A Thread Dedicated to That Lad Paddy Pimblett

David

So, with him making waves in recent months, pushing for a headliner at Anfield, looking for more money, and generally being an-round twat, I figured we could use a thread dedicated to the lad Paddy Pimblett.

Let's get started right, by checking out the worst 12 minutes you'll experience today, guaranteed...lad.

If you listen to their chat with your eyes closed you can pretend you're sat poolside in Benidorm. It's fucking horrific.

• Paid Members

I realise I'm an outlier here but I quite like Pimblett. I feel like the McGregor comparisons are way off tbh. Conor always felt like a fake try hard to me.

Paddy reminds me more of when Bisping broke through, a gobby twat that was obviously a bit of a scally and was hated as much as he was liked (loads of folk on here got on the Bisping train later on....after TUF I remember him catching pelters). 

I dont think Pimblett has the anywhere near the skill level, & the way he fights suggests he won't have the same length of career but for now I'm happy to see where it goes. 

Edited by Dead Mike

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Dead Mike said:

I realise I'm an outlier here but I quite like Pimblett. I feel like the McGregor comparisons are way off tbh. Conor always felt like a fake try hard to me.

Paddy reminds me more of when Bisping broke through, a gobby twat that was obviously a bit of a scally and was hated as much as he was liked (loads of folk on here got on the Bisping train later on....after TUF I remember him catching pelters). 

I dont think Pimblett has the anywhere near the skill level, & the way he fights suggests he won't have the same length of career but for now I'm happy to see where it goes. 

He posts racist shit about immigrants and ethnic minorities. As far as I'm concerned, he is a cunt.

I know I'm biased due to where the big man lives and trains, but honestly, if anyone wants an MMA fighter to get behind and identify with, get behind Paul Craig.

The guy worked for an educational charity called SkillForce helping children in schools with vocational stuff, many of whom have social, emotional and/or behavioural needs, and he intends to return to that line of work when he's done fighting.

In true Scottish fashion, once the kids found out he was an MMA fighter they asked if "the guys who do it are mental."

spacer.png

But yeah, there's plenty of decent fighters to support rather than fueling the fire and popularity of shitehawks like McGregor and Pimblett.

Edited by David

• Paid Members

Absolutely. He's become one of my favourite British fighters, not just because he seems like a good guy, but also because he's had a really odd, but fun, run in the UFC - the only guy to beat Ankalaev, done in the very last second of their bout, he's derailed at least four undefeated prospects, and his fights rarely ever go to the judges.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Anyone see TJ Dillashaw commented that Paddy ballooning up in weight between fights means he’ll never be UFC champion? Obviously Paddy responded, referencing sausages and mushrooms like a typical fatty.

Ever since this I keep seeing talk about ‘will Paddy’s going up and down in weight stop him becoming UFC champ?’ and shit. And Bisping’s put this video out;

”Will it cost him the UFC title?”…

Why’s this becoming the narrative? Of course him getting fat between fights doesn’t help but surely the thing that’s gonna prevent him becoming UFC champion is the fact that there’s about 20+ Lightweights who would murder him before he gets there? Not that he likes his daily pie and chips. He could live like GSP and he’s still never getting through that Top 15 at 155. Still find it in hilarious how people are even talking about him in the title mix after wins over Luigi Vendramini and Kazula Vargas, where both wobbled him. It’s amazing how far being a gobshite will take you in the eyes of MMA fans.

I can’t wait to see the reaction in London if Jordan Leavitt knocks him out.

• Paid Members

Yeah, the media are getting way ahead of themselves with Paddy in terms of his ceiling as a fighter. I think best case scenario for me is he scrapes the top 15, top 10 if he's giving favorable fights, he's in one of the toughest divisions in the sport. The point about him potentially harming his own chances of getting as high as he can go are valid, but a large part of Paddy's appeal is that he's one of the lads, kind of like Ricky Hatton. I don't see him changing, he is who he is.