AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

23 minutes ago, Chunk said:

Coming to AEW having not watched WWE for 20 years, the Miro character is a total mystery to me. I feel like I've seen the exact same promo video 50 times on Dynamite and have no idea who he is or what he's about. Something to do with being a 'redeemer'. He seems to have been in a constant holding position for weeks on end with no explanation about his character whatsoever. Why is he banging on about God the whole time, who is he trying to redeem etc. He's just instantly forgettable to me.

Originally, he was God's Favourite Champion and held the TNT title for ages and ran through loads of guys. Then he lost the belt, and he got mad at God because God gave him his one weakness (his neck) that was exploited when he lost the belt. Also he was mad at God because, after losing the title, he felt he couldn't go home to his flexible wife and bang her. Then he was like...lost in a void? For a while. Now he's back as the Redeemer, but I'm not sure if he's still angry at God or what.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, 69MeDon said:

Originally, he was God's Favourite Champion and held the TNT title for ages and ran through loads of guys. Then he lost the belt, and he got mad at God because God gave him his one weakness (his neck) that was exploited when he lost the belt. Also he was mad at God because, after losing the title, he felt he couldn't go home to his flexible wife and bang her. Then he was like...lost in a void? For a while. Now he's back as the Redeemer, but I'm not sure if he's still angry at God or what.

He has said that he is going to win championships so that he may storm the gates of heaven and fight God. It's amazing. He also mentioned that his wife left him when he returned (and tore the ring from around his neck).

As for the woman, I am assuming it's Julia Hart whispering in his ear, rather than Lana.

Edited by Duke
Wrong woman

• Paid Members

4E729325-3BE2-4AFA-A1F5-2E5D860E8F92.jpeg.6b3c9121dacb0a6b924e1dd05d7df4b6.jpeg

Hell yes. Felt like a kid again. When it’s good it’s fucking great. This is everything Hangman vs. Adam Cole wasn’t. A proper PPV man event. Big time. War Mox.

Sting hiding in coffins, Miro likely bringing Lana in, Rush and Andrade becoming my new favourite tag team, some delicious Elite melodrama, Wardlow and FTR forming THE LADS WITH THE BELTS, Ricky Starks doing the DDP thing jumping into the crowd, Moxley and Jericho having a belter, Punk returning, Omega probably back next week, All Out feeling like a classic AEW PPV where everything magically comes together in the final stretch, filled with great stuff that I can’t wait to see.

47B99140-2F2B-49C3-B033-25ADE45EFFC9.gif.e1475c37e0e92364a03979d27e1c0732.gif

Edited by Supremo

The ending was so much fun, it's always better when you aren't expecting something. The fans seemed to be having a great time the entire show :)

When it comes to the trios tournament, I don't know how they can get past the House of Black (Miro shenanigans I guess), but the fairytale attempt from the Dark Order to win the whole thing, up against the Bucks (and Omega?) in the final with a conflicted Hangman in their corner may be too much to take. It doesn't really work now with the Bucks seemingly faces, and Dark Order a shadow of their former selves. I can't quite see either Hangman or Dark Order turning heel yet to set something up - anyway, it's good I have no clue what's gonna happen. Most likely none of the above 😂

Along with what was said above, I was quite interested to see some of the graphics for upcoming matches. After plenty of complaints about AEW originals not getting on TV, we have Sonny Kiss on Rampage and then Kilynn King on the next Dynamite! The latter has been on the lower shows the entire time, has she ever actually had a match on Dynamite?

3 hours ago, Mr.Showtime said:

Along with what was said above, I was quite interested to see some of the graphics for upcoming matches. After plenty of complaints about AEW originals not getting on TV, we have Sonny Kiss on Rampage and then Kilynn King on the next Dynamite! The latter has been on the lower shows the entire time, has she ever actually had a match on Dynamite?

Fuck yeah! My guilty pleasure!! 

Edited by Big'Olympic_Hero'Pete

4 hours ago, Mr.Showtime said:

we have Sonny Kiss on Rampage and then Kilynn King on the next Dynamite! The latter has been on the lower shows the entire time, has she ever actually had a match on Dynamite?

Sonny Kiss and The Trustbusters had a match against each other on Dark that had a post-match angle to it. There's a tiny bit of story to it as well.

Kilynn actually left AEW or her PPA ran out and has just been used sporadically.

When Luchasaurus came out for his match I thought there was another sighting. His opponent was already in the ring and my first thought was "That's a weird way to bring Kip Sabian back?". Oh, it's Anthony Henry.

5 hours ago, Supremo said:

4E729325-3BE2-4AFA-A1F5-2E5D860E8F92.jpeg.6b3c9121dacb0a6b924e1dd05d7df4b6.jpeg

Hell yes. Felt like a kid again. When it’s good it’s fucking great. This is everything Hangman vs. Adam Cole wasn’t. A proper PPV man event. Big time. War Mox.

Sting hiding in coffins, Miro likely bringing Lana in, Rush and Andrade becoming my new favourite tag team, some delicious Elite melodrama, Wardlow and FTR forming THE LADS WITH THE BELTS, Ricky Starks doing the DDP thing jumping into the crowd, Moxley and Jericho having a belter, Punk returning, Omega probably back next week, All Out feeling like a classic AEW PPV where everything magically comes together in the final stretch, filled with great stuff that I can’t wait to see.

47B99140-2F2B-49C3-B033-25ADE45EFFC9.gif.e1475c37e0e92364a03979d27e1c0732.gif

Yeah but Tony Khan is a shit booker still, right?

Full bracket for the Trios tournament if anyone hasn’t seen it

Quarter Finals

Death Triangle vs United Empire

Los Ingernobles vs Young Bucks/???

House of Black vs Dark Order

Trustbusters vs Best Friends

Semi Finals

Death Triangle/United Empire vs Los Ingernobles/Young Bucks & ??

House of Black/Dark Order vs Trustbusters/Best Friends

Final at the All Out PPV

Fuck me what a show and what an end. That's everything wrestling should be. MOX/Jericho was great and Punk being an absolute surprise was superb.

Mox V Punk is, as someone said, a big time feud for the title. Looking forward to them two over the next few weeks. Might even get some Punk/Regal interaction as part of it.

Dynamite has bounced back from being in a bit of a stale position the past few months (with some high bits) to being exciting again. With Kenny maybe coming back soon, they're going in strong next few months

• Paid Members

So, Omega comes back to team with the bucks, they win the trios belts and start acting like pricks again, right? Then hanger can be all "guys, you said all those nice things" and he can long term try and get back through to them? Up for that.

Punk coming out was predictable. No, not predictable, anticipated. Yearned for. We all knew it was going to happen it was brilliant when it did. Marvellous. Moxley getting up, rolling his shoulders, clicking his neck and turning round was absolutely great too. What a man.

Edit: oh, I'm desperate for Miro v Brody King. That one man v the house of black feud looks great.

When FTR backed Wardlow (because when you're in the pinnacle you're always on top) I was hoping they were going to go for the trios belts, but alas, that apparently goes to Ospreay and Aussie Open

Edited by Duke

1 hour ago, RIDDUM_N_STYLE said:

Full bracket for the Trios tournament if anyone hasn’t seen it

Quarter Finals

Death Triangle vs United Empire

Los Ingernobles vs Young Bucks/???

House of Black vs Dark Order

Trustbusters vs Best Friends

Semi Finals

Death Triangle/United Empire vs Los Ingernobles/Young Bucks & ??

House of Black/Dark Order vs Trustbusters/Best Friends

Final at the All Out PPV

Hang on a minute... Have I missed something here? After all that last week, there's no place for Adam Cole and his mates in the trios tournament? I don't want to celebrate yet, in case I've missed something... 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, adjarrell said:

Hang on a minute... Have I missed something here? After all that last week, there's no place for Adam Cole and his mates in the trios tournament? I don't want to celebrate yet, in case I've missed something... 

Cole and O Reilly are injured and can't be in the thing, as they said last week.