AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

44 minutes ago, Loki said:

Saraya is a big name signing, no doubt, but it does mean that Jamie Hayter’s mini push is dead in the water.  Back to being henchwoman, and now no 2 Brit.  And that’s a real shame.

Yeah, one of my first thoughts. Jamie could have had a decent feud and then went on to the title.

13 hours ago, Supremo said:

Danielson should have won the main event. I get the idea of putting the belt back on Moxley as an apology for ever taking it off him in the first place, and you can’t really argue with putting the World Title on the best wrestler in the business today, but this company badly needs a fresh direction where we  completely draw a line under the past six months, all agreeing to pretend CM Punk’s run was a collective fever dream. Going back to Mox, to once again likely act as a paper champion before MJF wins it, just feels like more of the same. I would’ve put the belt on Danielson and ended the show with Omega coming out, playing on the symmetry of last year and reminding people of when this company had momentum.

Precisely this, plus the continual cutting to MJF during the match was a complete miscue. I don’t think anyone watching needed reminding that MJF has the cash-in chip. If it’s not going to play into the finish of the match, it’s a completely useless distraction that only detracts from the story they’re trying to tell in the ring. 

As Samuel Johnson once said, “when a man is tired of Bryan Danielson, he is tired of life.” 

8 hours ago, Louch said:

Sick Jason Jones GIF by The Detour

I knew you’d enjoy that one.

Anyways it doesn’t feel like they’ve got a lot of momentum coming out of that show. Mox basically replaying his interim champion run waiting for the MJF cash in/title shot. Smacks of the old “we’ve tried nothing and we’re all out of ideas” Simpsons meme. 

21 hours ago, Louch said:

Danielson wouldn’t work in a feud with MJF as he’s smarmier and more disingenuous than the heel is 

I agree with that. His character at the moment wouldn't work in a 1 on 1 feud with MJF unless they tweak it back closer to his WWE one. 

I'm not convinced Mox was the way to go either. The only benefit is that he is probably the biggest name for MJF to beat. Storyline wise I would have preferred them putting the belt back on Hangman for this feud.

Needed to put this out there.

Nobody was more shocked than me to learn that the person singing Bryan's theme was a man! I mean what? That's a guys voice? That's how a man sounds? 

I was also just as shocked that the person singing that 2000's pop song "move your feet" was a man too. 

Crazy.

I think it's a bit of a wait and see. As is to be expected everyone's gossiping over what's going on and boiling it down to AEW v. WWE.

AEW did just trademark 'House of Black' after All Out. Seems like it's in their plans. She was always going to have find her own way to be more than a valet. Still think Brody was the potential breakout star. It wouldn't have the workrate of Malakai & Buddy, however Butcher & Blade kinda fit the look. Use that for Trios and Brody can still do singles.

• Paid Members

The cynical part of me is thinking "mental health" might be code for "I want to go back to WWE now Papa H is back in charge but Tony won't let me".

If WWE wants all these scrubs back, I say take em. The homegrown lads are more over, more exciting and have way more to offer. Looks like they're already phasing out Andrade in favour of Rush and I'm all for it, Rush is great. I'd keep Swerve and Lee though, they're awesome. 

• Paid Members

Tony deserves some credit for giving them the time they have requested and their release (if true). It could work out well for all parties as if reports are to believed, Black was signed for a 5 year deal on what I would imagine would be pretty good money. Similar to Andrade, neither of them have done enough or been used enough to warrant a 5 year deal, Miro too, but sounds like he has no intentions of returning to WWE. 

At least there's a link back to WWE with Black, Murphy and Andrade with their partners working there.

I hope both Black and Murphy take the time they both need before making any decisions to sign a contract anywhere.