The General Politics Thread v2.0 (AKA the "Labour are Cunts" thread)

David

19 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Has no cunt seen The Wall or something?

I presume not!  Or listened to the album, for that matter.  If we're going to start to take every single bit of imagery used in works of art out of context Steven Speilberg is going to be shitting himself over Schindler's List.

I remember seeing Waters in Hyde Park and he's certainly not shy about wearing his politics on his sleeve, but neo-fascism is not it.

It’s fucking staggering how many of the usual crew are going after Waters with their complete lack of understanding and compound ignorance. The first bit I saw was the Anne Frank / Shireen Ali Akleh pic, where their names were on a screen saying they were both killed by a violent State. No idea why they went after those two names and not any of the other names that were used, but not mentioned in their attack on Waters. 

Then there was the Star Of David on the pig. Forgetting to mention that a crucifix and star and crescent were also on it along with corporate logos. 

And finally saying he was dressed as an SS officer despite the uniform having the hammer logo FROM THE FUCKING FILM WHERE A ROCK STAR HAS A HALLUCINOGENIC BREAKDOWN WHERE HE THINKS HES A FASCIST LEADER LIKE THE ONES THAT KILLED HIS FATHER. I even seen one guy argue he was wearing the logo of the Hammerskins, a fascist group who came about years after The Wall and took the logo from that. 

It’s almost as if they are weaponising antisemitism or something.

The Wall is, in my opinion, one of the best works about the horrors of war and the effect it has on those left behind, on repressed grief and isolation. One thing it certainly isn’t, is fascistic. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2023 at 2:57 PM, David said:

So yeah, it definitely looks like Sturgeon was getting out of dodge before the ship finally sinks.

Seems she didn't get on the lifeboat quickly enough. How some people in Scotland can still see the SNP as a legitimate political [party worth voting for is incredible.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, David said:

Seems she didn't get on the lifeboat quickly enough. How some people in Scotland can still see the SNP as a legitimate political [party worth voting for is incredible.

Have you heard of a party down in England we have in England called the Conservatives? They seem to also be in Scotland and Wales but no one seems to pay much attention to them there

34 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

Have you heard of a party down in England we have in England called the Conservatives? They seem to also be in Scotland and Wales but no one seems to pay much attention to them there

Not true. Pretty much the entirety of North Wales is blue now. That’ll change next election.

• Paid Members
7 minutes ago, Butch2000 said:

Not true. Pretty much the entirety of North Wales is blue now. That’ll change next election.

What sort of direction, do you reckon? I'm hoping Plaid will take it, but is it more likely to go back to Labour?

Just now, Hannibal Scorch said:

Yeah, but I'm talking about Scotland. And the SNP.