CM Punk chat

LaGoosh

Left field opinion here. Maybe Punk is recruiting for the Saturday night show. Impact do have guys on short term deals and Punk as well as saying hi to people was maybe doing some scouting for Collision. 

Also if you watch Punk become Muffin Man at All Out again, he makes references that suggest he might actually some stake or points in the AEW. He says "I'm trying to run a business here" 

1 hour ago, Tsurutagun said:

Left field opinion here. Maybe Punk is recruiting for the Saturday night show. Impact do have guys on short term deals and Punk as well as saying hi to people was maybe doing some scouting for Collision. 

Also if you watch Punk become Muffin Man at All Out again, he makes references that suggest he might actually some stake or points in the AEW. He says "I'm trying to run a business here" 

Doubt that'd go down well regardless of how short term the deals are. 

He doesn’t look great. I appreciate we’ve been in a ‘diminishing returns’ phase with his look for some time, but it’s getting to the point where his look alone should exclude him from the main event of a big wrestling show.

He’s starting to look like his own Gillberg.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

The “I’m trying to run a business line” to me just sounded like any manager in any job who gets too much self importance to what their role actually brings. Usually people about 8 levels below those who really run things 

• Paid Members

Joey Janela knows the score. You can’t be letting someone waltz around these locker rooms when he doesn’t even know who Ivan Drago is. Absolute weirdo.

Recent photos suggest Punk has shaved his head. Shades of his heel run in WWE. It’s such a shame that’s probably the last thing they’re planning. If he’s carrying the Saturday show and they’re trying to get Jericho onside for his first big feud, then you assume he’s going to be top babyface. What a drag. Of all the ways he could come back, that would be the last interesting.

If you must bring him back and risk another meltdown, at least cash in on Brawl Out. Have him jump the rail in Chicago and go after the Young Bucks. Have security dragging him away as he tries to bite Kenny Omega. Does anyone other than Dax want him to come back as the returning hero, wrestling in his own bubble?!

12 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Joey Janela knows the score. You can’t be letting someone waltz around these locker rooms when he doesn’t even know who Ivan Drago is. Absolute weirdo.

Recent photos suggest Punk has shaved his head. Shades of his heel run in WWE. It’s such a shame that’s probably the last thing they’re planning. If he’s carrying the Saturday show and they’re trying to get Jericho onside for his first big feud, then you assume he’s going to be top babyface. What a drag. Of all the ways he could come back, that would be the last interesting.

If you must bring him back and risk another meltdown, at least cash in on Brawl Out. Have him jump the rail in Chicago and go after the Young Bucks. Have security dragging him away as he tries to bite Kenny Omega. Does anyone other than Dax want him to come back as the returning hero, wrestling in his own bubble?!

Him and Khan. 

2 hours ago, Supremo said:

I actually reckon you could - if they wanted do - run a Jericho/Punk feud with Punk as the heel that might be quite compelling in 2023, but not if it's heel Jericho.

Although obviously either way that is a massive step down from having him up against The Elite, and Omega especially.

19 hours ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

He doesn’t look great. I appreciate we’ve been in a ‘diminishing returns’ phase with his look for some time, but it’s getting to the point where his look alone should exclude him from the main event of a big wrestling show.

For a 44 year old dude who's spent his life throwing his body around a wrestling ring he actually looks pretty good I think. 

Granted, he doesn't look like he's hitting the workout machines at 6am like the "real wrestlers" do on the daily, which makes it all the more fantastic that he's generating more news headlines than a million flippety-flops off the top of a cage just by wandering around a carpark and meeting some old pals backstage.

It must really grate on a lot of the tanned, pumped and chiseled types who are busting a hump to get on top that some guy who looks and dresses like he should be pals with Bam Margera is still the talk of the industry despite not even stepping in a wrestling ring in God knows how long.

16 minutes ago, David said:

For a 44 year old dude who's spent his life throwing his body around a wrestling ring he actually looks pretty good I think. 

Granted, he doesn't look like he's hitting the workout machines at 6am like the "real wrestlers" do on the daily, which makes it all the more fantastic that he's generating more news headlines than a million flippety-flops off the top of a cage just by wandering around a carpark and meeting some old pals backstage.

It must really grate on a lot of the tanned, pumped and chiseled types who are busting a hump to get on top that some guy who looks and dresses like he should be pals with Bam Margera is still the talk of the industry despite not even stepping in a wrestling ring in God knows how long.

…and breathe.

If it helps, I think a wrestling ‘look’ is one that looks like it’s physically able to meet the reasonable expectations of the character. Brock Lesnar has a good look to be Brock Lesnar; John Cena for John Cena; Daniel Bryan for Daniel Bryan; Otis for Otis; Rey Mysterio for Rey Mysterio.

In the same way as it wouldn’t make sense for Roman Reigns to come out on Raw tonight and say ‘Gee whillickers pals, I can’t quite believe that I’m still Champion… isn’t it just swell’, I think look is an extension of character as much as costume or moveset or promo style.

CM Punk has never been ripped, or whatever you think I’m complaining about. But he looked like a convincing CM Punk. Which is all you can ever ask for (and I’ve been a pretty big Punk apologist through the years).

Currently, he looks thin and tired and like his body is only ever one ill advised crowd surf away from a 6 month hiatus in a private Alabama medical facility.

Still, if generating headlines is how we’re measuring an acts worth these days… sure.

Edited by d-d-d-dAz

6 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

…and breathe.

If it helps, I think a wrestling ‘look’ is one that looks like it’s physically able to meet the reasonable expectations of the character. Brock Lesnar has a good look to be Brock Lesnar; John Cena for John Cena; Daniel Bryan for Daniel Bryan; Otis for Otis; Rey Mysterio for Rey Mysterio.

In the same way as it wouldn’t make sense for Roman Reigns to come out on Raw tonight and say ‘Gee whillickers pals, I can’t quite believe that I’m still Champion… isn’t it just swell’, I think look is an extension of character as much as costume or moveset or promo style.

CM Punk has never been ripped, or whatever you think I’m complaining about. But he looked like a convincing CM Punk. Which is all you can ever ask for (and I’ve been a pretty big Punk apologist through the years).

Currently, he looks thin and tired and like his body is only ever one ill advised crowd surf away from a 6 month hiatus in a private Alabama medical facility.

Still, if generating headlines is how we’re measuring an acts worth these days… sure.

Think you may need to breathe a bit.

8 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

the same way as it wouldn’t make sense for Roman Reigns to come out on Raw tonight and say ‘Gee whillickers pals, I can’t quite believe that I’m still Champion… isn’t it just swell’,

Or indeed "suffering succotash"

Punk looks fine (I still think he's very attractive but then I always have) and it's not as if he's ever been chiselled or anything.

Also, can you all stop trying to will this bloody Jericho feud into the world as I will lay the blame on you all when it happens.