WWE 2K22. It hits… pretty much the same

Your Fight Site

• Paid Members

As shit as everything looks, they’ve done Shawn a solid here. Best he’s looked in years.

6210E523-4289-41CA-B0C7-51A42D1BA617.thumb.jpeg.083f8ff5eedbeac5167d30de7c18bd22.jpeg

I’m hoping the NXT mode has a whole section dedicated to making your character’s face look as SHOCKED as possible. Stretch it out like the start of Mario 64. Try and reach Adam Cole levels.

40A9C50B-7E87-4CB2-B6B3-7607ADE60077.gif.7484ed1087b4a6294e0d2e69a561297b.gif

Edited by Supremo

• 1 month later...

Only the more expensive ‘Deluxe’ early access version is out now. General release isn’t until Friday.

And as you said, the press only got their copies yesterday. The embargo is lifted today, so more reviews will follow. Early reviews I’ve seen from the media and fans have been relatively positive, not a perfect game but a big improvement on the previous instalment in both visuals and game play.

• Awards Moderator

The WWE Games subreddit is full of frothers that post any review they can find, if you're interested

https://www.reddit.com/r/WWEGames/

I quite enjoyed this review from a redditor

I activated LB+Y for a timed interference, the interference music hit but instead of the cutscene where the opponent looks at the screen, he simply collapsed like a wet sack 

And further to @Supremo's post above...

l6n679f862m81.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=8339ef1a8ba066d3ec9b1069103db3d0d0f537e3

Edited by Onyx2

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Onyx2 said:

The WWE Games subreddit is full of frothers that post any review they can find, if you're interested

https://www.reddit.com/r/WWEGames/

I quite enjoyed this review from a redditor

And further to @Supremo's post above...

l6n679f862m81.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s=8339ef1a8ba066d3ec9b1069103db3d0d0f537e3

Is that Mel Gibson?

Also saw a lot of rumbling on social media of EA replacing 2k to be announced shortly. Wonder if there’s any truth to it or it’s just some bollocks that has gathered pace.

Edited by Hannibal Scorch

• Paid Members

I hear there's a My Faction mode which is like some type of Ultimate Team thing, down to there being a "premium currency" that you need real money to buy. 

I wonder whether EA would take over as publishers and let the same developers make the game, or whether they'd put something together with the engine they use for the UFC games? 

47 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

I wonder whether EA would take over as publishers and let the same developers make the game, or whether they'd put something together with the engine they use for the UFC games? 

God, imagine they kept it the same? Again!

Have to feel sorry for mat fans under 25 or so, in this respect at least - every mainstream wrestling game they've known in their lifetime has likely been the same.

I grew up on Super WrestleMania, Raw is War and WrestleMania: The Arcade Game on Mega Drive, three very different games (especially the latter). Then on my N64, War Zone was from another planet, and the THQ games were completely different again.

Now ever since the PS2 SmackDown games it seems the genre's been in a holding pattern. There are other games out there for some variety but none with the visibility of a WWE title. Poor young 'uns must be crying into their Network-subbed iPads.