AEW Dynamite Thread 2022

DavidB6937

1 hour ago, LaGoosh said:

Goddamn the ending sequence in this match that built to the Buckshot was a thing of beauty.

Hungmans speed and engine is vastly underrated. Glides around in sequences and they all still look on point 

At this point I think a lot of people are expecting Hangman v. Punk at Double or Nothing. So i'm not expecting to much between now and then that will be exciting. Hopefully they don't drag out this Cole feud for another month until something like Battle of the Belts II.

I just want to see Hangman go out as a fighting champion. None of the posturing about wanting to fight and then waiting a month for a match. So more of the Dante title defenses will be good enough for me.

• Awards Moderator

That Sting article was excellent,

Really enjoyed the opening segment of Dynamite this week. Eddie Kingston is just so real and I'm quite excited for Inner Circle 2.0.

Surprised by the number of title matches this week, especially there being a World Title match with no buildup. But they were all decent matches. This must be the third or fourth time a Sammy main event has had an "injury" that covers the length of the ad break. He definitely did it against Jay Lethal a couple of months ago.

Regal's promo was a little rambling but it was so nice to hear him I didn't mind. 

I was more-than-half expecting Jeff Hardy to show up when the AHFO segment was due to happen in the ring instead of on a random staircase backstage, but the crowd pop and the music made it special. Hardys vs Private Party will definitely be coming up, but we could be in for a decent nostalgia run. Them against FTR, the Bucks, Jurassic Express, Top Flight, P&P, bring it all on. Though them sharing the ring with Sting and Darby makes me wonder if a cinematic / compound match may be in the planning at some point...

• Paid Members

Looks like in the next few weeks we'll likely get Hardys vs Butcher & Blade, hardys vs Private Party and Hardys, Darby Allin & Sting vs AFO. I'm excited for all of that. Especially with Andrade involved. I love that man. Looks the business, hell of a wrestler and has the most hilariously over the top accent ever - "Wash jo bock!" (Watch your back), everytime he calls Sting "Stink", "why ju so crazy?", "how you know?", "wahh eez paaarc" (where is Pac?) and when he calls Darby Allin "little keed". He's great.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Jericho Appreciation Society? Really? Inner Circle 2 point 0 was just sitting there to be used. Great angle all told, and I like they way both sides shake out. Santana, Ortiz and Eddie need a couple of partner's, who are we thinking?

It was stunningly obvious Regal was way over time. Big Tony was trying to wrap him up almost as soon as he went off the the far corner. It was nice of Regal to come out and say what he did afterwards. I can't see many minding, especially fans, as it was probably my favourite part of the show. 

They fucked the pooch with the TNT title after Miro. It's been downhill since then. Sammy is a shit face, his first run was very lacklustre, then they went backwards to Cody, back onto Sammy (in an admittedly great match) but Sammy holding the belt wasn't working the first time. Now it's onto Scorpio who is cold as ice. If a heel was going to get a go with it at this time, from the ladder match combo then Starks would have been a good option. I'd still rather Handsome Wardlow (good promo by the way) blew through Sammy next week instead, but as it looks now he'll likely end up losing due to MJF. Gives Wardlow a reason to stay connected to MJF, but I'm not sure him losing to Sky won't hurt him, even with a tonne of interference. 

Hardy coming in adds even more depth to the roster. So many tag teams to work with. Speaking of which, the FTR/Tully split really came from nowhere. Interesting to see what the idea is behind that. 

Hangman still feuding with Adam Cole? Big no from me Geoff. 

• Paid Members
48 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

I don’t know how trustworthy this Twitter account is so take it for what it is, but it seems there may have been more to Regal’s promo 

Usually pretty trustworthy, and that line does appear to have been taken from the latest Observer. There's been rumours/gossip for a few years about Regal's health - I've heard some specifics, but no idea how true any of it is. On top of all that, he's had heart problems in the past, and his body must have taken an absolute beating from years of addiction, so it wouldn't be surprising to hear. Hopefully it's not nearly as bad as Meltzer has made it sound - I wouldn't ordinarily listen to Jericho's podcast, but I'll definitely keep an eye out for that one, which hopefully should clear things up.

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, WeeAl said:

They fucked the pooch with the TNT title after Miro. It's been downhill since then. Sammy is a shit face, his first run was very lacklustre, then they went backwards to Cody, back onto Sammy (in an admittedly great match) but Sammy holding the belt wasn't working the first time. Now it's onto Scorpio who is cold as ice. If a heel was going to get a go with it at this time, from the ladder match combo then Starks would have been a good option. I'd still rather Handsome Wardlow (good promo by the way) blew through Sammy next week instead, but as it looks now he'll likely end up losing due to MJF. Gives Wardlow a reason to stay connected to MJF, but I'm not sure him losing to Sky won't hurt him, even with a tonne of interference. 

Before this team with Moxley I'd have said to put the TNT title on Danielson and let him wrestle all comers every week or two. 

I feel like they only took the belt off Sammy and put it on Scorpio Sky to heat things up between Sammy and Dan Lambert's crew, as it seems Sammy & Tay Conti are the new Cody & Brandi in terms of the Paige VanZant/Austin Vanderford feud. Let's hope they don't go the way of Cody & Brandi in terms of how the crowd view them. 

I'm fine with Scorpio Sky getting the win. I'm looking forward to a LA Laker inspired TNT custom belt design. If that doesn't happen we know it's super short term.

Couple of random open challenges, Daniels being an obvious one. Then there's the smorgasboard of choices Keith Lee, Swerve, Wardlow and Eddie as decent next champions.

2 minutes ago, Merzbow said:

Condrey!

What's the deal with FTR right now? Its been ffeeling like they have a lot of plans away from AEW, taking a more independant route.

It news just out from Fightful the Briscoes are being kept out by someone at WarnerMedia. That seemed like a plan for them and they've been in a holding pattern AEW wise. Both guys have made noises about retiring relatively young. I think they're just maximising their time.

I mean if you saw Jon Moxley crisscrossing the country for DEFY and GCW, wouldn't you be asking for independent bookings as well?

35 minutes ago, jazzygeofferz said:

Before this team with Moxley I'd have said to put the TNT title on Danielson and let him wrestle all comers every week or two. 

I feel like they only took the belt off Sammy and put it on Scorpio Sky to heat things up between Sammy and Dan Lambert's crew, as it seems Sammy & Tay Conti are the new Cody & Brandi in terms of the Paige VanZant/Austin Vanderford feud. Let's hope they don't go the way of Cody & Brandi in terms of how the crowd view them. 

They both seem to be playing into getting the Cody reaction on twitter this week