• Paid Members

Even if you ignore the sex pest stuff - what exactly does this manky old man have to offer? He can't cut promos, he can't bump, he looks like absolute shit. What can you even do with him?

The only positive I can think of is that if he does have a match he will almost definitely die.

9 minutes ago, LaGoosh said:

Even if you ignore the sex pest stuff - what exactly does this manky old man have to offer? He can't cut promos, he can't bump, he looks like absolute shit. What can you even do with him?

With the way the press release gives prominence to Flair's own venture, it wouldn't surprise me if the deal's pretty much just "Hawk my energy drink and you can say Ric Flair's a part of AEW". He'll be a legacy signing wheeled out about as much as Bret Hart was on WCW broadcasts in 2000. 

3 minutes ago, Gay as FOOK said:

With the way the press release gives prominence to Flair's own venture, it wouldn't surprise me if the deal's pretty much just "Hawk my energy drink and you can say Ric Flair's a part of AEW". He'll be a legacy signing wheeled out about as much as Bret Hart was on WCW broadcasts in 2000. 

Does appear that way. Is this the beginning of the end? So strapped for cash they agree to a Z-tier energy drink as a sponsor with a side of sex pest.

7 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

Does appear that way. Is this the beginning of the end? So strapped for cash they agree to a Z-tier energy drink as a sponsor with a side of sex pest.

That does make business sense though. AEW get a Mount Rushmore name on the show and don’t have to pay / not pay much for it? It’s like when a big club still pays the wages for a player loaned out to another team. 

7 hours ago, Infinity Land said:

Ric Flair "I'm going to be there every week until the end of the road."

Week 2: ...

👍 for AEW's inconsistent booking.

Maybe Sniff got a look at Flair's DM's and didn't like what he saw. 

Edit. 

Bollocks. That'll teach me not to post before catching up on the thread. 

Edited by The King Of Swing

26 minutes ago, Keith Houchen said:

That does make business sense though. AEW get a Mount Rushmore name on the show and don’t have to pay / not pay much for it? It’s like when a big club still pays the wages for a player loaned out to another team. 

I've seen a handful of wrestlers promote Bang! and god knows what other tat. If they needed an exclusive energy drink sponsor that bad, they could get someone else. The money behind Woo energy can't have particularly deep pockets, or they wouldn't have picked Ric Flair to be the face of their brand.

Just checked their website and they've got their branding down.

Break the rules, be spontaneous,
and create your own joy

Grabby hands Flair to a tee.

Edited by Infinity Land