Mes que un Thread (22-23 Domestic Football, unless domestic is Scotland)

Duke

Chelsea are only ten points away from Champions League, I wouldn't rule them out yet of still finishing inside the top four if they make a managerial change very soon.  I know new people in charge but I can't see how much longer Potter can last in the position, overall he's been pretty abysmal since he took over. 

• Paid Members

If they were 10 points behind with one team to leapfrog, then I would be apprehensive to rule them out. But they have to overtake SIX teams to get there- three of which have a game in hand. I don't see them doing it, no matter who they have at the helm.

Edited by PunkStep

I imagine the fact that Arsenal and Newcastle are in there gives the rest of us plucky underdogs hope. Who will the next Chelsea manager be though? Zidane? Is it Jose’s turn again?

Edited by Mr_Danger

• Paid Members

If we get a manager with pubes in now we could turn it around, it's not even half way through the league season yet. two or three wins on the bounce and everything can change pretty quick. The standard of the top four "race" in recent years has been pitiful, there's loads of "twists and turns" (it's really just teams losing) yet to come.

We've definitely been through enough crisis to warrant a Champions League win this year, so the league position might end up moot anyway.

Edited by CleetusVanDamme

• Paid Members

Manchester United's transformation from their lowest ebb earlier in the season away at Brentford to now being just six points off the top of the table (at the time of this post) is quite something. 

Not sure what that 'something' is - worrying, unsettling, disturbing, remarkable, brilliant, fantastic. Perhaps all of the above. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

Manchester United's transformation from their lowest ebb earlier in the season away at Brentford to now being just six points off the top of the table (at the time of this post) is quite something. 

Not sure what that 'something' is - worrying, unsettling, disturbing, remarkable, brilliant, fantastic. Perhaps all of the above. 

Should have won the Derby comfortably as well. The Haaland effect on City hasn't been quite what I expected, it's great.

• Paid Members

United's turnaroubd is almost as though some hugely negative influence on the team has been removed... 

1 hour ago, Fatty Facesitter said:

It’s certainly something the home fans will be talking about on their long journey home! But yeah, it’s like ten Hag has been the manager they’ve been waiting for since SAF. The club feels like it’s been in a holding pattern for years but are once again becoming the feared club they used to be. 

I see Everton are being a normal set of fans as usual, 

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

It’s certainly something the home fans will be talking about on their long journey home

I bet they're feeling shorter and shorter now they have some decent results to celebrate. Jellied eel sales will be on the increase. 

Edited by jazzygeofferz

• Paid Members

€100m and a SEVEN AND A HALF year contract for a player that plays in a position that is well stocked and wanted another club anyway. Fuck me, this Boehly guy is taking the piss. Makes Abramovich seem like Mike Ashley.