31 minutes ago, Nick James said:

I'm a little over MJF and his promos at this point. From the promo about a car crash to a promo talking about suicide and concussions. I get what he was going for with the concussion stuff, but it just didn't work for me and MJF is at the point where I roll my eyes when he comes out with a mic.  

That's kind of how I'm feeling. In isolation, it was a good promo - but we've head it before, or at least, a version of it. His mic work seems to consist of either try-hard, purposely offensive material, or lines about how shit his life has been; and how that has made him this way. There's a middle ground between these extremes, which he hasn't yet discovered. The extreme, purposely offensive stuff can get in the bin, it's weak. There's room for the other stuff, but only in moderation. In the space of a year, we've had him cut similar promos about Punk, Regal and now his ex. I'm sure we've heard other stuff in between. I look forward to finding out who let him down next.

Outside of that, this show, to me, was more along the lines of what they should be doing on a weekly basis in terms of structure - but it's too little, too late in terms of selling me on Revolution. I'm not sure what they can do to heat up that show now, it's the culmination of a series of bad booking decisions. 

I hope they get back on track once this PPV is said and done. 

3 minutes ago, The King of Old School said:

Then I forget that they will need to add the Trios, TBS, All Atlantic title matches, as well as Swerve/Lee and whatever else they feel they can squeeze on there.

It's wishful thinking, but I really hope they have a title cull before the end of the year. Ditch the All-Atlantic belt, ditch the trios belt, get rid of the FTW belt and maybe even unify the TBS and Women's World title. 

I get complete fatigue from MJF promos now, too. He's almost like the heel AEW version of that thing people pick up on with Cody's new stuff too where the act's almost too polished, too bullet point for bullet point, all adding to an intensity that can be weirdly off putting as a viewer. Only I'd argue you can see through the veneer more with MJF. He talks so much about his worth, what a massive star he is, the bidding war of 2024 etc that its sort of caused this discrepancy where it's more obvious he's not really a massive star at all, just a good to great TV baddie. 

I get that that's probably a pretty harsh reading of him because trying to verbally add inches to your height and thinking you're better than you are are classic heel moves but it's how I feel about him right now. The more exposed he's gotten the more I get a big fish, small pond vibe off him. 

• Paid Members
Just now, RedRooster said:

It's wishful thinking, but I really hope they have a title cull before the end of the year. Ditch the All-Atlantic belt, ditch the trios belt, get rid of the FTW belt and maybe even unify the TBS and Women's World title. 

I agree, although, it's not necessarily that there's too many belts for  me, it's that they all get defended in the same way. I think there are creative solutions to get around some of these belts without ditching them entirely or doing anything too drastic. 

For a bit there it seemed like the All-Atlantic was going to be mostly defended outside AEW, which kinda makes sense. I love the idea of it being almost an excursion title, and you see highlights of it on a quick recap on Dynamite.  Would also give the company a more global feel without actually having to do much. Fuck it, put it on a Kip Sabian or someone who is equally doing fuck all else and have them defend it in DDT or on UK shows or in Mexico. 

The Trios have a place, but could be used more sporadically, and intertwined into specific existing feuds a bit more rather than existing as an island (although that might be just because of who the title holder are). 

The FTW belt should just not be defended as a normal belt and just exists as a prop that gets defended a couple of times a year at most. Or something that gets wheeled out when it makes sense to the story rather than an ever-present.  It shouldn't be a normal belt.

Agree on unifying the two women's belts unless Cargill vacates or they start doing a better job with the division to an extent where they can justify a second belt.

These are just off the top of my head, but there's loads of ways they could utilise the belts they have without having to get shot of them.  

• Paid Members

I've only seen Wheeler vs Orange but it was an absolutely great match and I think Wheeler would made a fantastic little shit head heel. Shame they didn't build this match up properly as there's a genuinely good little backstory to it they could have used over the past few weeks but instead they just jammed it all into the split screen during Wheeler's entrance. 

A heel turn for BCC is just what this company needs. Arrogant Danielson, psycho Mox, nasty little cunt hiding behind his tough mates Yuta and miserable, super strong big brother Claudio to protect them all. It'd be so brilliant.

11 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

A heel turn for BCC is just what this company needs. Arrogant Danielson, psycho Mox, nasty little cunt hiding behind his tough mates Yuta and miserable, super strong big brother Claudio to protect them all. It'd be so brilliant.

100%.

A War Games match of those 4 vs The Elite with a returning Hangman would be incredible.

• Paid Members
54 minutes ago, mim731 said:

For a bit there it seemed like the All-Atlantic was going to be mostly defended outside AEW, which kinda makes sense. I love the idea of it being almost an excursion title, and you see highlights of it on a quick recap on Dynamite.  Would also give the company a more global feel without actually having to do much. Fuck it, put it on a Kip Sabian or someone who is equally doing fuck all else and have them defend it in DDT or on UK shows or in Mexico. 

That's what I hoped, and assumed, it would be from when PAC held it. I love Orange Cassidy, but I don't know think that having another title that's basically open challenge rules like the TNT belt really helps anyone. I also don't think Cassidy needs a title at all.

I guess it doesn't really benefit AEW TV that much to have a title that's defended elsewhere half the time, but they could put the matches on Dark, play clips on Dynamite and Rampage, and it does make AEW feel bigger and part of a wider wrestling world, which has always been part of its appeal compared to the much more insular WWE.

It would also be a handy political bargaining chip for AEW - they've fallen out with AAA recently, and they've had to pull Jon Moxley from an OTT show he was heavily advertised for. In situations like that, where it might be handy for AEW to butter up other companies they work with and keep them happy, being able to offer them an actual AEW-sanctioned title defence is a nice option to have. But again, it doesn't really benefit AEW so much, when they're always the majority partner in these relationships anyway.

Turned into a good show I thought.

Agree on MJF. I think when I started to really buy into him was when his character was so conflicted. The feud with Punk brought out the best in him and his run to the title belt was excellent with the shades. This was his best promo in a while, and he still has time to reboot himself, but we need a bit more.

Hangman/Mox just have great chemistry. Brilliant

PPV looking good!

3 hours ago, FelatioLips said:

That Jericho/Starks segment was brutal, especially as I have the awful feeling that the "no JAS" thing is going to lead to Action Andretti turning on Starks and joining the JAS post-match.

Or Starks says something like 'you didn't read what you signed did ya? We're doing this in a cage!'