick at 40k. I can believe they drew up contingencies for 40k though and what that would look like from a layout and staffing perspective. Copp probably just had the contingency plans leaked to him. Whopper.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

It amazes me people with actual power and influence put this much time and effort into Twitter.

Just sell more tickets and Copp will be shown to be demonstrably wrong. Arguing with him on Twitter is just pointless.

2 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

It amazes me people with actual power and influence put this much time and effort into Twitter.

Just sell more tickets and Copp will be shown to be demonstrably wrong. Arguing with him on Twitter is just pointless.

Tony knows what he's doing. 

He's pointed to Coppinger and yelled "Nick Khan stooge" and people have gone "oh, Nick Khan has stooges in the media" 

Is there any chance seats get upgraded then? If they don’t sell out the whole building?

We’re in Level 2 (block 211) so doubt we’d be moved much closer. But if you’re up in the nosebleeds and they decide to tarp the top level, what happens then?

20 minutes ago, Pinc said:

Is there any chance seats get upgraded then? If they don’t sell out the whole building?

We’re in Level 2 (block 211) so doubt we’d be moved much closer. But if you’re up in the nosebleeds and they decide to tarp the top level, what happens then?

Yeah they'll move you. They probably have plans for increments at 5k or so, and at some point will make a decision.

It's easily done and not as much of a faff as people think.

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

That’s an enormous achievement and they should be buzzing, but it’s the next >40k after that that is the real slog.

They haven't announced a single person, let alone match, on the card yet, there's still the O2 presale to go, and then still general release on Friday. So there will likely be two more big surges in sales just this week, with the combination of more tickets being made available and people who didn't get tickets right away starting to get FOMO, and then likely more big pushes as matches are announced.

If, as seems almost certain, CM Punk is coming back and working this show, then I imagine we'll see more tickets sold when he first shows back up in AEW, and again when his match is announced for Wembley. If rumours of Sting's retirement match happening on this show turn out to be true, then that'll be another uptick. Last minute sales on top of that, plus the inevitable media blitz that hasn't started yet.

We're not going to see another 30,000+ sold in a single day, but I'd be amazed if this doesn't at least scrape 70k.