CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

I’m not convinced he’ll be in WWE by Survivor Series. But if he’s coming in to wrestle at all, presumably it’s for the Rumble to Wrestlemania stretch?

The thing is, even if he is talking up Triple H, or trying to make amends with the company as a whole, they surely couldn’t have him wrestling many matches. In the last 18 months he’s been World Champion twice, and managed to get himself injured instantly – also twice. Aside from who he might be backstage, his body just doesn’t seem capable of doing anything other than a really part time schedule.

I agree with those that have mentioned him being in the Hall Of Fame. Have him come back, pose awkwardly backstage with Vince and Triple H, do his speech, turn up on the stage the next day at Wrestlemania, have tears in his eyes as the fans chant “one more match”, then leave it there.

Having said all of that, the Doctor that was at the centre of that lawsuit has long since left WWE, so Punk will probably be back shortly!

Also – and I know this thread isn’t about him – but what happens to Jack Perry? Is he going to be fired too?

So it turns out Meltzer's lengthy reporting of this in the most recent WON was accurate? Punk lunged at Tony, thus sealing his own fate: dismissed for cause, no payout. Fucking LOL.

It's honestly a shame it all wound up like this, but clearly Punk has some serious fucking issues. 

Edited by 69MeDon

21 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Will CM Punk follow his own advice?

"Go suck a blood money covered dick in Saudi Arabia you fucking dork."

Someone that supposedly wouldn't have Justin Roberts announce his matches going to work for the WWE where Vince is still the token figurehead for the money and ego. Proper middle aged punk rocker.

You're getting angry at a hypothetical situation that hasn't happened. 

Calm down.

• Paid Members

Just before Collision last night Tony put his head in the lion's mouth and addressed the crowd. Quite a bit of stammering, and a lot of it was overtly defensive, but you can't see this and say his heart's not in the right place. (part 2 is inside the thread)

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, seph said:

Just before Collision last night Tony put his head in the lion's mouth and addressed the crowd. Quite a bit of stammering, and a lot of it was overtly defensive, but you can't see this and say his heart's not in the right place. (part 2 is inside the thread)

It’s probably the best way to immediately deflect heat onto himself than let the roster go out and get mauled all night.

3 minutes ago, FelatioLips said:

It’s probably the best way to immediately deflect heat onto himself than let the roster go out and get mauled all night.

This is the thing, besides being a bit flat this week, I wouldn’t say the Chicago crowd have particularly cared.

The worst thing about all of this for Punk is, he’s just become lame. He’s not the cool anti-establishment figure anymore, he’s the drunk centrist dad moaning on Facebook because he feels politically homeless.

I really don’t understand this place sometimes.

Merely a week ago in the AEW London thread, everyone there was almost unanimously rallying behind Khan, and the way he’s running AEW.

All of this comes out gradually and he’s called to make a big decision, send a message, get rid of the bad egg, etc.

He does exactly that, and somehow he’s the bad person.

I’m a Punk fan, his was the only piece of merchandise I purchased last weekend, yet it’s evident he wasn’t long for AEW, and for the sake of that company, the right decision has been made I believe.