A Thread Dedicated to That Lad Paddy Pimblett

David

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Paddy Pimblett taking shots at the media for exploiting fighters for their own personal gain whilst sat opposite Dana White is truly a magical thing. 

Helwani is pretty devisive these days but he pretty much wiped the floor with Paddy last night. 

• Paid Members

Maybe my hatred for Pamby is turning me into a conspiracy theorist, but it seemed odd to me that Topuria didn't mention Paddy once during his post fight interview, but seemingly went on to say he wanted to fight him in pretty much every other media opportunity he got after he left the cage. Its not like their beef is over, they were at each other all during fight week. 

The in cage interview just seemed full of requests that weren't gonna happen. Getting a title shot next and UFC going to Spain? Honestly felt like he was specifically told not to bring up Paddy when the spotlight and maximum eyeballs were on him. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Silky Kisser said:

Maybe my hatred for Pamby is turning me into a conspiracy theorist, but it seemed odd to me that Topuria didn't mention Paddy once during his post fight interview, but seemingly went on to say he wanted to fight him in pretty much every other media opportunity he got after he left the cage. Its not like their beef is over, they were at each other all during fight week. 

The in cage interview just seemed full of requests that weren't gonna happen. Getting a title shot next and UFC going to Spain? Honestly felt like he was specifically told not to bring up Paddy when the spotlight and maximum eyeballs were on him. 

At this point it honestly wouldn’t surprise me. The whole thing is weird. I’ve read stuff since Saturday night saying ESPN were hiding comments on an article that were saying Paddy lost and all sorts. Dana swiftly moved on when asked by the media about doing a Topuria vs Pimblett fight as well. Very strange. You’d think they’d wanna jump all over that beef. Clearly don’t have much confidence in Paddy. 

What would you guys do with Paddy if you were the UFC? I know fire him into the sun will probably be most peoples view but if you wanted to make the most of this 15 minutes of fame.

He is not like McGregor or O'Malley where he is charismatic/obnoxious so drawing in interest but also wrecking lower level UFC guys on his way up, he is going life and death with everyone. Pray he gets better ? He doesn't seem exactly like a gym rat between fights. Outside the Hatton style love of overeating between fights, he has always had a reputation here in Liverpool of hitting the town and going out on the piss. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

What would you guys do with Paddy if you were the UFC? I know fire him into the sun will probably be most peoples view but if you wanted to make the most of this 15 minutes of fame.

He is not like McGregor or O'Malley where he is charismatic/obnoxious so drawing in interest but also wrecking lower level UFC guys on his way up, he is going life and death with everyone. Pray he gets better ? He doesn't seem exactly like a gym rat between fights. Outside the Hatton style love of overeating between fights, he has always had a reputation here in Liverpool of hitting the town and going out on the piss. 

I'd do the McGregor fight. Two hateful cunts in the one cage. Winner gets the opportunity to get knocked out my Michael Chandler. Loser gets fed to Justin Gaethje.

Then I'd put the two of them in a crate, destined for the most remote parts of the Congo. Everyone's eardrums live to fight another day. 

Edited by WeeAl

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, WeeAl said:

I'd do the McGregor fight. Two hateful cunts in the one cage. Winner gets the opportunity to get knocked out my Michael Chandler. Loser gets fed to Justin Gaethje.

Then I'd put the two of them in a crate, destined for the most remote parts of the Congo. Everyone's eardrums live to fight another day. 

61C8197E-5078-4703-AEB1-33081889C14E.gif

• Paid Members
13 hours ago, Cousin Jim Bob said:

looking at it realistically, and thinking from a viewpoint that the UFC aren't going to send Paddy to the wolves at 155lb, an idea I like, and one i've not seen mentioned anywhere is a London rematch with Jared Gordon. Why not? It's a fight Paddy should have won convincingly, there's a story and the backlash to play off, and if Gordon wins have some kind of clause in there that takes them to a trilogy. That ties Paddy up for another year and keeps him somewhat protected in fights that will high profile. 

Another name I saw mentioned was a Joe Lauzon fight, would love to see that too. Maybe a Clay Guida? names fighters on the backend. You get around that top 15 slot at 155 and you got problems.

• Paid Members

I'd be up for a Clay Guida fight, I've got fond memories of him in his heyday and I'd love to see him batter the shine off of Pimblett. Maybe I'm being harsh on Paddy here but given he's struggling against a Jared Gordon I'm not sure (if I was the UFC) that I'd have faith in him to take on Guida, even a Guida in decline.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

rematch with Jared Gordon. Why not? It's a fight Paddy should have won convincingly

That’s the thing though, who says he should’ve beat Gordon convincingly and why? I genuinely think this is about Paddy’s level. People dismiss criticism like this as just being a ‘hater’ but it’s a fact that he’s really just not as good as many make out. I picked him to beat Gordon but I wasn’t exactly confident in it. There’s only so much they’re gonna be able to wrap him in cotton wool and as we’ve seen with this Gordon fight, even when they’re doing that he’s not exactly shining. What do they do if he rematches Gordon and it goes the same way? This was bad enough, if they have to rob Gordon twice it’s gonna look very fishy. 

Edited by wandshogun09