Air Fryers

Bus Surfer

• Awards Moderator

My beloved Tefal Actifry has died after 11 years service. I'm in the market for a new airfryer and the market is very different now. Which model do you have? Do you recommend it?

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Onyx2 said:

My beloved Tefal Actifry has died after 11 years service. I'm in the market for a new airfryer and the market is very different now. Which model do you have? Do you recommend it?

We got a Ninja Foodi last year - two drawers, and it's been a great acquisition. Not quite a game-changer for us, but definitely has helped a ton with our cooking in general. Has various modes - Fry, Roast, Bake, Max Crisp (this is very good), and Dehydrate as well (not used it, but I haven't really figured out what it is I'd be dehydrating). Has Synch and Match modalities, so that you can co-ordinate both drawers with each other. 

If you do get a Ninja, strongly recommend following the advice someone gave me on here (apologies to whomever it was that I can't remember, please don't kill me), and go directly to their website, as they offer the biggest discounts.

I have the same one as @Carbomb but the single drawer version due to lack of storage space. I would highly recommend it, it's a great air fryer.

I think the dehydration mode is mainly for making dried fruit from what I can tell so dried apple is an easy one to start with. Dried mango is the best dried fruit but I've never tried to make it myself

• Awards Moderator
39 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

If you do get a Ninja, strongly recommend following the advice someone gave me on here (apologies to whomever it was that I can't remember, please don't kill me), and go directly to their website, as they offer the biggest discounts.

Thanks for the tip but I will be going to Amazon as I have gift cards to spend. Annoyingly it was at it's lowest ever price last week! Thanks for the advice both. I will keep looking.

• Paid Members

We have one of the Ninja Foodi Max things, the big all-in-one without drawers but has different lids and stuff. It’s been great for us as mainly an air fryer and a rice cooker. Funnily enough not a big fan of it as a slow cooker in terms of lack of thickening.

• Paid Members

We have the Ninja AF300 which is the 7.6L version with the 2 drawers. 

I absolutely love it. Really never use the oven now unless I'm cooking a pizza. However, I do wish I'd gotten the AF400 (9.5L) as sometimes the drawers can get a little crammed. 

Edited by Silky Kisser

3 hours ago, Carbomb said:

We got a Ninja Foodi last year

I upgraded to this from my smaller Ninja last year too! Mainly because the two drawer system works great when one of you is a vegetarian. We have a designated drawer for my food and one for hers so there’s no cross contamination. 

I fucking love my air fryer, me. 

I didn't know how much we would use the air fryer (we use it a lot) so I got the one drawer thinking it would be better for saving space too, but I now wish we had got the two drawer as much like yourself @Keith Houchen we would have benefited from a vegetarian drawer and a meat drawer.

12 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

I upgraded to this from my smaller Ninja last year too! Mainly because the two drawer system works great when one of you is a vegetarian. We have a designated drawer for my food and one for hers so there’s no cross contamination. 

I fucking love my air fryer, me. 

One day we'll see you on the front page of the Daily Sport.

"I love my air fryer so much...thats why I stuck my nob in the drawer and now we're married" 

4 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

One day we'll see you on the front page of the Daily Sport.

"I love my air fryer so much...thats why I stuck my nob in the drawer and now we're married" 

It’s not called the meat drawer for nothing. 

• Paid Members

My wife swears blind that she loves ro cook, so I bought her a 2 drawer Ninja air fryer for Christmas.

In actual fact I'm the only one to use it up to now. But what a fucking brilliant bit of kit. A roast potato and sausage tray bake went from over an hour to 25 minutes. Healthier, quicker, less cleaning. I'm on board.

• Awards Moderator

Thanks. I've been a bit anti-ninja with how ubiquitous they are but I can't find anyone with anything negative to say about them, especially the two drawer jobby.