AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, WeeAl said:

As it is, the TBS/women's title's would benefit from being combined, as would the three ROH male singles titles. Absolutely pointless that a promotion without a TV show (existing entirely within another promotion) has, what, five championships?

I reckon they might unify the TNT and ROH TV title - Joe and Wardlow interacting the past month or so might be the start of that happening somewhere down the line.

31 minutes ago, 69MeDon said:

They are really stacking this Tuesday Night Dynamite. So far, it's Mox/Hangman for the world title, Jericho/Castle for the ROH world title, Best Friends/Death Triangle for the Trios belts. Are they doing Acclaimed/Nese and Alexander as well?

Storm v. Shida is booked.

Don't think that the Acclaimed v. Nese & Woods is happening this soon unfortunately.

• Paid Members
On 10/13/2022 at 10:50 PM, Nick James said:

I've just thought about Spears bringing back the '10' gimmick, while there is actually a guy called 10 on the roster. Poor Preston. 

Although, I love me some Shawn Spears, the guy doesn't get enough credit as a solid hand. 

I'd never seen Spears doing the 10 gimmick, so was convinced Dark Order 10 was coming out when FTR made the 10 reference.

1 hour ago, Chunk said:

I'd never seen Spears doing the 10 gimmick, so was convinced Dark Order 10 was coming out when FTR made the 10 reference.

How are they allowed to have Shawn Spears calling himself The Perfect 10 and doing the mannerisms and, I think, basically the same music as his NXT/WWE run without WWE saying "oi, the fuck you doing?"

• Paid Members

Agree with everyone praising PAC's selling of the DDT and Orange Punch. That's the best DDT sell I've ever seen, although I would never recommend anybody attempt to copy it. He made Cassidy look incredible in that main event, although I still don't buy him as a guy that should be beating PAC, or holding any championship for that matter.

Putting Jericho and Danielson on before PAC and Orange really telegraphed the result of both matches sadly.

What a legend Billy Gunn is, this is a guy that had a WWF Hasbro figure. Most of my Hasbro collection are dead guys. He has no right to be looking and moving so well at his age! It's great to see him getting such fun reactions with the live crowds. Agree that the lawsuit stuff is shite though. 

3 hours ago, 69MeDon said:

How are they allowed to have Shawn Spears calling himself The Perfect 10 and doing the mannerisms and, I think, basically the same music as his NXT/WWE run without WWE saying "oi, the fuck you doing?"

Guessing wwe let the trademark go and he scooped it up 

42 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

I'd forgotten all about that Owen Hart cup until just now, when did Britt last even mention winning it?

Oh yeah, I'd completely forgotten about that too. If they do this again next year, they really need to add some sort of added reward to the mix; such as a World title shot. 

19 hours ago, Chili said:

Stupid sexy Wardlow. 

Hmmm, he struggles a bit to keep up with RJ City. I'm not sure thinking quickly in promo situations is his strength, but I still feel a bit sorry for the guy. It's a real shame that they didn't move him directly into a feud with someone who could have kept up his momentum after the MJF match. Working with someone like Jericho or Danielson would have really helped him. It still could, and I hope there's some long term thinking when it comes to the Samoa Joe partnership. Joe/Wardlow could be a fun feud. 

• Paid Members

Is it only me who can't stand that RJ City act? I just don't know what the end point is. Him winding everybody up and making them look like dickheads without ever getting any comeuppance? Some handle it better than others (Regal compared to Ruby Soho, for example) but when even Eddie Kingston comes out of them looking a bit daft, it probably does more harm than good.

• Paid Members
5 minutes ago, Lorne Malvo said:

Is it only me who can't stand that RJ City act? I just don't know what the end point is. Him winding everybody up and making them look like dickheads without ever getting any comeuppance? Some handle it better than others (Regal compared to Ruby Soho, for example) but when even Eddie Kingston comes out of them looking a bit daft, it probably does more harm than good.

Does it though? This is the wrestling equivalent of Mrs Merton. Now, if this was on TV, I could see some of your argument, but this is supposed to be 10 minutes of fluff to be entertaining on a sunday morning which takes wrestlers out of their characters. If you watch it and then feel differently about a wrestler, I get it, but as long as it is not impacting the actual wrestling shows, who cares?