25 years since my last good wank - Happy Anniversary Channel 5

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
7 hours ago, SuperBacon said:

Didn't they also have the Terminator Chronicles show with Lena Headey?

I've also just remembered that 5 also showed Person Of Interest, which is fucking great by the way, before they started shifting it round 5Star and 5USA and all the other shit sub channels. 

Sarah Connor Chronicles was on Virgin One. 

• Paid Members
On 3/31/2022 at 12:40 AM, Butch2000 said:

Night Fever was absolutely brilliant. Also I think that 100% has a shout at being the greatest quiz show of all time. Definitely between that and 15 to 1.

But let's talk about what really mattered. The late night stuff. Jonny Gould's fantastic hosting of baseball with a Yorkie hanging out of his mouth and Mike Carlson going on about Terry Funk all the time on the NFL coverage.

Oh, and the other late night stuff. Red Shoe Diaries, the far superior Hotline, and the two Shannon's - Tweed and Whirry - having me chuck more muck than an apprentice at Red Rum's stable. A real highlight was them going into the millennium. BBC had fireworks, Channel 4 had The Big Breakfast do a special. Channel 5 showed Emmanuelle. Marvellous.

I remember that and it was advertised as the "true, uncut" version. It was still cut majorly. I think that lesbian bit in the squash court brought in 2000 on Channel 5.

• Paid Members

I’ll never forget fast forwarding a tape I’d left recording, probably a football match or match of the day, and discovering I’d accidentally taped a Shannon Tweed film at some point. She was a psychiatrist watching her client get therapy for whatever her trauma was, from behind a one-way window. Fairly obviously, the treatment for whatever trauma it was, was to have sex with another woman. Fairly sure that cures everything. We wouldn’t have needed three jabs for covid if Johnson had watched more softcore.

• Paid Members
22 minutes ago, air_raid said:

I’ll never forget fast forwarding a tape I’d left recording, probably a football match or match of the day, and discovering I’d accidentally taped a Shannon Tweed film at some point. She was a psychiatrist watching her client get therapy for whatever her trauma was, from behind a one-way window.

They're all like that.

Surprised and disappointed that nobody has mentioned Fort Boyard as of yet.

I remember Battle Dome, a shiter version of Gladiators which featured a young Terry Crews AKA T-Money.

Chelsea's 1997 Cup Winners Cup run. I didn't have Sky so despite not liking Chelsea I watched those games and will remember Jonathan Pearce and his rolling R's for Rrrrrrrroberto Di Matteo on commentary. I will always rememeber Tromso away in Norway, yellow/orange ball and it pelting down with snow.

Every time it snowed and my mates and I made plans to play football we always referred to it as tromso.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Chris B said:

V1 = long walks 

V2 = long wanks

Just be careful around the biscuits.