AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

9 hours ago, cena's mam's clunge said:

Utterly awful booking for the title match, like Katie Lee bad. Not one person thinks the fat midget stands a chance of winning, the story direction is MJF vs Moxley, wtf was that match about?! 

So there should be no title defenses once a ppv is announced? That's a bit shit.

10 minutes ago, mrtrickio said:

Surprised by how little this is being talked about

Just now, BrodyGraham said:

People would rather talk about the scuttlebutt leaked from Punk in response.

with the elite video there’s not much to talk about in it. Need to see where it goes 

10 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Bandido is a great talent but it's not like they don't have other guys like him. ROH bound?

Juice is.. okay? Does anyone really give a shit? He's watchable but not like anyone would notice he was there or not.

I'd take Bandido over quite a few. Especially since they seem to have the Lucha Bros stuck together as a tandem/trios.

Juice? Toni would notice. Going by some of the recent rumours around couples in different companies, it seems completing the set avoids some potential issues.

Forgetting ROH. Both could be good for AEW. They just need to be booked well. Which is the problem. I know it's partly been due to injuries and Fall Out from All Out. AEW feels very stale to me. A lot of acts have hung around with little evolution and the couple attempts at something new like The Firm and Trustbusters have been serious failures so far.

17 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

Bandido is a great talent but it's not like they don't have other guys like him. ROH bound?

Juice is.. okay? Does anyone really give a shit? He's watchable but not like anyone would notice he was there or not.

I remember Juice going viral for cutting really strong promos in New Japan, so hopefully he can contribute in that respect.

I have to say, these are the kind of signings that excite me. I much prefer seeing AEW sign people who haven’t any significant history in WWE; people who feel fresh and haven’t had that major platform. It’s what made AEW feel so exciting in the first place.

• Paid Members
45 minutes ago, Infinity Land said:

AEW feels very stale to me. A lot of acts have hung around with little evolution

I'd agree with that. Darby, Jungle Boy, Sammy, Cassidy etc are all great acts but feel like they've hit their level and unless they change up or find a good meaty storyline to sink their teeths into they are going to be stuck in a rut before they know it. Fresh blood is definitely needed.

• Paid Members

Juice Robinson needs to immediately go back to being the colourful, flamboyant babyface, cutting fiery promos. How on Earth did he end up as this boring, generic heel? Did he lose a bet? He’s the opposite to all those guys in WWE who’d be brilliant as a heel, but then turn babyface and shed themselves of everything that made them great. He somehow managed to do it going the other way!

Shit to see House of Black will likely remain a thing. Malakai should be a top singles guy. Stop wasting him in spooky six man feuds that last nine months a piece!

• Paid Members
25 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Shit to see House of Black will likely remain a thing. Malakai should be a top singles guy. Stop wasting him in spooky six man feuds that last nine months a piece!

Likewise Brody King should be a monster singles wrestler smashing the shite out of people rather than as someone else's lackey.

Finally caught up.

Other than Hayter winning (YAY) I though her match with Riho was pretty disjointed, bordering on sloppy and with barely any heat.

Riho actually looked shattered at times imo. Think she's only had a handful of matches in Japan recently so there could be some ring rust.

Britt and Saraya bickering was shit. Two people I can really do without on TV. 

That might have been MJF's worst promo

Meh I'm not as down on The Firm as others but they just don't scream big threat and Ethan deserves better.

6/10 show.