Air Fryers

Bus Surfer

• Paid Members

These things seem to be very popular at the minute and all the talk of finely cooked sausages has pushed me over the edge. 

I'm sure a few people on here have them so I'm looking for some advice and recommendations on what to get. Recipes and do's and don'ts.

Are they really as good as people say? Can I make a full roast dinner in it? Are you saving shit loads of cash and time? 

I'm eyeing up the Ninja Foodi 7.6l which has the 2 drawers. We're only a household of 2 so I assume that will be plenty big enough for us. 

Air Fryer masters, please lend a hand 

• Paid Members

We bought this one from Argos when it was on sale - https://bit.ly/3YqmM5Q (shortened the link because the actual Argos link is like War & Peace)

It's not double-drawered but it does the job. Works a treat - a big time saver and cooks just as well if not better than the oven. Recommend giving them a good clean asap after finishing though otherwise sometimes the remnants are a bugger to scrub off, especially some sizzling sausages. But for a simpleton like me who will never be Ainsley Harriott, it's been a wonderful purchase. 

11 minutes ago, Silky Kisser said:

I'm eyeing up the Ninja Foodi 7.6l which has the 2 drawers. We're only a household of 2 so I assume that will be plenty big enough for us. 

My air fryer changed my life. It’s a Ninja with a 5.2l drawer and it’s grand for the both of us. To be honest a two drawer may have been better because my girlfriend is a veggie so on fish and chips night, I have to use the regular oven. 

It does save a lot of money and knowing of an evening if I’m peckish, I can have a bowl of chips and onion rings in ten minutes. 

Join the fryoneers and follow in their steps!!

• Paid Members
26 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

The excellent and slightly shambolic Mike Jeavons has just started a week using an Air Fryer. He likes convenience so he should give you some good ideas

Big fan of Mike and seeing the opening video was a big push for me to get one. 

Hopefully he's stopped using those liners at this point. 

42 minutes ago, Onyx2 said:

The excellent and slightly shambolic Mike Jeavons has just started a week using an Air Fryer. He likes convenience so he should give you some good ideas

If you copy any of his ideas do not use liners. The thing is called an AIR fryer. It works by moving the heat around with a fan. This idiot is blocking the air from heating food from underneath, then wondering why the bottom isn't cooked.

I don't mind Mike Jeavons for entertainment, like when he spends a week eating just Greggs but is a completely inept cook which he admits himself. Basically any other youtuber would be better for air fryer recipes. Pro Home Cooks if you want some really good ones.

• Paid Members

I honestly use mine every day.  Makes the greatest pork chops I have ever had, and crispy skinned baked spuds in 45 minutes.  I have a Ninja Grill and a Foodie 15 in 1 and love them both.

• Awards Moderator
1 hour ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

I don't mind Mike Jeavons for entertainment, like when he spends a week eating just Greggs but is a completely inept cook which he admits himself. Basically any other youtuber would be better for air fryer recipes. Pro Home Cooks if you want some really good ones.

The fact that he's inept in the kitchen (though I don't know how given how many food challenges he's done) is why I'd recommend him; he does things that show even a fool can work with it.

• Paid Members

Buy the biggest you can afford. I say this as we went from a 4l to a 5.6l and now a 12l (it’s one of those Ninja ones which is like a small table top oven). Our oven broke and we bought the Ninja to effectively replace it. It’s got shelves so you use it like you would an oven. It’s brilliant although cleaning it is a right pain. But it’s cheaper to run than an oven, quick to heat up and quicker to cook food. Game changer.

1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

The fact that he's inept in the kitchen (though I don't know how given how many food challenges he's done) is why I'd recommend him; he does things that show even a fool can work with it.

Seemingly he can't even use an air fryer properly though. Sticking liners in and blocking the air flow is defeating the purpose of an air fryer and should be pointed out. He is just grilling the food then saying why is the bottom not cooked properly. His own comment section are rinsing him for it. 

It is ridiculous how easy to use an air fryer is. You can just chuck frozen chips in it and they taste 10x better than an oven but he would screw that up.

Edit - In his latest one he gets a Tesco ready meal pasta and just stabs some holes in the top of the thin plastic then puts it in the air fryer like it is a microwave. Then complains about a burning smell whilst cooking.

I said above his videos are fun to watch as he screws up any cooking and will add his cat is cute but if you are new to air frying I would basically not do anything he is doing here unless you fancy possibly setting your new air fryer and kitchen on fire.

Edited by Cousin Jim Bob