WWE 2K22. It hits… pretty much the same

Your Fight Site

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Gay as FOOK said:

Any 'Keffer bold enough to buy it yet? It actually seems fairly decent. Nothing world breaking but at least it looks like WWE games are back. 

lol no. I’ll just wait until it’s a free game on PlayStation Plus.

• Paid Members

I think the general consensus seems to be "not as bad as 2K20, but not the best wrestling game ever." 

Not hating the game, finding it fun to be honest. But i'd find it more fun if the servers were working. It arrived yesterday and kept getting booted from MyFaction and creations within a minute or so. Then it stopped connecting to the 2K servers entirely last night and still won't. 

My GM mode. I am Regal with nXt UK vs Adam Pearce on Raw.

Me: I know how this works, save the big matches and gimmicks for the PPV.

The main event of the first Raw was Finn Balor defending the WWE Championship against Tucker in a TLC match... it got 4-stars 😲

The second Raw featured 2 tables matches and a cage match.

On week 2, my champ Randy Orton lost clean to a jobber called Broderick 🤦‍♂️

Madness.

*Also, they couldn't fine 1 Rey match to put in between 1997-2005? And no entrances or commentary?

Edited by Version1.0
Edit

It defo feels slightly different. You feel more like you’re in the action as opposed to watching from far away. And the models seem a bit more exaggerated are cartoony than usual. Kind of like edging towards All Stars territory but not quite. Just most of the roster I don’t know. Wish they did a vintage year and replicated the roster from then. I think I’d go:

WWE1K89

Career mode would be all about Hogan and Zeus and No Holds Barred. Plus would love to see a game with Hercules and Akeem.  

I'm a mug, I know, but I just got a decent contract tied down in work and am looking for an excuse to not get pissed when everyone else in the greater Dublin area is falling about like Bart Simpson at the Paddy's Day parade this week so I picked this up. 

I know it's not exactly a high benchmark but I feel like they've definitely pulled the series out of the fire. The matches are faster and with a simpler control input, the micro transaction based MyFaction mode is cordoned off behind a section you need never venture into and it's bursting with content. I think it'll sit happily on my hard drive for a year for the occasional bash.

GM mode is a bit GM Lite but for a couch/controller game it does the business. Blasted through a few weeks this evening and it was pretty fun trying to find winning combinations to beat the AI running the opposite show. You get a weekly report on who came out on top, and it's really made shit of my plans to run a legit operation. In a desperation move I tied Papa Shango and Bret Hart down to legends contracts and had them do a Hell in a Cell at WrestleMania Backlash. 

So i just loaded the game and it told me it couldn't find the Immortal Pack DLC, would i like to start the game without it or something. So i said yes. Then once it loaded it was like the first time i played it, had to agree to the terms of online, it asked if i wanted to do the tutorial, all the little guide info bits popping up in every section. My MyGM saves are still there, the Immortal Pack DLC is there too. I hadn't start MyRise or Showcase yet, so that's no biggie. But i have lost the 7 custom belts i'd designed, and the 50-55 custom logos i'd uploaded and downloaded into the game. I didn't have any CAWs, and that's all the custom content i had. So i'm really confused as to why the hell i've had an issue when i heard save issue were supposed to be linked to large numbers of custom logos. Luckily i'd uploaded 4 of the belts to community creations, so i can get those back. 

Speaking of CC, i had an issue last week where out of the 4 belts i uploaded, only 3 would show in uploads. So i assumed the fourth never uploaded. That is until i found 4 uploads for it on CC with my username, so it was my belt and clearly it did upload each time i tried it. So now i have 7 uploads on CC and the uploads section of my save is empty. Hope they get this fixed soon, as now i'm just gonna stick to MyFaction as it's the only game mode i know my data is actually safe in.