Album Of The Day Thread

Carbomb

• 3 weeks later...

Mannequin Pussy are one of those bands who's name I see about all the time but never actually checked out. So with them releasing a new record on Friday, I thought it would be a great opportunity to give them a go. 

What an album to start with! A noisy and energetic mix of HAIM and Pixies. It's not too soft for people who like hardcore music, and not too noisy for people who don't like heavier music. It straddles all the lines perfectly and while it encompasses a lot of different sounds, they all fit together really well and nothing outstays its welcome. I'll definitely be going through their back catalogue off the strength of this.

FFO: Pixies, HAIM, Hop Along, Bully

Lee's Rating: 4 THUMBS UP

4_thumbs_up.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I only discovered these a couple of years ago but they've got new stuff coming out and thus I'm revisiting this. It's not a perfect album but it straddles the line between punk and indie rock perfectly.

On 3/4/2024 at 5:53 PM, wordsfromlee said:

Mannequin Pussy are one of those bands who's name I see about all the time but never actually checked out. So with them releasing a new record on Friday, I thought it would be a great opportunity to give them a go. 

What an album to start with! A noisy and energetic mix of HAIM and Pixies. It's not too soft for people who like hardcore music, and not too noisy for people who don't like heavier music. It straddles all the lines perfectly and while it encompasses a lot of different sounds, they all fit together really well and nothing outstays its welcome. I'll definitely be going through their back catalogue off the strength of this.

FFO: Pixies, HAIM, Hop Along, Bully

Lee's Rating: 4 THUMBS UP

4_thumbs_up.jpeg

I agree on Mannequin Pussy as well. Really good. My daughter's starting to spread her wings when it comes to music and has decided that The Last Dinner Party are 'Her Nirvana' as it were. I was ready to play her that new MP album to see what she thought of that until my wife pointed out that: a) The Album's a bit filthy. B) My daughter is 10. C) The band are called Mannequin Pussy.

Going through one of my "twee indie that I like to listen to at midnight" and this is currently favourite. 

Just a beautiful gentle, pretty album. Their album Late Developers from last year is well worth checking out as well.

Edited by SuperBacon
Spotify link didn't work. Hello Chest, hope you're well.