A Thread Dedicated to That Lad Paddy Pimblett

David

• Paid Members

I feel that if you put him back in with Gordon and he loses (again) the wheels will completely fall off. It's nailed on at that point that he's nowhere near a top level fighter. We know that now, but there are some who still won't accept it. 

The fact that he's on a good contract now should mean that he gets pushed up a bit. It may be worth putting him in with a Lauzon, Guida or god forbid Tony Ferguson who at least have some sort of name and rep (more so with Tony who's at no. 15 in the rankings) that if he does get beat, at least it was at the hands of a known name. 

It's gonna be hard to keep matching him up with fodder because getting beat by a no name guy will be far worse for him. 

• Paid Members

The bit where he claimed he beat Gordon convincingly reminded me of Shawn Michaels after the Kane debut HIAC, when he got the shit kicked out of him but said he left UT lying in a pool of blood or something. He knows it's completely untrue, so he's telling an outright lie to play the villain (not that he needs to - being a racist little cunt should be enough). 

I say keep matching him up with no-marks, let him pad out his record and keep running his mouth, then feed him to Topuria - not for the rankings, but for the payday that it would generate.

• Paid Members

I was just starting to warm to Gordon then he goes and says he likes Paddy.

I actually wouldn’t mind the rematch myself but I highly doubt it happens. For the reasons Silky mentioned above, if Gordon makes him look crap again then it pretty much kills Paddy off as having any kind of future or potential to move up the ladder at 155. Plus them going straight to an immediate rematch kind of requires the UFC to admit that the decision this time was controversial, and Dana seems more happy to shit on Gordon and the ref than accept that Paddy just didn’t look good.

The more I think about it, I really think they’re gonna go with Pimblett vs Ferguson in London. It’s the biggest name, highest ranked fight that he has a chance of winning and Ferguson isn’t gonna make it boring either. I still wouldn’t be totally sure Paddy wins that one but he likely does at this stage, sad as that is to admit. The thing then is, if he beats Ferguson, who’s ranked #15 currently, he’s in that Top 15 himself then and it’s gonna be a lot harder to protect him going forward.

Seriously, look at this Top 15 and, based on Paddy’s showing against Gordon, how many of these does he actually beat? 

08A098CA-94A0-4145-B168-25ED7AC5C7E5.jpeg

• Moderators
26 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

I really think they’re gonna go with Pimblett vs Ferguson in London

While they can keep morons buying tickets for the likes of Paddy they will. Once the shine is off him he'll be dropped like a rock.

• Paid Members

Which is what makes it hilarious to me seeing him licking Dana’s arse on that podcast when they were both taking a dump on Helwani. Paddy’s there defending fighter pay and slagging other fighters to his boss trying to score points with him. He thinks he’s special but Dana will turn on him the second he loses value or does something Dana doesn’t like. Just like he would any other fighter. 

• Paid Members

Let's not overlook the comedy value of Pimblett/McGregor getting booked. He doesn't have a chance in hell of winning it, even with the spiral McGregor seems bent on, but it might be the only fight where I'd be happy to see a Pimblett win. McGregor being beaten by the Poundland version of himself is the kind of moment that could bring the whole family together.

• Paid Members

Ferguson and McG might be the only fights I could imagine him having a chance of winning, but only based on unknown factors: we don't know how shot Ferguson is, that we have an idea how he fares against middle-level opposition, and we don't know how much the layoff and Colombian diet have affected McG. 

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

It is a battle of the twats, but let's be honest here: Paul roasts Plastic Caesar about fighter pay on a regular basis, whilst Pimblett is a shnite who bootlicks for Uncle Dana and slags off any fighter who has the temerity to ask for a decent rate in compensation for risking CTE.

I won't be watching, but I know for whom I'd be rooting.

2 hours ago, Carbomb said:

It is a battle of the twats, but let's be honest here: Paul roasts Plastic Caesar about fighter pay on a regular basis, whilst Pimblett is a shnite who bootlicks for Uncle Dana and slags off any fighter who has the temerity to ask for a decent rate in compensation for risking CTE.

I won't be watching, but I know for whom I'd be rooting.

It is Jake who fucks with Dana constantly. Can't remember Logan doing it. 

Logan has lost every celeb boxing fight he has ever had too. He has lost to fellow YouTubers like KSI. He looks a decent athlete as shown in the WWE but does not look like a successful fighter.  Paddy would most likely smoke Logan with his BJJ tbh if they ever fought.

Logan like Jake is very good at self promotion. So this is far more likely a promotion with UFC for his energy drink like Egg says.